A Metamorph Question

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

A Metamorph Question

Unread post by 13eowulf »

Under the Metamorph in Rifter 51 an option is provided to pay extra for an enhancement to have it apply across all forms as opposed to buying it form by form.

My question is would you allow a form to 'opt out' of any such features?

Like say you had 5 forms, but only wanted 4 of them to have the feature, could they pay the 'across all forms' cost (which is much cheaper than buying it for 4 forms) and have the 5th form 'opt out' and not gain the feature?
Oderint Dum Metuant.
Slight001
Hero

Re: A Metamorph Question

Unread post by Slight001 »

I wouldn't have a problem with it. I'm all for encouraging player diversity and you can't get much more diverse then the Metamorph.
"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I would allow it, but I would still have the player pay the full bio-e cost.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

I would also agree with each comment posted above. It sounds feasible via biological construction that an ability and its corresponding organs may simply be dormant in other forms or not fully developed, but the DNA/RNA codes for it are still there so they carry over into any other form as purchased across the board.

Maybe as a "house rule" if you or the GM is generous enough, you can give the player a slight bonus in a different areas for not taking the full plunge in all forms i.e.:

1. Maturation in that form "if" upsizing is reduced in duration requirement by 10-20%.

2. That specific form has half of the Bio-E cost that it would have been spent/utilized on the cost of the Enhancement to spend towards something else for compensation. This slight Bio-E is only proprietary to that form and can not carry over to the total Metamorph Bio-E count.

3. That Metamorph gets a temporary increase in PE or PP when in that form by 1-2 points.

4. Or leave it as is and well enough alone, maybe the player has some thing lined up or a reason why they would opt out for one form to not receive the enhancement. IMHO, Part of good role playing is entertaining such paths.
Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

Slight001 wrote:I wouldn't have a problem with it. I'm all for encouraging player diversity and you can't get much more diverse then the Metamorph.

You have no idea how proud you just made me feel after reading this. Slappy & I thank you kindly, and perhaps someday, I will ponder the designs on additional Metamorph forms to secure this diversity, or are there enough as is, or at least for now?

Return to “Splicers®”