Bio-Energy Expulsion Vents

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

RiftJunkie
Dungeon Crawler

Bio-Energy Expulsion Vents

Unread post by RiftJunkie »

You get 5 blasts per melee, any more than that you get penalties.

Is that PER Bio-Energy Expulsion Vent, or total since it's based off of your PE? I would tend to think it's total because it's based off of your PE, but then what would be the point of more than one?
My apologies up front if my posts come across as argumentative or crass. It is not a personal attack on anyone, just my blunt style. I bear no ill will towards anybody that plays Palladium Games (there’s not enough of us to hold a grudge).
RiftJunkie
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Bio-Energy Expulsion Vents

Unread post by RiftJunkie »

Also, if you got the "Super-Upgrade", does that mean you could get 10 shots before penalties? Or do you think the PE thing would over-ride the upgrade?
My apologies up front if my posts come across as argumentative or crass. It is not a personal attack on anyone, just my blunt style. I bear no ill will towards anybody that plays Palladium Games (there’s not enough of us to hold a grudge).
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Your right it would be total, and yes the upgrade would double it I would think, but ask your GM.
krispy
Hero
Comment: Luck favors the prepared

Unread post by krispy »

Boxee is correct, the penalty is for the total shots fired in one melee round from any of the vents you have in the design.
the thing about incorporating more than one vent is, if you had 2 vents on each forearm, and one on your head, or tail; you could fire the 2 from the R forearm simultaneously at the target, then the 2 on the L forearm simultaneously, followed by the one on the tail. making 3 attack with 5 vent shots in the melee round

if you wanted you could put all 5 on one forearm, wrapping around the entire forearm, and all of them could fire simultaneously for the 5 shot limit, in one awesomely damaging shot, if it hits :)
connecting the dots
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Can you link them like that?????
Slight001
Hero

Unread post by Slight001 »

boxee wrote:Can you link them like that?????

Don't see why you couldn't after all you can link super light cells and they are also separate units.
"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Where does it mention the ability to simultaneously fire? I don't think we should assume other weapons can duplicate the light cell tactic.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Slight001 wrote:
boxee wrote:Can you link them like that?????

Don't see why you couldn't after all you can link super light cells and they are also separate units.

Since it mentions that specifically in the Super Light Cell ability, I would say that it is possible, but I would require a Bio-E expenditure to build in that capability since it is not inherrent in the enhancement.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

i'd be pretty disinclined to give such a powerful burst for such a relatively low cost as to grant 5 fire-linked bio-e vents. particularly since it isn't 5 per round, but rather 20 per minute... which means you can just tear apart 4 enemies in the first round with your first 4 actions, and then switch to something else.

front-loaded damage like that is extremely strong. it can deny an enemy the chance to act by just destroying it in the first turn. it's the reason that omega is even worth looking at when there are much less expensive damage options out there.

it may not be the most total damage relative to bio-e cost in the game, but it is an extremely inexpensive way to get such massive amounts of burst, and i'd be very cautious about allowing it.
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Kinda agree with shark here guys.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Shark_Force wrote:front-loaded damage like that is extremely strong. it can deny an enemy the chance to act by just destroying it in the first turn. it's the reason that omega is even worth looking at when there are much less expensive damage options out there.

That and the Omega's range... and it being a very well protected weapon system, and not running out easily like physical weapons systems.

Course the Photon cannon eventually got higher range :)
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Tor wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:front-loaded damage like that is extremely strong. it can deny an enemy the chance to act by just destroying it in the first turn. it's the reason that omega is even worth looking at when there are much less expensive damage options out there.

That and the Omega's range... and it being a very well protected weapon system, and not running out easily like physical weapons systems.

Course the Photon cannon eventually got higher range :)

if the omega had the long range, and was well-protected, but only did 4d6 damage, it would not be worth looking at for the current cost.
if the omega had current damage, but only a 500 foot range, and was no more well-protected than any other weapon system, it would still be worth looking at for the current cost (though obviously not quite as good as it is now).

i'll grant that the repeating portion is important (the fact that you can use them 1-2 times per round is very important).
EDIT: but only because of the damage. physical systems don't run out very fast when they're only fired once per round, unless you're talking about something like rockets; i can carry around a pod rifle that costs next to nothing and so long as i'm shooting once per round i'm good for 32 rounds, which is frankly more than i'm likely to need

the main reason for the cost is damage. the other features are nice, but it's the ability to wipe an enemy out with a single shot (potentially) that makes it worth so much.

edit: another way to look at it, compare the cost of increasing range to the cost of increasing damage with the weapon upgrades. range is definitely worth something, but it obviously isn't valued as highly as damage :P
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

boxee wrote:Kinda agree with shark here guys.

I would also agree since in just rereading a bunch of the splicer book stuff last night the things like light cells and a few other things that allow for linked fire capability all seem to specifically describe that and the damage boots for doing it.

Random side note in paying more attention to the level upgrades that are involved man light cells require some serious planning a head to make good use of them. Basically two levels of increasingly good flash lights before finally getting damage capability out of them at level 3.
Razorwing
Hero

Unread post by Razorwing »

@Kaid

I think you are mistaken about the Super Light Cell Upgrade... as it only needs a Glow Cell, thus allowing you to get it by 2nd level.

The progression is Glow Cell to either a Simple Light Cell or a Super Light Cell.

That is unless there has been some errata that I've missed... in which case, please provide a link to such Errata.
There are three types of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Razorwing wrote:@Kaid

I think you are mistaken about the Super Light Cell Upgrade... as it only needs a Glow Cell, thus allowing you to get it by 2nd level.

The progression is Glow Cell to either a Simple Light Cell or a Super Light Cell.

That is unless there has been some errata that I've missed... in which case, please provide a link to such Errata.

I believe you are correct.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.

Return to “Splicers®”