A cohesive list of Splicer add ins

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

krispy
Hero
Comment: Luck favors the prepared

Re: A cohesive list of Splicer add ins

Unread post by krispy »

there are plenty of Home Brew Houses on the forum that you could base your new fledgling House on.
or find a House on the forum you like and have them absorb the fallen House into it (benevolently....or not :demon:)

Tabular Rasa (clean/blank slate), the remnants of the fallen House send out scouts to find a suitable location to start anew...and where they stop; no one knows .....is it along the coast, or on an island visible from the shore, high in the mountains, or under a ruined city in the tunnels systems.

how many and who escaped the Machine onslaught? did any Librarians or Saints survive, how many combatants? how many civilians? these question will help you determine the best course for the survivors. it is more then likely that the Engineers were lost, and if there is no Saints then they cannot establish a fully functioning House unless they outsource their biotech.
maybe they do have Saints, but it still many years until the alien matures
maybe they lost all their Librarians as well
what was the House like before the purge?
etc etc
connecting the dots
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Guy_LeDouche »

There's a lot you could do with this idea. PCs could be tasked with anything from securing food/water for a sizeable group (feeding 50+ people on the run can't be easy) to acting as protection for non combatants.

I would first start with what Krispy suggested: A basic idea of who and what is left. From there, what role will the PCs play? Forward scouts, protection/security, scavengers for food or supplies, etc. From there, you should be able to craft a pretty decent adventure.

A few rough ideas off the top of my head:

1. Secret Agent!: The survivors have been infiltrated. It could be an agent can be from a rival House, TJ clan, or even an agent of N.E.X.U.S.. If a N.E.X.U.S. agent, it can be a human, Nex-Android, or Siren Infiltrator [url](http://forums.palladium-megaverse.com/v ... hp?t=35645[/url]). The agent is not out to destroy or undermine the group (at least, not yet) only to gather information, make notes about the PCs/House/group, and will file a full report when available. If the agent can sneak away, they may set the group up for capture or termination by a larger force.

2. Outbreak!: The survivors are suddenly afflicted with a strange illness, even impacting War Mounts, Biotics, Scarecrows, and even Host Armor itself! The sickness causes painful boils, sores, and severe aches and pains. Though not lethal, the sudden onset of the disease, its impacting of bio-equipment, and resistance to conventional treatment hints that it is anything but natural. Somebody should probably be looking into this.

3. Man-Eaters of Tsavo: A mated pair (or group) of savage, powerful predators have figured out that these survivors, stomping around the wilderness, are easy pickings. Especially the ones without bio-technology. They are now stalking the trails or areas near the survivors, consistently picking off those who wander alone or too far way. Make it something nasty, brutal, and they should definitely be able to hold their own against Host Armors.
Fairy tales begin with "Once upon a time". Southern fairy tales begin with "Y'all ain't gonna believe this s**t!!"

XBL Gamertag: Guy L3D0uch3

If Keanu Reeves had played Thulsa Doom, he would have told Conan to contemplate on the Tree of Whoa..
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Here is my House DeLong story, I have not gotten far on the story, but have done alot of work on the house. Hope this might give you some ideas.

Joan looked around, the bloodshed was massive why did house DeLong rebuke her order. At first she thought they were hiding something, some sinister secret. The soothsayers had to know what was happening and why. She was sure there was something dark waiting in the depths of the earth. She gave the order to destroy the heretics, leave only a few to question at length, even under torture.
Her estimate of the houses number were a massive mis-step. Her first wave 4000 troops were slaughtered, she learned the house had maybe upto 50,000 members. She called a crusade upon them and the full force of her order came to the call. The House they faced had strange warmounts and biotics that seemed smarter then normal.
She hated losing the saints from this hidden house, but they fought with their last breath. Joan later learned they were trying to protect massive storehouses of information, and trying to buy time for the houses children to escape. Her warriors saw only spite from the saints, not the desperation.
The smoke, black and thick bellowed from nearly every hall in this once great house. Blackened charred remains showed mothers curled around their children, trying against hope to save their sons and daughters. Cows standing upright blacked husks, other animals maybe sheep or goats, she could not tell stood in empty fields.
What at first she thought to be idols made to the machines, carved stone robotic forces. The red paint showing the weak points, where to strike to do the most damage. The detail was meticulous, it must have taken years to carve the statues.
House DeLong left nothing the enemy could use, except their seedlings. Joan guessed they thought even if they all die humanity needed the seedlings to survive. The engineers died rather then fall into a hostile forces hands. The scarecrows of the house knew they would not survive long so decided to fight to the last, take down as many of the invaders as possible.
Joan ordered 50,000 troops into the darkness, 758 came back out. She was releived the fight was over until she found a hidden tunnel out, up to the surface. About the same time her scouts on the surface warned about machine activity. Some forces were sitred up in a nearby ghost town. Joan figured the hidden tunnel exited somewhere near there. There must not have been many that escaped or more machines would be on the way.
Joan figured the machines would find the enterence into the house and decided to pull her people away, nothing was to be gained in a senseless battle with the machines. Still she wanted to know where the survivors went....
End part one.

"Oh god Benny what have you done?" Leon could not beleive his daughter would betray not only him and her own family but the only great house that would ally itself to them. The small impish woman that dragged Benny into his bunker has not stoped screaming since she entered the bunker. From the tiny womans anger Leon was suprised Benny was not torn to peices and in a bucket.
"She's wrong daddy! Lilith is my friend she would never betray us!" The child could not comprehend how these idiots could think Lilith would lie to her. They had been friends for years why would she want to hurt her.
"Daddy Lilith warned me the machines are heading this way, she said they would be here at 9AM, but if we stayed in our bunker we would not even be noticed. She said the machine was drawn to the massive explosions and was afraid the splicers would try to attack them!". Benny did not like the splicers they treated her like dirt, something you would scrape off the bottom of your shoe.
"Morgana put a plug in it, yelling is not going to help. Benny is a child she was tricked." Johan needed to gain control of his people. If what the girl said was true the children and their guardians that were sent to "The Grotto" may already be dead, and now he could not take the chance of leading the enemies to their new home. Leon and his family have always given him accurate information over the years, so he was not ready to betray their friendship over the mistake of a child.
"Look man I know this is a bad situation, please let me make it better.". Leon pushed Benny to her mother and hoped he could salvage the situation.
Johan's voice was strained. "They were sent ahead to the grotto, we planed meeting there in two days".
"Where is The Grotto? Maybe we can get there and warn them before it is too late.". Leon hoped Johan could see he was trying to make amends. This could easily turn into a major bloodbath unless cooler heads prevailed.
Johan could see Morgana was about to tear into Leon and he needed to show his men who was in charge. "Morgana go check to see if we have company on the way ". He stared the small woman down and she relented.
"Mark my words Johan this will not end well. Not end well at all.". She turned and vanished. Johan turned to Leon.
"Ok Leon what kind of help can you provide?".
"My son Jeffery has a fast vehicle he can get to your people and warn them. But once he is there what should he tell them? You need to pick a new location to meet up.". Leon pulled out a huge map and put it on the table in the huge conference room.
The map was some kind of old survey map from before the machine war. Someone had maked various areas in red marker. Ghost Town, Boneyard, Preserves, the map was a bit un-nerving. Worse Johan had no idea what was out there in the open spots.
Jeffery's huge dark hand moved smoothly over the map pointing out dangers not on the map......
End part two.

A massvie wave of death marched toward the ghost town. A woman watched her child impassively she did not seem worried about the machines. The child moved between her mother and the oncomming wave. A smile slowly played across her face as the machines came to a stop.
A steel trooper moved to stand in front of the girl. "Lilith, Hecate why do you stand against your sister in her appointed tasks?".
The little girl looked at the steel trooper, a sleight smile playing across her face, an impish grin. "Kali, we do not oppose you, we mearly ask you circumvent this small town. We are playing a game here, your forces would force us to start over. Maybe we should start on a coastal city?".
"No I will go around, this ghost town is not important to my work.". Kali was more interested in mass death and played cat and mouse games of her own so was not bothered with her sisters request. She was interested but would sooner or later find out what the pair were up to. She skirted the town and looked, but saw nothing of interest.
After Kali had moved on Lilith turned to Hecate. "Thank you for your help little sister, when you require my help just let me know.". Lilith sensed Hecate leave more then anything else, just a cold emptyness. Lilith pulled her senses back out of the nex-android and shifted her perception to an orbital satalite to watch Kali's forces......
End part three.

Morgana looked at the small egg, it was translucient and she could see something squirming inside. After a final partol she was ready to leave.
"Johan I think we should get moving, many machines are comming this way. Maybe an hour away, hard to tell. You going up or down?".
"Morgana head off code oscar kilo.".
"As you command, my lord.".
Morgana raced through the access tunnels sewers and pipelines. The two grendels waiting for her were only sleightly alarmed when she appeared before them. She used bio-comms to tell the group to move on, Johan has decided to stay on the surface and head to the grotto.
"Morgana what code did Johan give you?". The outrider Gwain asked. His Draco was the reason they had to use these huge pipes. Morgana almost bolted taking a step back, she bumped into the skinjob Rictor.
"Oscar Kilo.". Morgana felt the skinjobs hand on her shoulder.
"Ok people lets move out.". Gwain was almost hoping Morgana gave the kill code, he did not trust her.
"Rictor I see you still do Gwains dirty work.". Morgana said out loud.
"Dont worry Morgana I have your back.". Piped up Bronwen. Browen was the only other member of Morgana's squad still alive. Her and her grendel were sent out to secure the escape route that Morgana had found.
"Good to see a friendly face for a change, or not see it as the case may be". Morgana activated her stealth field and relaxed for the first time in days.
"Morgana, your exahusted, let me carry you so you can get some sleep.". Bronwen let herself and her mount be seen. She felt the tiny woman climb up and laydown on the grendels massive hand and forearm. Bronwen gently closed her mounts hand before moving farther down the pipeline.
After Morgana was asleep Rictor asked Bronwen "Why do you like that thing? You ask me resources should have been used to make a host armor or gorehound.".
Bronwen had to fight the urge to swat the skinjob and pound it into the side of the pipeline they were walking in. Steeling herself "She is more useful and resourceful then you may think. Who do you think found a pipeline big enough for your master? His draco missing a wing would be a nice target up on the surface.".
"Then why did Gwain want her dead, you could see it across his face. And why did she seem ready to run if she did nothing wrong? Seems a bit off if you ask me.". Rictor was sure more was going on, but was not sure what it was. He was like a shark on a scent trail, no matter how hard he tried he could not just let something go. It is what made him a great spy.
"Your like a dog with a bone, let it go.". Bronwen was getting annoyed, it showed in her voice.
"Why should I?". Rictor asked coldly.
"It's my bone.". Bronwen replied a bit louder.
The two came to the drop looking over the edge they both saw Gwain looking up at them. "Will you two shut up?". Growled Gwain before he turned and started carefully down the wall.
"Um, Gwain wait a minute how should I get down and how far down is it?." Rictor did not have rappling gear on him.
"Oh for the love of god!" Said Bronwen grabbing the skinjob around the waist and walking over the edge. Her grendel walked down the wall seeming to not even break stride.
The journey continued in silence.......
End part four.

Sirq sat upon his House DeLong style strider, "Dizzy" was his personal mount. As Sirq looked about the lumbering from of Artur moved through the forest. Biotics were not Sirq's favorite team mates but Artur earned his respect. Sirq knew the passage through the woods needed to be seemlessly, too much at stake to be careless.
Things were going too smoothly, Sirq always hated when things went too smoothly. When Sirq reached the waterfall and saw the two technojackers he knew things had went badly. He recognized the man as Jeffery, Leon's son. He had no idea who the girl was.
Sirq entered the clearing with Artur at this side. The two technojackers stood and greeted them as friends.
"Jeffery, your a long way from home. What brings you into the woods, thought you hated the wilds."
"Not fond of the woods, but we are not that far from home, there are some ruins just over the rise. I have stayed there before, but it is not safe waste crawlers are not my kind of people.".
"so I take it something went wrong, or you would not know we would be here at this time. So much for plans.".
"Yea, worse then you think. Hate to tell you this but the machine tricked my little sister, she told it where you were going. Not sure how much she knew, but assume everything."
Sirq held his anger, killing these two technojackers would not undo the past, but could very well destroy their future. He was suprised when Artur spoke, he had learned the biotic had a keen insight but rarely voiced it.
"Ok Jeffery, you are still alive so tell us the rest now.".
"Well your leader Johan speaks in riddles, I can only guess it is some kind of encrypted code language?" Jeffery smiled smugly.
"Well your smarter then I gave you credit for, now tell me what message you bring in this dark moment.".
"Head to the broken King, code Oscar Kilo. Me and my sister are not to go with you, we have problems of our own, and Good luck to you all.".
"I see, good luck to you, we will not likely meet again." Sirq turned leaving the techno-jacker.
Sirq had a long dangerous trip ahead and was not happy with the news he had just gotten. He lead his group back into the woods........
End part five.
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Thank you!

Yea the militia is a good idea, but a bit too much disloyalty for any of my houses. They would never be given biotech and likely would be cast out or turned into a biotic.
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Maliganok wrote:Hey boxee just had a cool idea for a house or a group of houses based in the desert regions, possibly based on the Arabian mythos.

That could be really cool, have you seen the rifter with the indian house? Great House Shiva in rifters 37 and 38? Very good article, and you can get it from drivethroughRPG cheap.
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Maliganok wrote:
boxee wrote:
Maliganok wrote:Hey boxee just had a cool idea for a house or a group of houses based in the desert regions, possibly based on the Arabian mythos.

That could be really cool, have you seen the rifter with the indian house? Great House Shiva in rifters 37 and 38? Very good article, and you can get it from drivethroughRPG cheap.

No boxee thanks for the heads up. I'll have to look it up. I'll write a full background out for the houses that are central to my campaign and boxee could I use your house for my gsme?

Yes but there is alot more to my house then just the story want the other stuff as well?
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Rappanui wrote:I generally could not run splicers as is, because the Weapon modification rules make no sense...
it seems they intended for supernatural PS to be available to splicers but somehow forgot that splicer ps was mostly useless.

Hummmmmm why would they need it? Most of their weapons are pretty awsome, and mounts have SN stregth to start with I think. If you look again you might see that the weapon rules are not as bad as you think. What in specific did you not like?
Also scarecrows have SN strength as well.
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Rappanui wrote:When it came to Melee mods and Several other mods you needed to buy too many options to get them. for example To Get 2 super lenses you needed to buy 2 glow cells then multiple stages of vision...

Not sure what you mean?

melee enhancements were not clear on which stacked and which did not.
( i had a Pd with a +11d6 melee attack and the reasoning behind it was very flimsy...)

the game was mostly stolen by the Outriders and their mounts always.

It all depends on what kind of game your running, what characters the players have, and many other factors. Yes outriders are powerful, but I dont think they are over powered for the setting. Would love to hear more about your game!
Slight001
Hero

Unread post by Slight001 »

In a straight up fight an outrider dominates.
You basically need to reduce the combat down to 'human' scaling with situations that give advantages to humanoid combatants and detrimental to non-humanoid combatants which in turn requires the GM to be willing to deal with the players complaining about negatives and/or being told that they can't take their mount with them.
"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Maliganok wrote:Boxee heck yea I would appreciate any info you'd like to share.

Ok Ill post what I have in this post it will be more then one reply.

Gremlins-

House DeLong has developed an advanced class of enhanced soldiers specifically designed to sabotage the robots of the machine. They are called Gremlins, they are short three feet tall. They are not mind wiped and retain full intelligence. Gremlins may be male or female and are streile, they cannot reproduce naturally.
Gremlins may be sent on solo long range missions or be part of a unit. Gremlins sneak into supply depots and use their acid nodules to quietly weaken machine supplies. As part of a unit they make excellent pointmen and scouts. Gremlins naturally get along with gorehounds and all warmounts, this may be a side effect of the creation process.
They all have acid blood, chameleon skin, leathery wings(flight), and two acid nodules (usually mounted on the chest so they may be sprayed in a foward arc, or down when they fly over a target.). MDC is PEx5, bio-e is 3d4x10+20. Gains +12 bio-e/level after first level. Gremlins may be awarded extra bio-e as a reward for loyalty or preforming a very deadly mission. All Gremlins at first level develop narcisissism, a strange side effect of their creation process.

alignment: any, generally good or selfish
attribute requirements: none
attribute bonuses:
+1d6 PS
+2d6 speed
occ bonuses:
splicer strength
+1 attack/round
+1 initiative
+1 dodge
+1 strike
+2 to pull punch
+2 vs. poisons/drugs
+10% vs coma/death
+2 vs horror factor

base mdc: PEx5 +1d6/level. bio-regenerates 1d6MDC per melee round, can last ten times longer then normal during strenuous activity before feeling effects of exhaustion, can remain alert three days without sleep.

biological enhancements:
acid blood, bio-comm, chameleon skin, flight appendages (leathery wings).
2 acid nodules.
starting additional bio-e points: 3d4x10+20, +12 bio-e/level.

common skills:
standard (+10%).
occ skill programs:
infanrtyman (+10%)
reconnaissance/scout (+15%)
saboteur (+10)
one skill program of choice (use roughneck skill program list)

elective skills: Gets more skills as per roughneck.
bio-comms (+15%)
wilderness survival (+10%)
three of choice (use roughneck elective skill list)

secondary skills: Gets more skills as per roughneck.
four of choice

Standard Equipment: (keep in mind gremlins are three feet tall.).
Eye Pod
Face Wrap
Slap Patch
MDC utility belt with many pouches to hold small items.
Googles, first aid kit, clothes, sleeping bag, canteen,
two days rations, can be suplimented to last longer in field.
Gunny sack to carry gear on long range missions.
Gremlins start with one hand to hand weapon, one ranged weapon, 10 chigs, 5 migs, and 20 squigs. Gremlins may always draw explosives from house reserves to replace used ordinances.
May add more gear as you play.

Gremlins generally bunk with others of their kind, unless part of a very close unit.
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Name: Morgana
Class: Gremlin
Alignment: unprincipled
Level: eighth
Sex: female
Height: 32"
Weight: 60lbs.

IQ: 20 (+6%)
ME: 12
MA: 16
PS: 23 (+8)
PP: 15
PE: 17 (+5% vs coma/death, +1 vs poison/magic)
PB: 16
Spd.: 33 (22mph)

MDC: 157
bio-regenerates 1d6MDC per melee round
can last ten times longer then normal during strenuous
activity before feeling effects of exhaustion,
can remain alert three days without sleep.

occ bonuses:
splicer strength
+10% vs coma/death
+2 vs horror factor

Combat Bonuses- (not adding bio enhancements)
6 attacks/round
initiative +1
dodge +5
(note: motion detection gives auto-dodge +4)
parry +4
strike +3
roll +5
pull punch +3
disarm +2
critical natural 18-20

Combat manuvers-
punch 1d4
backhand 1d4
karate punch 2d4
body flip/throw 1d6
auto-kick gymnastics 2d4
HTH kick 1d8
karate kick 2d6
axe kick 2d8
roundhouse kick 3d6
knee strike 1d8
jump kick 4d10 (uses all attacks)

starting additional bio-e points: 3d4x10+20, +12 bio-e/level. 214 points.

biological enhancements:
acid blood
bio-comm
chameleon skin
flight appendages (leathery wings 6' wing span)
3 acid nodules (upper chest look like small nubs)
advanced eyes
enhanced sight
antenna
motion detection
cosmetic alteration (acid nodules are concealed)
glow cell (center of chest)
bio-force field
resistance to electricity
stealth field
suction cups and gripping hairs on feet
small claws both hands +1d6+3 to punch damage
spines and blades right arm +6 to punch damage
1d10mdc, range 80', +2 to strike.

Skills- +6%

common skills:
standard (+10%).
basic mathematics: 108%
speak native language: 111%
read/write native language: 100%

occ skill programs:
infanrtyman (+10%)
first aid: 96%
forced march
HTH: expert (WP: paired)
running
WP light bio-weapons
reconnaissance/scout (+15%)
detect ambush: 86%
detect concealment: 81%
intelligence: 81%
land navigation: 85%
prowl: 86%
saboteur (+10)
machine technology: 91%
chemistry: 86%
demolitions: 97%
demolitions disposal: 97%
demolitions underwater: 100%
one skill program of choice (use roughneck skill program list)
bio-technology
bio-comms: 86%
biology: 71%
genetics: 67%
machine lore: 74%
operate bio-equipment: 81%

elective skills:
bio-comms (+15%): 101%
wilderness survival (+10%): 71%
(three of choice (use roughneck elective skill list))
military fortification: 71%
excavation: 66%
masonry: 71%
level four: gymnastics
level eight: kick boxing

secondary skills:
four of choice-
dance: 71%
advanced mathematics: 88%
physical labor
art: 76%
level three: climbing: 86%/76%
level six: athletics-general

Equipment:

Face Wrap

Pod Pistol
Light Cell Laser Pistol
Tentacle Scourge- Spiked Ball on chain
Concussion Baton
Spiked Hammer
Acid Edged Knife

10 chigs
5 migs
20 squigs

Small wooden box filled with 20 spines and blades pulled off and kept.
3 Slap Patches
MDC utility belt with many pouches to hold small items.
first aid kit
clothes
sleeping bag
canteen
two days rations
can be suplimented to last longer in field.
Gunny sack to carry gear on long range missions.
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

This may need some work-

The House DeLong strider is a terror bird. It looks like

phorushacidae, American eagle markings. It is heavier build then the

standard strider and has a stubby tail. The head looks like an eagle

with a powerful beak made to snap off limbs and rip metal like tinfoil.

The feet lose the classic scythe and have small claws.

Class: Rapid Strike War Mount.
Crew: One rider.
M.D.C. by Location:
• Heat Cannon 3d4x10+20
• Casting Launchers 1d6x10+10 each
• Legs (2) - 220 each
• Hands and arms- 2d6x10+10 each
• Head-180**
• Main Body – 320***
• Rider's War Saddle - 100

* A single asterisk indicates a small, low profile, or shielded target

that is difficult to hit. An attacker must aim and make a "Called Shot"

to hit such targets, and even then is -3 to strike.
** Destroying the head will eliminate all optics and sensory systems,

reduces the maximum speed, the number of melee at-tacks and all bonuses

by half.
*** Depleting the M.D.C. of the main body kills the War Mount.

Speed:
Running: 330 mph (528 km) maximum, but normal cruising speed is only

120 mph (193 km). The mount can reach speeds of 420 mph (672 km), but

only for short bursts of 2D4 melee rounds, after which it must drop to

cruising speed for the next 2D6 minutes or pull up lame. Note: The War

Mount can run all day at cruising speed without fatigue, but can only

maintain maximum speed for 1D4 hours at a stretch, with an hour of rest

or walking in between each full speed run.
Leaping: The mount can leap up to 80 feet (24.4 m) high or across from

a standing position, an additional 50% that distance with a short

running start, and double running at full speed.
Digging: 10 mph (16 km) through sand or dirt, but half as fast through

clay, rock or stone. Digging does not tire the War Mount and it can dig

a hole deep enough to adequately hide in one minute.
Swimming: not a great swimmer but can swim as fast as a human.
Flying: Not possible.

Statistical Data:
Height: 10 feet
Width: 4 feet
Length: 9 feet
Weight: 1000-1200 lbs.
Cargo: 800 lbs can be carried on its back, but it can pull up to 2600

lbs, but any weight over 1000 lbs reduces the Strider's maximum speed

by half.
Physical Strength: 1D4+30 (Supernatural P.S.).
Production Cycle: One year gestation, plus one and half years growth

time.
Operational Lifetime: 55 year life span.
Trade Value: 3-4 million credits for a healthy, undamaged unit.
Bio-Regeneration Rate: 4D6 M.D.C. per hour for the main body and ID8

M.D.C. per hour for all other locations. The War Mount cannot regrow

severed limbs or destroyed weapon systems (reduced to zero or less),

there must be at least two M.D.C. points remaining to regenerate lost

limbs, and such extensive re-generation takes 1D6+6 days.
Heat Resistance.
Horror Factor: 8 against humans not with the Resistance, none against

robots.
Senses & Features: Standard for War Mounts.
Feeding: The Strider is a carnivore eats 50lbs of carrion/meat a day.
Sleep Requirements: As an artificial organism, the War Mount requires

only four hours of sleep/rest per day.

Other Data:
An unmanned Terror bird is able to function independent of a rider

using its animal-like intelligence and instincts to respond to any

given situation. Terror birds like humans and accept them as a member

of the flock.
The animal recognizes robots as a dangerous enemy.
War Mount Attributes: I.Q. 1D4+6 (medium to high animal intelligence),

M.E. 1D6+7, M.A. 1D8+8, P.S. 30+1d4 (Supernatural P.S.), P.P. 1D8+8,

P.E. 1D8+ 18, P.B. 2D6, Spd. (see Speed above).
Number of Attacks Per Melee: 4
Combat Bonuses: +3 on initiative, +2 to strike with ranged attacks, +3

to strike in hand to hand combat, +3 to parry, +4 to dodge, +1 to pull

punch, +2 to roll with punch, fall or impact, +2 to disarm, +5 to save

vs. mind control attacks and the War Mount is totally immune to Horror

Factor (and possession).
Equivalent (instinctive) Skills of Note: Climb 80%/60%, Hunting 80%,

Land Navigation 90%, Pick Pockets 50%, Prowl 50%, and understands

languages (3) at 80%. Recognizes robots and machines as enemies to be

avoided.

Weapon systems are as follows-
Heat Projector Cannon center of chest fires foward.
Damage: 1d8x10+10 MDC.
Maximum Range: 1800'
Payload: unlimited.

Casting Launchers on each shoulder linked can fire one or both at same

target as one attack. Casting launchers are about one foot long.
Damage:3d8 MDC per single shot, four round burst 1d8x10 MDC.
Range: 1400'
Bonus +1 to hit on aimed shots.
Payload: 60 rounds/gun.

Spinnerets and webbing on both forearms allow more combat options.

Combat Capabilities:
Has full arms and hands with small claws that are fully articulated.
Bite: 7d6 mdc
clawed hands and feet: 4d6+3 mdc
Head butt 1d4 mdc
Restrained strike 5d6 SDC
Body Block/Ram: 4D6 M.D. and has a 01-50% chance of knocking an

opponent as large as 12 feet (3.6 m) tall off his feet. If knocked down

the victim loses initiative and two melee attacks/actions. This attack

counts as two of the War Mount's melee attacks.
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Again this one may need work-

Mosquitoes- stealth fighter.
(at this point use zephyr stats if not listed below, feedback please).
Warmount-
The Mosquitoes bridge the gap between wingpack and war mount. The mosquito looks like a wasp from hell, when it can be seen at all. Its heavy frame allows for high speed rams. The mouth has huge saber-like vampire fangs. Four foward facing insect limbs with sharp scyth-like blades tear into the enemy. It uses a pair of tentacles on its underside grab enemies and can throw them or drop them from great heights. The other weapons it has are hard to notice at all.
This is a smaller cousin to the zephyr. The rider slips onto a specialized saddle that leaves the head and back vulnerable. The rider is in a position similiar to riding a bullet bike. This is stealth fighter and the rider must have chameleon skin and stealth field.

Feeding: Vampiric, drinks 3-6 pints of blood per day.

Alignment: Unprincipled, desires to have a master. Will come to the aid of humans, especially children. This is programmed behavior. Never drink human blood.

Speed-
Flight via waspish wings: maximum is 300mph. can only maintain this speed for 3 hours, cruising speed is 100mph. and can be done all day long. Maximum altitude: 15,000ft.
Running: 25mph. even upside down, very agile.
Swimming: 10mph. maximum depth: 800ft. swimming is akward but can be done in extreme circumstances.

Features standard warmount plus: suction cups and gripping hairs, 4 antenna.

Height: 4ft to top of shoulder.
Width: 4ft at widest point.
Length: 7-9ft long
Weight: 600-800 pounds.

Additional limbs, enhanced arms and hands-
2 pair of foward facing insect limbs able to slice and grapple.
a pair of tentacles are coiled on the underbody.

MDC by Location-
Trageting the pilot takes a -5 penalty to hit, the war saddle adds protection making the pilot a difficult target.
main body- 230
forelimbs- 107(4)
legs- 107(4)
tentacles- 47(2)
head- 67
saddle- 107
wings- 107(4)

Defenses:
acid blood
chameleon skin
reinforced exoskeleton
stealth field

Attacks:
reinforced exoskeleton adds damage to combat attacks-
bite-saber like vampire fangs: 1d6+4d8
punch- 2d6+2d6
kick- 2d6+2d6
head butt- 1d4+1d6
ram- 4d8+3d6
4 foward facing insect limbs able to slice and grapple- 2d6+2d6 each
2 tentacles on bottom to grapple- 2d6
Ranged Attacks:
8 acid nodules facing downward- 2d8 single for 1d8 rounds
pair of casting throwers (casting guns) over the mounts shoulders can fire singly or paired.
1d8 single shot, 3d8 burst range: 1200ft each.
pair bio energy explusion vents over the mounts shoulders can fire singly or paired.
2d8+PE of the pilot range: 1800ft., 900ft underwater. each.
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

House DeLong uses alot of grendels so these are used-

Brindle Stormgun-
This weapon is made for the grendel warmounts of House DeLong. It is an over/under weapon style. The upper bore rifle has good range (2000') and the mega upgrade gives it decent damage. The electro-pulse gun can be used to take out sensors and some robotic systems. This weapon was developed to fight heavy combat at longer range then the grendel normaly fights at.
Top weapon is a mega-bore rifle (double damage).
Mega-damage: 2d10 per grub, and 2d10 for the next 1d4 melee rounds after it hits. +2 to hit on called shots only. Rate of fire is one grub per shot.
Range: 2000ft.
Payload: 18 mega grub rounds. Takes 3d6 minutes to replace each mega grub, Takes 1d4 hours to regrow its entire payload.
Under weapon is an electro-pulse gun. (page 134).
The Brindle Stormgun is double the size of a standard weapon and is awkard for anyone under ten foot tall. Anyone under ten feet tall gets a -3 on all shots and will have a hard time carrying this weapon around. It is designed for a grendel sized warmount.
Weight: 50lbs.

Bilar Heavy Assault Weapon-
This weapon is made for the grendel warmounts of House DeLong. It is an over/under weapon style. The upper weapon is light cell laser rifle has an unlimited payload. Variable weapon settings and decent range make this a solid weapon on its own. The under barrel weapon is a bio-rocket slinger with double the normal payload, 16 organic rockets it takes 2d4 hours to regrow spent rockets. The rockets can fire one, two, or four rockets at a time.
The Bilar Heavy Assault Weapon is double the size of a standard weapon and is awkard for anyone under ten foot tall. Anyone under ten feet tall gets a -3 on all shots and will have a hard time carrying this weapon around. It is designed for a grendel sized warmount.
Weight: 125lbs.

These weapon systems come in handy when the outrider is using a borrowed mount or when his personal mount has been killed in combat and he has to use a basic model. These weapon systems are a bit big for the average host armor, but can be used in a jam.
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Maliganok wrote:Sound great boxeeI appreciate all of the info and time you spent writing this out. I was wondering since most engineers dont like to alter humans or most other lifeforms as statedby the rulebook, how does house DeLong's engineers feel about Gremlins- to quote your post(House DeLong has developed an advanced class of enhanced soldiers specifically designed to sabotage the robots of the machine. They are called Gremlins, they are short three feet tall. They are not mind wiped (do they start of human?) and retain full intelligence. Gremlins may be male or female and are streile, they cannot reproduce naturally.) I would surmise other houses have an issue with this type of bio-spilcing. Just a question.

Different houses have different points of view, wildly different points of view. House DeLong has very little contact with other houses. House DeLong has no problem enhancing its members, and is not opposed to altering other lifeforms. If humans did not alter dogs into gorehounds it is likely humans would have died out long ago. Other houses alter humans and other lifeforms all the time, how else would you have warmounts and host armors?

Return to “Splicers®”