Pack master new type of animal and new Bug for swarm lord

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

darkguyver
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: I have writing disability so if need me retype please let me known thank for read and posting please be respectful

Pack master new type of animal and new Bug for swarm lord

Unread post by darkguyver »

So from Rifter 66 can Ranger get the Dna of Stonebacks then librarian get the dna re-engineer Stonebacks to make new pack type for
Packmaster like dogs are for scout and reconnaissance.This new pack animal are heavy assault commandos between 2 to 4 in
the Pack Master host armor has also change more suited for heavy assaulting

Same for idea for Stinger moth new bug type for swarmlord
Image/Image

Megaversal Ambassador®
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Re: Pack master new type of animal and new Bug for swarm lor

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Are you asking if this is possible?

Tossing this out as an idea?

Is this in Rifter 66? (I'll have to look at it again once I get home)
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
darkguyver
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: I have writing disability so if need me retype please let me known thank for read and posting please be respectful

Yes that what I am ask since ranger job is get samples for librarian So re-engineer Stonebacks into pack animals to fight with humans against machines

What think it be hell add to Pack Master OCC
Image/Image

Megaversal Ambassador®
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

gorehounds are already pretty significant. what does the stoneback add that's so impressive, out of curiosity? because from where i stand, gorehounds have a pretty good chassis... good senses, reasonable speed, terrifying in close combat... the only thing they really need to be a powerful combat force is a decent ranged weapon (bio-e vents provide this at an inexpensive price, but are not the only option, nor imo the best) and maybe upgraded regeneration to allow them to recover after a fight.

if you want gorehounds to be dominant as a combat force, you pretty much just need to give them more bio-e. the only thing *really* holding them back is that they don't become terrifying combat death machines until a packmaster has spent a few levels pouring their limited per-level pool of bio-e into them to make them so.

but if all those stonebacks add is toughness, well, all you really have to do is introduce the concept of barding into the splicers universe.
darkguyver
Megaversal® Ambassador

well if fact with heavy duty weapons add to back like pair heavy bio cannon on back refocus fist for better punching and if make them into mobile basilisk tank both for anti air or ground is one idea
Image/Image

Megaversal Ambassador®
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Shark_Force wrote:but if all those stonebacks add is toughness, well, all you really have to do is introduce the concept of barding into the splicers universe.

Look at my article from Rifter #59.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Shark_Force
Palladin

darkguyver wrote:well if fact with heavy duty weapons add to back like pair heavy bio cannon on back refocus fist for better punching and if make them into mobile basilisk tank both for anti air or ground is one idea

you could add some fairly heavy-duty weapons to gorehounds, too, provided you have enough bio-e. i mean, nothing prevents you from adding, say, a heat projector, or a bunch of organic rockets, or other weapons, other than lack of bio-e.

furthermore, while they may not look that tough, their automatic dodge makes them surprisingly resilient.

as far as effective melee combat, gorehounds already have that covered, too. their jump attack knocks people down quite well, which means that if they get into melee combat with you you're probably going to spend most of your time knocked all over the place and unable to act, unless you have an automatic dodge or something like that.

i will say that there are some things i think would make for an appealing replacement for gorehounds. provided you kept a few key components (extreme loyalty to humanity being a major one, though their other advantages are not bad either), the main challenge i feel for gorehounds is their metabolism. meat is a major resource drain to produce compared to vegetable matter, and if you could go even further and make them photosynthetic or thermosynthetic or lithovores, that would be a definite compelling argument.

another possible argument would be some sort of useful sense. for example, if they were lithovores as above, and could sense metal more readily, that might be pretty compelling.

another major possibility would be something that lets them handle metal, by being so different from mammalian life that they don't trigger the nanobot plague. yet another possibility would be something that makes them blend in more. for example, if their new body doesn't give off heat and looks like a regular piece of terrain, that would be pretty interesting for the resistance.

these aren't the only possibilities, but unless you have similarly compelling reasons, i don't see gorehounds getting replaced any time soon. now, if stonebacks looked like a stone outcropping, ate metal and minerals (rendering them into an inert form that the machine cannot use), had a sufficiently different biology as to not trigger nanobot plague responses, and didn't generate body heat, then i'd say you've got a winner there.

but if it's just toughness, well, toughness is easy to add with splicers biotechnology.
darkguyver
Megaversal® Ambassador

Shark_Force wrote:
darkguyver wrote:well if fact with heavy duty weapons add to back like pair heavy bio cannon on back refocus fist for better punching and if make them into mobile basilisk tank both for anti air or ground is one idea

you could add some fairly heavy-duty weapons to gorehounds, too, provided you have enough bio-e. i mean, nothing prevents you from adding, say, a heat projector, or a bunch of organic rockets, or other weapons, other than lack of bio-e.

furthermore, while they may not look that tough, their automatic dodge makes them surprisingly resilient.

as far as effective melee combat, gorehounds already have that covered, too. their jump attack knocks people down quite well, which means that if they get into melee combat with you you're probably going to spend most of your time knocked all over the place and unable to act, unless you have an automatic dodge or something like that.

i will say that there are some things i think would make for an appealing replacement for gorehounds. provided you kept a few key components (extreme loyalty to humanity being a major one, though their other advantages are not bad either), the main challenge i feel for gorehounds is their metabolism. meat is a major resource drain to produce compared to vegetable matter, and if you could go even further and make them photosynthetic or thermosynthetic or lithovores, that would be a definite compelling argument.

another possible argument would be some sort of useful sense. for example, if they were lithovores as above, and could sense metal more readily, that might be pretty compelling.

another major possibility would be something that lets them handle metal, by being so different from mammalian life that they don't trigger the nanobot plague. yet another possibility would be something that makes them blend in more. for example, if their new body doesn't give off heat and looks like a regular piece of terrain, that would be pretty interesting for the resistance.

these aren't the only possibilities, but unless you have similarly compelling reasons, i don't see gorehounds getting replaced any time soon. now, if stonebacks looked like a stone outcropping, ate metal and minerals (rendering them into an inert form that the machine cannot use), had a sufficiently different biology as to not trigger nanobot plague responses, and didn't generate body heat, then i'd say you've got a winner there.

but if it's just toughness, well, toughness is easy to add with splicers biotechnology.

I would not say replace as other variant the great thing is with use of dna you can remake or improve on pretty much anything if give time and resource just thought it be cool control this guys on battlefield with some bio tech upgrades could be super nasty.
Image/Image

Megaversal Ambassador®
Shark_Force
Palladin

hmmm... i'll try and phrase it another way.

the great houses already have gorehounds. they have a long history of working with gorehounds, and an even longer history of working with dogs in general. gorehounds have a pretty substantial list of advantages, and any toughness concerns can be readily resolved by making living armour for the gorehounds or by simply devoting more bio-e to upgrade them.

as such, having a new type of creature fill in the position of gorehound would need some sort of fairly compelling argument. especially if that role is to be a semi-independent combatant, the way gorehounds can be, because one of the biggest advantages gorehounds have is that humanity is pretty danged sure gorehounds won't betray them. of all the warmounts, the only ones that will risk their lives to save humans without direct instruction to do so by someone are gorehounds and behemoths (and even behemoths are not ever really given free reign the way a gorehound is).

so any creature intended to fill a similar role is going to need to have a compelling argument why it should be used instead of gorehounds. now, for a specific great house, that might be as simple as "we don't have gorehounds because <reasons>, but were able to get our hands on stonebacks which we have domesticated", but as a general addition to the resistance, a new animal isn't really likely to be used in a role the gorehounds already fill unless it has some really compelling arguments in its favour.

edit: to clarify, i'm not saying "that would never happen", i'm saying "what is the reason for this to happen". i accept that there are reasons it could happen, i'm curious what reasons you feel are compelling enough to cause it to happen.
darkguyver
Megaversal® Ambassador

I do make for plot devices experiment that house been work on or what or even a rival was working on over I do have idea now so a ya thx
Image/Image

Megaversal Ambassador®

Return to “Splicers®”