robo-biotics?

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

abe
Hero

robo-biotics?

Unread post by abe »

what would happen if the machine tried to copy the shape of biotics?
the machine would probably duplicate the shape of the scariest biotics it can of course, but what do you think would happen?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
krispy
Hero
Comment: Luck favors the prepared

Re: robo-biotics?

Unread post by krispy »

i have honestly never thought of it.

for some reason im inclined think it may increase the odds of the machine being discovered as an infiltrator if the imitate a Biotic.

a normal human is keeping it simple...maybe too much can go wrong if they impersonate a Biotic
connecting the dots
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

From the report of Althos Shadowfoot, Deliveryman;

"....my Warlords, as per the mission I accepted, I now report of a disturbing new weapon in the Machine's growing arsenal, currently in development at the co-ordinates attached to this message.
"I have witnessed much since my own coming-of-age, my induction into the Deliveryman Corps for the Resistance, and my travels across the landscape of our often-changing world. Whether this is the result of one, or any combination of the fragmented personae of N.E.X.U.S., I cannot say. What I have discovered chills me to the very marrow of my own bones.
"The Machine has begun field-testing a version of the non-combatant Nex-Android basic models, now designed with an outer shell or covering that mimics some of our most gruesome-looking Biotic soldiers, perhaps in some small effort to demoralize the Resistance's forces. While observing them from as close a position as possible without being detected, they do resemble the first Biotic efforts made by the Resistance....some are malformed, misshapen, often with one limb shrunken down to near-uselessness or enlarged beyond functionality....I am reminded of the stories I was told as an adolescent in my creche by our care-giver, of horrible misshaped creatures called 'For-more-eez'...forgive me, I went off-track.
"From what I have seen, the process of copying or even sculpting the Biotic shell or covering using synthetics is flawed, but with two out of every fourteen units, total of only one hundred at the testing area noted, the Machine seems to be rapidly improving this design.
I urge the Resistance to set aside any trivial matters and investigate this further.
"
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

what types of biotics would the machine try to duplicate?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

I would say it would start out on general, obvious physical features that most Biotic share (see the illustration on pg. 146 of the main book) then it would try to copy less common features that reveal themselves in the field-units (non-functional spines, dewclaws, ect.). These would be explained as 'random mutations' by the infiltrating unit(s). The goal is to appear as less like a machine as The Machine itself can conceptualize, working from the various files it has on both non-Spliced humans and the forces of the Resistance.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

on a related note: what about power armor as a duplicated item? (you know for the neo-androids to wear if they have to go into combat themselves)
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

the machine could alter the robo-biotics at any time to duplicate the effects of bio-e enhacments.
howdey folks!!!!!!!!

Return to “Splicers®”