Multiple Casting Guns

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

RiftJunkie
Dungeon Crawler

Multiple Casting Guns

Unread post by RiftJunkie »

OK, say I want a "double barrel" Casting Thrower. Grow two on my right shoulder, one right next to the other. Firing both at the same time, one or two actions? Can stuff like this be "fire-linked"?
My apologies up front if my posts come across as argumentative or crass. It is not a personal attack on anyone, just my blunt style. I bear no ill will towards anybody that plays Palladium Games (there’s not enough of us to hold a grudge).
boxee
Hero

Re: Multiple Casting Guns

Unread post by boxee »

It is a GM call. Base rules not too sure.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

weapons that can be fire linked are indicated as such in the rules.

the only benefit to multiple casting guns is the extra ammo, and redundancy if one is destroyed (which is very unlikely).
krispy
Hero
Comment: Luck favors the prepared

Unread post by krispy »

normally shoulder mounted weapons like the Casting, or Heat Projection Cannon, or my Pilobolus Cannon are designed for one on each shoulder.
shoulder mounted weapons can be fired simultaneously

But it depends on the design. for standard HA, i would normally only allow one for each shoulder. however the Grendel WM i may consider allowing 2 Casting weapons on one shoulder.

If you wish a Double barrel Casting, that is a decision for the GM. if you did that, i would consider that one weapon and not 2 separate (if you kept it one on each shoulder).

because of that, it may cost you twice as much Bio-E to grow the weapon from launcher, rifle to cannon..... or twice the amount every you wish to enhance it with a Ranged Weapon Enhancement, like Mega-Upgrade.
connecting the dots
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Does make me wonder how paired WP rules might apply to bio-weapons like this since some OCCs can paired pistol or rifle with penalty.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

RiftJunkie wrote:OK, say I want a "double barrel" Casting Thrower. Grow two on my right shoulder, one right next to the other. Firing both at the same time, one or two actions? Can stuff like this be "fire-linked"?

If it isn't inherrent to the bio-enhancement, it would have to be a purchaseable bio-e upgrade. It's been a while since I've looked, but I may have even included one in Genetic Expressions.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
RiftJunkie
Dungeon Crawler

krispy wrote:normally shoulder mounted weapons like the Casting, or Heat Projection Cannon, or my Pilobolus Cannon are designed for one on each shoulder.
shoulder mounted weapons can be fired simultaneously

But it depends on the design. for standard HA, i would normally only allow one for each shoulder. however the Grendel WM i may consider allowing 2 Casting weapons on one shoulder.

If you wish a Double barrel Casting, that is a decision for the GM. if you did that, i would consider that one weapon and not 2 separate (if you kept it one on each shoulder).

because of that, it may cost you twice as much Bio-E to grow the weapon from launcher, rifle to cannon..... or twice the amount every you wish to enhance it with a Ranged Weapon Enhancement, like Mega-Upgrade.

I can see that perspective.
However, on page 76 of the MB: "Thus, as per the example, if the character had three Casting Guns on his Host Armor, one might grow into a Casting Cannon by fourth level while the other two remain simple Casting Guns, his Bio-E spent......" If the Casting Weapons were restricted to only one per shoulder there wouldn't be mention of three as an example unless this is more PB editing. I do see your logic and it does make sense. This is why I hate contradictions.
My apologies up front if my posts come across as argumentative or crass. It is not a personal attack on anyone, just my blunt style. I bear no ill will towards anybody that plays Palladium Games (there’s not enough of us to hold a grudge).
Shark_Force
Palladin

i don't recall anything restricting a casting gun to the shoulder. heat projectors are very clearly noted as being a shoulder-mounted weapon (and then some)... but i don't recall anything that prevents you from mounting the casting cannon onto a forearm.

i am afb though, and have been known to sometimes gloss over details like that :P

(i only just recently realized omega blasters specifically mention an action to open the chest plate as being factored into the time to fire them, for example).
RiftJunkie
Dungeon Crawler

Shark_Force wrote:i don't recall anything restricting a casting gun to the shoulder. heat projectors are very clearly noted as being a shoulder-mounted weapon (and then some)... but i don't recall anything that prevents you from mounting the casting cannon onto a forearm.

i am afb though, and have been known to sometimes gloss over details like that :P

(i only just recently realized omega blasters specifically mention an action to open the chest plate as being factored into the time to fire them, for example).

Page 76 talks about placement of weapons and enhancement. It basically says it is determined by physiology and common sense. It also says that pretty much anything can go, because you are actually altering it's DNA. Certain weapons state where they go (The Heat Projector Cannon says that it grows on the back and curves over a shoulder and goes on to say that two is the limit that you can have). My original question is about the Multiple Casting Guns which have no such restriction printed and I wanted to know how to handle it. I still think two or three Casters on the same shoulder could/should work, mostly because I think it would look really cool. They would obviously be a real pain to further enhance/upgrade, though.
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Just use common sense.
Shark_Force
Palladin

given the stated size of the heat projector, i don't think it's unreasonable to allow multiple other weapons to be mounted on the same shoulder provided they are not of similar size.

but then, i'd also just allow you to buy extra ammo capacity without limit as long as you're willing to pay the Bio-E for it, at a lower rate than the cost of buying up every stage of the casting cannon (production rate would be limited to the single upgrade, but capacity? that's simple enough that imo they should be able to do that no problem).

Return to “Splicers®”