Who can help me flesh out an idea

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Who can help me flesh out an idea

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

I have an idea for a (I don't know what to call it) Host Armor or New O.C.C. The char has 3 main abilities. 1.) Dna is stolen from bio-tech creations and other living organisms (think corporate espionage). 2.) Using the stolen Dna of the p pilot the pc can temporarily pilot someone elses biotech armor. 3.) A retro-virus is injected into host armor pilots to screw up their dna (not to cause direct harm) so the host armor rejects/doesn't recognize them.

Who is the best to help me figure out the best way to put this together. Guy LeDouche? Slappy? Premier?

I'm open to suggestions.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
boxee
Hero

Re: Who can help me flesh out an idea

Unread post by boxee »

Hummm seems familiar somehow, might want to look at the rifter articles buddy.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

I don't have all the rifters. any one in particular I should look at?

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

rifter 50 has the geneticist, which covers some of this ground, sort of... but on a much longer time scale than i believe you intend.

but as far as an OCC capable of hijacking someone else's host armour, i can't think of anything.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

I'll have to look up the geneticist and see what it does. The idea I had was of the pc running around swarming in tentacles (long thin ones with sharp ends, not fat ones like a saint) stabbing every living thing within reach, taking genetic "core samples" and enjecting rival house soldiers with the virus so their host armor rejects them. useful for getting new material back to your hosue and weakening a rivals forces.

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Guy_LeDouche »

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:Who is the best to help me figure out the best way to put this together. Guy LeDouche? Slappy? Premier?

I'm open to suggestions.

SWEET!! Here's my initial thoughts:

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:Host Armor or New O.C.C.

I say new OCC. Based on the brief description, I'd picture this as some sort of infiltrator. Following that route, the character would need to look as plain and ordinary as possible. The less attention drawn to themselves, the better. The tentacles or other delivery system could be discreetly hidden somewhere (finger tips, wrist, fangs,) and extended as needed.

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:Using the stolen Dna of the p pilot the pc can temporarily pilot someone elses biotech armor.

Cool, I like it.

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:A retro-virus is injected into host armor pilots to screw up their dna (not to cause direct harm) so the host armor rejects/doesn't recognize them.

Even cooler. There's a lot of room for all sorts of nastiness. For example, at low levels, it causes the Host Armor to be sluggish, unresponsive, and ultimately useless to the pilot. As the character increases in level, they could customize the virus to cause weapons to misfire, target friendly units (despite the pilot aiming otherwise), make the Armor go haywire and ignore all commands, running amuck around the battlefield, all sorts of chaos.

My one suggestions for this ability would be that it be temporary in effect. Completely killing or overriding the Host Armor may make this OCC a bit too powerful. Game wise, I would think that the Host Armor's immune system would reject the virus fairly quickly.

Keep it coming, we'll hammer this thing out pretty quick.
Fairy tales begin with "Once upon a time". Southern fairy tales begin with "Y'all ain't gonna believe this s**t!!"

XBL Gamertag: Guy L3D0uch3

If Keanu Reeves had played Thulsa Doom, he would have told Conan to contemplate on the Tree of Whoa..
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:A retro-virus is injected into host armor pilots to screw up their dna (not to cause direct harm) so the host armor rejects/doesn't recognize them.

Guy_LeDouche wrote:Even cooler. There's a lot of room for all sorts of nastiness. For example, at low levels, it causes the Host Armor to be sluggish, unresponsive, and ultimately useless to the pilot. As the character increases in level, they could customize the virus to cause weapons to misfire, target friendly units (despite the pilot aiming otherwise), make the Armor go haywire and ignore all commands, running amuck around the battlefield, all sorts of chaos.

My one suggestions for this ability would be that it be temporary in effect. Completely killing or overriding the Host Armor may make this OCC a bit too powerful. Game wise, I would think that the Host Armor's immune system would reject the virus fairly quickly.

Keep it coming, we'll hammer this thing out pretty quick.

An infiltrator bent.. Hmm interesting take. The idea that just popped into my head is a stealthy bio-ninja type sneaking into camp or a rival house and taking samples of every which thing that caught it's fancy. I do see it (now thanks to your idea) as sleek fast and sneaky, but using some of the tentacles for locomotion like a nightmare version of Dr. Octopus.

The idea for the virus is that it doesn't infect the host armor /warmount /etc. It infects the bonded pilot, causing a temporary rejection so that the bonded unit doesn't recognize/work for its owner. Along the same set of attacks that infects the pilot, a gene sample is also taken. This allows for the hijackers bioware to cover him in a special short lived "wonder-snot" that allows them to use the the host armor/warmount/etc long enough to cause problems -

(That dread guard sexually assaulted my dog and fed my wife to his armor!! We have witnesses, we demand justice!!) -

or bring it back home for a librarian/engineer version of a biologic chop shop.

(Hey what do you got for us this week Jimmy? Well, it took some doing, but I managed to snag a sweet archangel flight pack. Not only did I have to jump off a cliff to tag him in mid air, but it took me 3 days crossing one nasty nature preserve to track it down. When I found the poor son of a necroborg, he was holed up in his tent with a bad case of the shakes and what looked like a doozy of a fever. I guess the virus hits some folks harder than others. I almost felt bad leaving the poor chump without his wings...almost. So what'll you give me for it?)

But piloting the stolen bioware is def not a permanent ability. It should eventually stop recognizing the thief in about the same time as it takes the original owner to kick the dna sickness.

As for looking as inconspicuous as possible.. is it possible to have a set of host armor that grows around you, rather than one you step into? Sort of the way the armor in Iron Man 2 all grew out of the little briefcase sized deal? NOT A CONVERSION..Just a visual reference

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Might also want to think how the player would react to this, sounds like it would be the GM slapping around your character.

Return to “Splicers®”