Rifter Subscription and Splicers

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Rifter Subscription and Splicers

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

So, with the Rifter Super Subscription special, one of the free gifts you can receive is the Splicers RPG. I HIGHLY recommend that fans of Splicers pick up the subscription since that is a great avenue of new Splicers material for the fan community, and also choose the Splicers RPG for yourself or another gamer. Spread the word. THE SPLICE MUST FLOW.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
boxee
Hero

Re: Rifter Subscription and Splicers

Unread post by boxee »

Was thinking of getting it just for that, then I can give it to a friend.
Slight001
Hero

Unread post by Slight001 »

If it was a new edition I would get it...
"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."
The Galactus Kid

I understand, Slight. One day there may be a new edition, but in the meantime I'll be giving a copy to fellow gamers or using it as a convention giveaway.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Honestly if they can get some more source books out for splicers doing a rerelease of the main book maybe with a new cover painting it could go a long way to relaunching splicers. I think the original cover while I myself enjoy it may be two much 50s B movie feel to really draw peoples attentions to it.
Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

kaid wrote:Honestly if they can get some more source books out for splicers doing a rerelease of the main book maybe with a new cover painting it could go a long way to relaunching splicers. I think the original cover while I myself enjoy it may be two much 50s B movie feel to really draw peoples attentions to it.

Kaid, almost word for word verbatim, check this out;

Per RIFTER #65, page 7:
" The world of Splices to grow
Splicers is a unique setting that pits man and organic technology against machines led by an insane artificial intelligence that believes she s a god. Several gods,actually. We suspect Splicers is overlooked by some for two reasons: A retro-looking cover that does not accurately depict the macabre and fascinating world setting nor Bio-Armor and robotic enemy, and the lack of sourcebooks. That is about to change.

Splicers has developed a cult like following of dedicated fans demanding more, including several influential Palladium creators. Creators who are developing no fewer than six source books for the game line. Stay tuned.

We are being heard... Please, Let us ALL continue the momentum and demand. I, among others will be continuing to do our part on the inside and then some as well.

THE SPLICE WILL FLOW!!!!!
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Guy_LeDouche »

Premier wrote: Per RIFTER #65, page 7:
Splicers is a unique setting that pits man and organic technology against machines led by an insane artificial intelligence that believes she s a god. Several gods,actually. We suspect Splicers is overlooked by some for two reasons: A retro-looking cover that does not accurately depict the macabre and fascinating world setting nor Bio-Armor and robotic enemy, and the lack of sourcebooks. That is about to change.

Splicers has developed a cult like following of dedicated fans demanding more, including several influential Palladium creators. Creators who are developing no fewer than six source books for the game line. Stay tuned.

We are being heard... Please, Let us ALL continue the momentum and demand. I, among others will be continuing to do our part on the inside and then some as well.

VERY cool; just as I was getting ready to write Splicers off. Ask Krispy, we were just talking last night about my frustrations with PB, Splicers being a "dead" game, all sorts of stuff. This has me grinning ear to ear.
Fairy tales begin with "Once upon a time". Southern fairy tales begin with "Y'all ain't gonna believe this s**t!!"

XBL Gamertag: Guy L3D0uch3

If Keanu Reeves had played Thulsa Doom, he would have told Conan to contemplate on the Tree of Whoa..
The Galactus Kid

Guy_LeDouche wrote:

VERY cool; just as I was getting ready to write Splicers off. Ask Krispy, we were just talking last night about my frustrations with PB, Splicers being a "dead" game, all sorts of stuff. This has me grinning ear to ear.

I'll be trying to set something up for all of us to chat sometime this week, Guy. Now that my other projects are done, the one we are working on is locked and loaded.

kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Ah yes that sounds right. I am not saying the current cover art is bad as a painting I think its pretty good. But it really feels more 50s B movie buck rogers than bio organic crazyness that all the interior art captures so well.

The few people I managed to talk into looking into splicers have all really enjoyed it most really enjoy that pretty much all the characters have gear that is upgradeable and personalized to them and what they want it to do. So every character even two or more playing the same OCC wind up playing pretty differently depending what options they chose.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Guy_LeDouche wrote:

I sympathize with your frustration, and I am hoping that this is the year that we see official publication(s) of the Splice. PB has the script that Slappy & I produced which can be strategically spliced into several books, and there is a boatload of completed art to shorten production time. I do belie PB is seeing that us Spliceheads and the game itself has its demand that warrants more support.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

kaid wrote:Ah yes that sounds right. I am not saying the current cover art is bad as a painting I think its pretty good. But it really feels more 50s B movie buck rogers than bio organic crazyness that all the interior art captures so well.

The few people I managed to talk into looking into splicers have all really enjoyed it most really enjoy that pretty much all the characters have gear that is upgradeable and personalized to them and what they want it to do. So every character even two or more playing the same OCC wind up playing pretty differently depending what options they chose.

I totally agree with everything you mentioned. I so love the customization of Splicers OCCs and man... fear the player group that is loaded with Packmasters, :lol: .
The Galactus Kid

Premier wrote:fear the player group that is loaded with Packmasters, :lol: .

Listen to this man. He is serious.

Return to “Splicers®”