Splicers campaign

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Solarius
D-Bee

Splicers campaign

Unread post by Solarius »

anyone interested in joining a pbp game I have running and could use a player or two
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Re: Splicers campaign

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I'd be interested in reading it, but i probably can't swing a pbp
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

Might be a good idea to wet people's appetites slightly with what it may be about.
Solarius
D-Bee

here's the link to the gamehttp://www.palladiumknights.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=151 and so far the characters have completed a mission to collect dna so the outrider could earn himself a zephyr. The history and rest is there as well :}
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Solarius wrote:here's the link to the gamehttp://www.palladiumknights.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=151 and so far the characters have completed a mission to collect dna so the outrider could earn himself a zephyr. The history and rest is there as well :}

That was a good read and well played mini! Everyone (IMHO) played their roles well and I enjoyed it very much wishing there was more.
Solarius
D-Bee

thanks I know i'm not the best gm but am enjoying the game i just need stable players as i've lost two.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Solarius wrote:thanks I know i'm not the best gm but am enjoying the game i just need stable players as i've lost two.

You did very good to me. If you need a hand with ideas, please feel free to shoot me a PM. I enjoy concocting ideas and giving out food for thought when it comes to Splicers.

Hate to hear you lost two, might I ask which two?
Solarius
D-Bee

lost my gardener and roughneck and I might have to take you up on the idea generating. I really appreciate the offer
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

there is also a thread around here somewhere called "101 adventure hooks" or some such thing... it actually only got up to about 60 as i recall, but that's still quite a few, and it's available at a moment's notice in case you need one in the middle of a session or something :)
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Solarius wrote:lost my gardener and roughneck and I might have to take you up on the idea generating. I really appreciate the offer

Sigh... Sorry to hear about the 2 loses but I think we can get you back up to speed with more recruits. Spliceheads here on the the forums are a pretty good support. On the idea generating,Shark Force definitely pointed to the right thread, 101 Splicers Adventure Ideas

Being that you are conducting an open board campaign(meaning that some of the new recruits may have read the 101 adventures and other material) I can easily help you in undisclosed ideas as well as offer some new ones off the top. Will have to do it via PM (if your interested) to keep it spicy for them. Maybe even some play testing of a few things... hmmm
While you sleep, I scheme. ;)

1. How soon are you looking to get your campaign back up and running?

2. How many more players are you looking to get (minimum and maximum)?

3. BTW, Is there anyone debating if they would like to join?
(please feel free to voice your interests below)
Solarius
D-Bee

I have 3 players at the moment and I've started it back up after a player was out sick. they are a pack master, metamorph and an outrider. minimum i would hope is 4 and max is 6 maybe 7. I've gm'd a few games and although i'm not great i can keep a story going generally.

Vakim a roughneck or dread guard is fine. I have a npc dread guard helping at times but those HA's can be so radically different its good to have one or more
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Vakim wrote:I would probably be able to hop in. Thinking roughneck or dreadguard

WOW! Thank You kindly for posting and I hope you can hop in. Great choices for O.C.C.s and I would be curious what you would conjure up. I guess I will have to watch and see what happens. :D
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Solarius wrote:I have 3 players at the moment and I've started it back up after a player was out sick. they are a pack master, metamorph and an outrider. minimum i would hope is 4 and max is 6 maybe 7. I've gm'd a few games and although i'm not great i can keep a story going generally.

Vakim a roughneck or dread guard is fine. I have a npc dread guard helping at times but those HA's can be so radically different its good to have one or more

Looks like the Havoc Squad is going to have some fun. I really dig the cast thus far and their customizations. Can't wait to see what the Zephyr turns out with. I will be watching!!!
Last edited by Premier on Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Vakim wrote:In the process of making a roughneck. Forgot how long it can take to make them so many choices so little Bio-E.

Yeah, Splicers character generation can be comprehensive, but It also makes it sort of fun when building a Host Armor. Really gives a sense of ownership for such an investment of time, thought and creativity (imho).

Out if curiousity does parasitic metabolism eat SDC first or does it just eat straight from HPs?

Parasitic Metabolism:
Feeding: The Host Armor consumes 2D4 of the pilot's Hit Points each day without feeding at all, before feeling the effects of starvation. (It begins feeding the moment the suit is put on.)

Penalties: Reduce S.D.C (or Hit points if there is no S.D.C. left) by 1D6 points per year. This loss is irreversible and cannot be regenerated or healed in any way, even by a Saint, magic or psionics.

This was clarified when a Demos606 asked Carmen which comes first (SDC or HP)
in this thread

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:47 am Post subject:
carmen, is the damage the wearer of parasitic host armor takes HP\SDC damage or is it direct to HP?
Carmen’s response:

Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:19 am Post subject:
Comes off his SDC first.

Special Note: It is the long term loss that can’t be recovered or healed by a Saint. So choosing a Parasitic Metabolism is a good idea, great idea if you have a nice PE.
The Galactus Kid

I have read that thread regarding the Parasitic damage coming off SDC first, but we play it as written, coming off of the HP because it makes it more extreme. The suit is eating you. It shouldn't be the same as a rug burn.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

Premier

Unread post by Premier »

The Galactus Kid wrote:I have read that thread regarding the Parasitic damage coming off SDC first, but we play it as written, coming off of the HP because it makes it more extreme. The suit is eating you. It shouldn't be the same as a rug burn.

Hey GK, As written it states that the Parasite Host Armor
first devours all the waste materials from the body, including urine, feces, dead skin cells and body hair. Once the Host Armor has consumed all waste materials, it slowly feeds upon the pilot's skin, gently eating it away, bit by bit. The process is not painful but very telling. A sure sign of a Dreadguard with a parasitic suit is a totally bald man/woman, with no eyebrows or facial hair and pink, raw tinge to the skin.

This indicates that before the pilot is even touched that the waste materials are consumed. Along with body hair if the character has any. Then the the suit "slowly" devours the skin. This process isn't painful at all. Its not like a pound of flesh is being sacrificed each time you use the suit. So it actually might be more likened to that of a rug burn versus any extreme loss , based on how it is written. This type of feeding sounds more like minor S.D.C. loss before the overall escalation of ill effects that might be likened to a sickness or reduction in immune system/regeneration (flu, cold, sore throat, ammonia, etc.) which would be similar to losing Hit Points (imho).

I know if I was a Parasitic pilot, I would grow my hair, beard, mustache and even under arm and groin hair out, braiding my head hair when not inside the suit. The first thing I would do was eat a hefty meal and water before entering into my HA. Then I would simply relieve myself instantly. This could keep the suit healthy, functional and off of my skin for the beginning part of the feeding process. Whenever there was a down time in the field, I would eat and drink so that I could relieve again. That's the strategy I would try to employ. It may not be the most hygienic or popular, but I know my suit and I would be good to go in combat or other ops far longer per par versus other metabolisms, outside of maybe a Lithovore.
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

Premier wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:I have read that thread regarding the Parasitic damage coming off SDC first, but we play it as written, coming off of the HP because it makes it more extreme. The suit is eating you. It shouldn't be the same as a rug burn.

first devours all the waste materials from the body, including urine, feces, dead skin cells and body hair. Once the Host Armor has consumed all waste materials, it slowly feeds upon the pilot's skin, gently eating it away, bit by bit. The process is not painful but very telling. A sure sign of a Dreadguard with a parasitic suit is a totally bald man/woman, with no eyebrows or facial hair and pink, raw tinge to the skin.

This indicates that before the pilot is even touched that the waste materials are consumed. Along with body hair if the character has any. Then the the suit "slowly" devours the skin. This process isn't painful at all. Its not like a pound of flesh is being sacrificed each time you use the suit. So it actually might be more likened to that of a rug burn versus any extreme loss , based on how it is written. This type of feeding sounds more like minor S.D.C. loss before the overall escalation of ill effects that might be likened to a sickness or reduction in immune system/regeneration (flu, cold, sore throat, ammonia, etc.) which would be similar to losing Hit Points (imho).

I know if I was a Parasitic pilot, I would grow my hair, beard, mustache and even under arm and groin hair out, braiding my head hair when not inside the suit. The first thing I would do was eat a hefty meal and water before entering into my HA. Then I would simply relieve myself instantly. This could keep the suit healthy, functional and off of my skin for the beginning part of the feeding process. Whenever there was a down time in the field, I would eat and drink so that I could relieve again. That's the strategy I would try to employ. It may not be the most hygienic or popular, but I know my suit and I would be good to go in combat or other ops far longer per par versus other metabolisms, outside of maybe a Lithovore.

Is there some reason it has to be YOUR excrement?

Just shovel in the content of the local outhouse to keep your HA fed.

--flatline
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

flatline wrote:
Premier wrote:

Is there some reason it has to be YOUR excrement?

Just shovel in the content of the local outhouse to keep your HA fed.

--flatline

I don't know what is more disturbing the fact that you suggested this or the fact that I was also pondering the same question as a solution :lol:

Certainly it could be a feasible means of fueling a Host Armor, particularly a Parasitic one. The biotechnology already exist via casting cannons, etc. Just mount an armored bio-shell backpack filled with biomaterial waste and link it to the HA feeding port(s), and your good to go, maybe a little stinky but good to go none-the-less.

The only thing I have concluded however, besides balancing game mechanics which appears that all HAs require something that can also instill reasonable restrictions, is that perhaps bio waste alone is not enough to fully sustain a Parasitic HA. Maybe there are still other required minerals and vitamins that are consumed that aren't in waste. This nutrition is the body hair, the skin cells, etc. All these aspects actually are things that humans grow & regenerate. So maybe there is some nutritional supplements provided in them that isn't in waste. That is also why I assume the Behemoth is still a Herbivore metabolism even though it is hardwired with 6 casting gun cannons. There are still minerals that it needs to fully function that waste alone, simply doesn't contain.

I also added the idea that maybe the slow feeding consumption of the host preserves a pure symbiotic link for appropriate digestion and assimilation that stabilizes the parasitic link. Maybe feeding waste from other sources might not bold over well with the individual Parasitic HAs. It's got to have a taste of its bonded host, not of everything else. Basically similar to blood compatibility issues for best results in medical procedures being applied here.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Vakim wrote:Since it's a bonded parasite maybe it can only eat the waste product and other stuff of its bonded host. ( half sarcasm/half possible)

Man were we on the same brain pattern or what?!
Ordered Chaos
D-Bee

Unread post by Ordered Chaos »

Hey this sounds like it may be pretty fun. I haven't done a play by post before though, so who knows. I'd be pretty interested in running a falconer if you wouldn't mind a total noob getting in on it. My work schedule makes free time a precious commodity but I could swing the once a week posting, no problem. Let me know what you think.
"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight." Psalm 144:1
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Ordered Chaos wrote:Hey this sounds like it may be pretty fun. I haven't done a play by post before though, so who knows. I'd be pretty interested in running a falconer if you wouldn't mind a total noob getting in on it. My work schedule makes free time a precious commodity but I could swing the once a week posting, no problem. Let me know what you think.

Wow...This is getting better by the posts! A Packmaster, Outrider, Metamorph, Roughneck and Falconer, plus the NPC Dreadguard. Anyone else possibly joining the genesis of the Havoc Team?
Solarius
D-Bee

I don't mind a falconer i'll have to put the o.c.c. on the page and long as u can consistently stick to 1 or 2 posts i'm good
Solarius
D-Bee

i'll go over it real good on my days off but what is ur alignment and have you read the rules for my game ?
Ordered Chaos
D-Bee

Tristan Alexander grew up the youngest of a proud military family and somewhat of black sheep. All the men in his family have gone on to serve as dreadguards in service to house Tecumseh since it's inception. For that reason his father has always emphasized military training and discipline from a young age. His childhood was more akin to a soldiers life than that of a young boys. It wasn't until older that Tristan started to rebel against the wishes of his father, he wanted more freedom. He seen the truth of the dreadguard and knew that while they are the respected elite of the armed forces the majority have lost themselves in their roles. It would seem that through the collaborative efforts of House Artemis and his own, his true calling would be discovered. As soon as the war birds were introduced to Tecumseh, Tristan was one of the first to sign up for the training program. He viewed the role of the Falconer as one of a freedom he has never experienced, and much to the chagrin of his family, it is a role he excelled at greatly. Although he may not be a dreadguard he believes through his new endeavor he will prove his worth to the house and his father. Today, TriX, the newest Falconer of the Great House Tecumseh becomes his own man.

Name: Tristan Alexander (TriX)
Alignment: Scrupulous
HP: 22 - SDC: 81
IQ: 22 (+8% to all skills)
ME: 17
MA: 18
PS: 29
PP: 19
PE: 18
PB: 18
SPD: 38

Skill Programs:
-Basic Military (+20%): Climbing (68/5), HtH: Basic, Military Etiquette (63/5), Running, W.P. Sword and W.P. Knife.
-Martial Arts (+40%): Boxing, HtH: Martial Arts, Kick Boxing, Wrestling, Blind Fighting (78/5).
-Weapons Training: Rec Wpn Qlty (33/5), W.P. Archery, W.P. Paired Wpns, W.P. Staff, W.P. Whip.
-Recon/Scout (+20%): Det Ambush (58/5), Det Conceal (53/5), Intel (60/4), Land Nav (64/4), Prowl (55/5).
-Saboteur (+10): Machine Tech (58/5), Chem (53/5), Demo (78/3), Demo Disposal (78/3), Demo Underwater (74/4).

Common Skills:
-Basic Math (86/2), Speak Native Lang (93/1), Read/Write Native Lang (88/2)

Elective Skills:
-Wild Survival (58/5), Bio-Comms (73/5), First Aid (53/5), Operate Bio Equip (48/%), Tracking (43/5)

Secondary Skills:
-Camo (28/5), Hunting, ID Plant/Fruit (33/5), Sign Lang (43/5)

MDC "Living" Armor: Falconer Armor
-Main Body: 120
-Arms/Legs: 50
-Head: 70
-Perches: 27
-Gloves: 24
Bio-Enhancements: 41
-Reinforced Exo: -1
-Regen Basic>Enhanced: -6
-Resist Cold/Elec/Heat: -8
-Combat Spurs: -5
-Reinforced Knuckles: -1
-Serrated Whip: -10
-Organic Rockets (4): -4
-Spike Launcher (4): -4
-Trench Mines (2): -2

Weapons:
-Acid Edged Knife:
-Acid Edged Sword:
-Concussion Staff (Quarter Staff):
-Bow (high frequency arrows):
Last edited by Ordered Chaos on Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight." Psalm 144:1
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

I must say, I really like what you Spliceheads are doing and coming up with for these characters! Very well written and innovative! Makes me want to learn so much more about them and to watch them in the campaign(s).
Solarius
D-Bee

Vakim and ordered chaos if you'd like to get ahold of me u can via yahoo messenger just pm me and i'll give u my name
Ordered Chaos
D-Bee

Sorry I'm taking so long on the stats Solarius, I'm on my third 6 day work week in a row. I finished rolling everything up this morning, now just some fine tuning and it'll be ready to post hopefully by tomorrow.

Quick question though, I thought I had read somewhere that the falconer had a unique HtH but according to Slappys thread it looks like they don't start with any HtH, although it is referenced in the fluff. Is this listed anywhere or do I just select my HtH normally? 
The Galactus Kid

Unless Slappy says otherwise, give them the same HtH as a packmaster and give them the blindfighting skill.

Ordered Chaos
D-Bee

The Galactus Kid wrote:Unless Slappy says otherwise, give them the same HtH as a packmaster and give them the blindfighting skill.

Thanks for the advice sir, :ok:
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Ordered Chaos wrote:Sorry I'm taking so long on the stats Solarius, I'm on my third 6 day work week in a row. I finished rolling everything up this morning, now just some fine tuning and it'll be ready to post hopefully by tomorrow.

Quick question though, I thought I had read somewhere that the falconer had a unique HtH but according to Slappys thread it looks like they don't start with any HtH, although it is referenced in the fluff. Is this listed anywhere or do I just select my HtH normally? 

Based from what we submitted, I found this regarding the Falconer OCC:

O.C.C. Skill Program: Basic Military (+20%), Martial Arts (with the addition of Blind Fighting +40%), Weapons Training, Reconnaissance/Scout (+20%), Saboteur (+10%) or Wingman (only 25% of Falconers choose to don a Wingpack and join their War Hawks in the sky).
The Galactus Kid

There you go. Doesn't get much better than that.

Ordered Chaos
D-Bee

I edited my post prior with some stats. It is incomplete so far but I am trying to get it all together ASAP. Just let me know what you think. I'm open to changing something if need be. As an aside I was a little disheartened to see I couldn't get the physiological stuff, but all in all not too bad. Will edit with more complete stats as soon as I can.
Solarius
D-Bee

looks ok to me just when u finalize it use the npc joseph as your template

Return to “Splicers®”