Any new books in the works?

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Razorwing
Hero

Any new books in the works?

Unread post by Razorwing »

So far Splicers has only the Core rule book and a few articles in the Rifter. This makes Splicers one of the least (if not the least) supported series Palladium currently publishes.

So are there any plans for more books for this series?
There are three types of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Re: Any new books in the works?

Unread post by Shark_Force »

yes. six books were scheduled for release in 2013. obviously, that was rather optimistic (some people appeared to really expect all six books to be released last year, i personally have a great deal of confidence that we're probably going to be lucky to see even 8 books total released this year across all lines, never mind getting six books in this setting alone, but would love to be proven wrong). my personal thoughts are that we've got a fair chance of seeing one, *maybe* two released this year, but i'm just pessimistic that way.

so, basically... there's stuff in the pipeline, somewhere. it's already written (but not through the full editing process, which typically means kevin has to plow through it all personally), much/most of it is already illustrated, it will be released when it is released, and i know of no stated due date from a source i would rely on if anything serious depended on it.

but, if you're really optimistic, you can feel free to expect a whole bunch of new splicers material this year. i mean, it *could* happen. and like i said, i would be happy to have my expectations proven wrong.
Razorwing
Hero

Six books for Splicers?

Okay... with Palladium's track record for getting books out on time, expecting all of them in one year is very optimistic, but still this is great news.

Any idea what these books will contain (other that the unspecific and unhelpful general Splicer goodness)? Not looking for release dates... just the sort of stuff we can salivate over.
There are three types of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Razorwing wrote:Six books for Splicers?

Okay... with Palladium's track record for getting books out on time, expecting all of them in one year is very optimistic, but still this is great news.

Any idea what these books will contain (other that the unspecific and unhelpful general Splicer goodness)? Not looking for release dates... just the sort of stuff we can salivate over.

These are all smaller sourcebooks that should take less time in the revision and editing stage. I am working with two writing teams right now on a book for Technojackers and a book of bio-enhancements. One team that I'm working with has a list of a bunch of other Splicers books that we are dedicated to completing, but we can't really dive into those details right now, other than to say that we've discussed Splicers: Homefront which will discuss the Great Houses and some of the specific bio-technology there.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

don't know of any previews or teasers or anything like that, but i can tell you that "Slappy" (Chris Kluge) was doing a lot of writing together with "Premiere" (Chuck Walton), who has also completed much of the art.

just how encouraging is that to know?

well, here's Chuck's Deviantart page: http://chuckwalton.deviantart.com/
and here's a collection of Slappy's unofficial work as a fan: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73564 (on a side note, this link is almost like having a second splicers sourcebook all on it's own).

that's probably what's at the front of the splicers pipeline, at least, since i think they were handing theirs in back when TGK (Brandon Aten) was working on triax two and the sovietski rifts world book (which hasn't come out yet either, so he's waiting for some stuff to come out of the pipeline himself).

not aware of any online samples of TGK's work, but there's some splicers stuff in the rifter. for example, if you own rifter #50 he worked on the gardener, tormenter, and geneticist (though as seems to be the standard for all splicers art that isn't in the original book, premiere is the artist for that one. not that he didn't do anything for the original book, mind you, just that he's also done pretty much everything *since* the core book as well).

so yeah, definitely exciting news. we know we've got stuff in the pipeline, and we know it's from people who do amazing work.

it's hard to patient, but i am confident that it will be worth the wait in the end.
The Galactus Kid

Shark_Force wrote:don't know of any previews or teasers or anything like that, but i can tell you that "Slappy" (Chris Kluge) was doing a lot of writing together with "Premiere" (Chuck Walton), who has also completed much of the art.

just how encouraging is that to know?

well, here's Chuck's Deviantart page: http://chuckwalton.deviantart.com/
and here's a collection of Slappy's unofficial work as a fan: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73564 (on a side note, this link is almost like having a second splicers sourcebook all on it's own).

that's probably what's at the front of the splicers pipeline, at least, since i think they were handing theirs in back when TGK (Brandon Aten) was working on triax two and the sovietski rifts world book (which hasn't come out yet either, so he's waiting for some stuff to come out of the pipeline himself).

not aware of any online samples of TGK's work, but there's some splicers stuff in the rifter. for example, if you own rifter #50 he worked on the gardener, tormenter, and geneticist (though as seems to be the standard for all splicers art that isn't in the original book, premiere is the artist for that one. not that he didn't do anything for the original book, mind you, just that he's also done pretty much everything *since* the core book as well).

so yeah, definitely exciting news. we know we've got stuff in the pipeline, and we know it's from people who do amazing work.

it's hard to patient, but i am confident that it will be worth the wait in the end.

The Packmaster article in Rifter 59 was also a project I worked on with my other brother-in-law.

The stuff that Chuck and Slappy turned in should prove to be totally awesome. Their stuff is consistantly great and will onl flesh out the story world more. It is undoubtedly written on a gander scale than the smaller sourcebooks that we're working on since most of the stuff in the pipe for us is immediately accessible player resources that only enhance the main classes in the existing books. The stuff that Chuck and Slappy are working on is a wealth of new material truly breaking new ground. We're taking two different approaches to avoid stepping on toes during the writing process, but both of which can chrun out awesome source material to be used as a springboard for future content.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

Razorwing
Hero

A book for technojackers? Sweet... one of the less focused on OCCs in the game at the moment, yet the one that is probably the most vital to the Resistance and dangerous to the machine (as they can still use machines themselves). Should be interesting to delve more into the character of these characters.

More bio-enhancements? I guess you can never have too many bio-enchancements... though getting them all is impossible. Can't wait to see what new and strange enhancements there will be.

A book on the Great Houses... finally more insight into what the different houses are like... the Main book didn't go into any real detail about the House of the Barren Marshes except for the rough breakdown of the house. It will be interesting to see how various Houses actually conduct themselves.

So many possibilities... so few books for them so far. Must remember that paitence is a virtue... especially when fighting the machine!
The Galactus Kid

Hahaha. Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, Splicers has some of the most dedicated and passionate fans while also having awesome, talented writers working on the line. We all do what we do because we love the setting as much as you all do.

Return to “Splicers®”