Splicer Earth

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Splicer Earth

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

Hey Guys,

One of the players in my new game will be from Splicers Earth so I was going through the dimension book making sure what works where and how and thought to myself...

"Hey, he is always telling me to talk to the guys on the Splicers forum because they're cool!"

So I was wondering if anyone had already stated out the Splicer's Dimension so I wouldn't have to bother? :P

I rolled the dimensional matrix but that was as far as I got before I thought of hitting you guys up. You can see what I am talking about here. The rules for dimension building are in Dimension Book 7 if anyone was curious. Its easy as heck but I was hoping to find out if there was something with a semi-official capacity before I put any real hard work into it.

I'd also like to know if there are any cool Splicers Landscape images and if so where? :)

Thank you!
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Re: Splicer Earth

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

As far as being rolled up using those rules in DB: 7, I'm not sure if that has ever been done. I will say that the rules for characters from other settings and taking a splicers character into other dimensions is covered in the main book. Now that you've brought this up, I'm intrigued.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Yeah, if I recall, it mentions in the back of the Splicer's book what happens when taking PC's from Splicers to other realms and vice versa. It will be interesting to see what you come up with.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
darkguyver
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: I have writing disability so if need me retype please let me known thank for read and posting please be respectful

Unread post by darkguyver »

No need to quote that much text in a single go. A sentence here and there to back up a point is fine but not several successive paragraphs Jefffar.
Image/Image

Megaversal Ambassador®
Razorwing
Hero

Unread post by Razorwing »

In all honesty, I would think that the bio-regenerative powers of most supernatural and creatures of magic would make them immune to the nano-bot plague for the same reason that it makes it impossible to implant them with bionics/cybernetics. In the case of the nano-bots, they are agressively attacked by their immune systems rather than the forced rejection seen with bionics/cybernetics.

Those few supernatural and creatures of magic that can get cybernetic systems (Broodkil and gargoyles for example) would be affected by the plague as normal.

Likewise, full conversion 'borgs I would see as being more or less immune too as they are effectively robot bodies with minimal organic systems (mostly just a brain). There is just too little organic matter left in these borgs to produce much of an effect, and that what there is is usually heavily shielded/contained.
There are three types of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.
darkguyver
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: I have writing disability so if need me retype please let me known thank for read and posting please be respectful

Unread post by darkguyver »

Razorwing wrote:Likewise, full conversion 'borgs I would see as being more or less immune too as they are effectively robot bodies with minimal organic systems (mostly just a brain). There is just too little organic matter left in these borgs to produce much of an effect, and that what there is is usually heavily shielded/contained.

Like this unless it air tight which won't if brain would be torn to pieces do to plage
Image/Image

Megaversal Ambassador®
Razorwing
Hero

Unread post by Razorwing »

I'm just saying that in a lot of cases, a full conversion Borg will have so little of their original organic parts and what parts they do have will be burried so deep within their mechanical bodies that the chances of the nanobot plague affecting them is vitually non-existant. Of course, trying to get someone to fix anything that goes wrong with them will be a bit of a problem as no one can touch them without triggering the plague, but that's a different kettle of fish entirely.
There are three types of people in the world; those who can count and those who can't.
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

To be totally honest there is really no problem with bringing any splicer character into any other setting. If going to an SDC setting just convert to SDC as usual, ie if it is MDC it is now SDC, simple.
The classes in splicers as written are balanced as long as the player uses the splicers book to write up the character. Only real problem is when players try to mix settings to make over powered characters, and you are smart enough to just tell them no.
One minor problem might be levelling up they get bio-e as they level for enhancements. You could find some way to let them do this or talk to them before hand and figure something out.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Razorwing wrote:I'm just saying that in a lot of cases, a full conversion Borg will have so little of their original organic parts and what parts they do have will be burried so deep within their mechanical bodies that the chances of the nanobot plague affecting them is vitually non-existant. Of course, trying to get someone to fix anything that goes wrong with them will be a bit of a problem as no one can touch them without triggering the plague, but that's a different kettle of fish entirely.

that's basically what the rules for bringing in characters from other settings says, anyways, so yes. that is what happens :P

of course, if their case is ever cracked, they're screwed... but then again, it's not like having your brain exposed to the open elements is exactly a wonderful thing even without the nanoplague.

Return to “Splicers®”