The SPLICERS WEB

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

The SPLICERS WEB

Unread post by Premier »

After considering PB's distribution and marketing exposure of this game line, I would like to know/ask what do you think WE (the Gamers & Freelancers) could do to enhance the exposure of this game?

SPLICERS is really one game that I am so... connected to and would like to know if it is possible to polish the Splicers web up a little bit more for this game. Yes I know we need more books out for the setting to really get the UMMPFF it needs. I get it and I will do all that I can to press this with PB as much as the next Splice-head and then some. BUT are there other things that WE can do to make it hard for PB to ignore or delay producing more Splicers product? Are there things we can do to have more awareness for this game?

This has made me come to some possible ideas and questions to get a rough gauge on the Splicers web community. We have a wonderful Splicehead community that I think we could take full advantage of to enhance the exposure and gaming experience connected online:

1. How many of you actually conduct Splicers campaigns as either as a GM (Preferably Splice Master) or as a Player (Survivor)?

1b. "If" so how often?

1c. If not a Gamer, how many of you are Collectors of the material for other reasons of fancy and what would you like to continue to see or see more of?

2. If you are a Gamer where do you run your games the most?

3. Any games or campaigns being conducted at hobby stores, conventions or other public availed areas where the target audience dwells?

3b. Can we create a plausible list of targetable conventions (especially cons that are major in scale and where we are already planning on attending) and seek to have a Splice Master with campaign conducting and opening the game up to new "seeds" comers and well as seasoned Spliceheads?

4. What can WE (Gamers/Freelancers) "feasibly and reasonably" do to make running games more smoother & enhancing Splice awareness?

5. In your humble opinions, what do we need to possibly make Splicers go viral?

6. How many sourcebooks do you think we need to get published to get things really rocking for this gameline?

7. Out of all of PB's game lines that you play or collect, where does Splicers rank among them?
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Re: The SPLICERS WEB

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

I love Splicers myself, and the amount of fan material would be a perfect database to create a Splicers web site, i find i easier to come up with ideas for optional material than the other games.

1. How many of you actually conduct Splicers campaigns as either as a GM (Preferably Splice Master) or as a Player (Survivor)?
None now, though that may change in the future

1b. "If" so how often?
N/A

1c. If not a Gamer, how many of you are Collectors of the material for other reasons of fancy and what would you like to continue to see or see more of?
Right now, collector, i have a bazillion ideas for new stuff....real life is keeping me from put them to paper

N/A

3. Any games or campaigns being conducted at hobby stores, conventions or other public availed areas where the target audience dwells?
I run two games, Rifts & Dead Reign....hopefully Splicers will be the third in the future

3b. Can we create a plausible list of targetable conventions (especially cons that are major in scale and where we are already planning on attending) and seek to have a Splice Master with campaign conducting and opening the game up to new "seeds" comers and well as seasoned Spliceheads?
There's one in my area, but every year its dedicated to WH40k and other miniatures games

4. What can WE (Gamers/Freelancers) "feasibly and reasonably" do to make running games more smoother & enhancing Splice awareness?
hmm, good question

YouTube, possibly a Splicers web site, word of mouth with other gamers

6. How many sourcebooks do you think we need to get published to get things really rocking for this gameline?
maybe two

7. Out of all of PB's game lines that you play or collect, where does Splicers rank among them?
Splicers, in my opinion, ranks #1
The Dragon Has Spoken
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I've been running a Splicers cmpaign off and on for about 4.5 years. I will probably be going back to it in just a couple of months, probably right after GenCon.
1b. "If" so how often?
When I'm running, it is a weekly game that runs about 3.5 to 4 hours a week. We build the story world as we go, since the party is really a deep recon/search and destroy squad. It has allowed us to build and test new material while exploring relationships within a great house, between houses, with random groups on the surface and seeing how the machine interacts with everyone.
As a gamer, I wantt o see more books for this. Maybe some posters or art prints, but other than that, I don't think a diverse product line is needed yet. The exception to this MIGHT be a limited comic series or a single graphic novel or series of three or four.
My house. We bring one or two people in via google plus, but its not my preference.
I usually run at least one Splicers game per convention I attend.
I'm sure we can. This is something that Megaversal Ambassadors were designed for. I'm not sure how many of us Spliceheads are actually MA's though.
4. What can WE (Gamers/Freelancers) "feasibly and reasonably" do to make running games more smoother & enhancing Splice awareness?I've been thinking about this a lot:
1) Pregen characters: These characters should have a full character sheet, professionally designed, illustrated and have a back story of no more than a page. Something any player can pick up, read and understand that character's motivations, where they fit with the group and how to kid of role-play them.
2) Short one shot adventure or two: Give the GM everything they need to run this one shot.
3) Include multiple bound printed copies (like you would have done at kinkos) and give them away to the players. This will allow them to run the one shot with their groups. Privateer had a GREAT model for this with their Iron Kingdoms RPG demo they ran at GenCon last year. Check it out HERE
If the Splice was viral, that might be worse than the machine...

OH. You meant from a marketting perspective.
I'm not sure if Splicers is the type of game that would go viral. It has potential to be a lot more popular than it is now, but I don't think it has as wide of an appeal as other more traditional genres. It is truly it's own unique...spliced creature and that is what makes it awesome.
Depends. I have a feeling that the manuscript that you and Kluge turned in will be epic and provide a lot of material. I'm working with a number of people to provide (hopefully) 5 or 6 small 64-96 page Splicer sourcebooks that will be kind of like the powers unlimited books, in that they can be used by any member of any great house. Just more OPTIONS for your game, but not a whole lot of plot information. One of the things I love about Splicers is that there is deliberately not a lot of plot info so if leaves the players guessing, helps the GMs develop their creatvity with storylines and really gives the sense of the unpredictable insaity of the machine.
I love Rifts. Always have and always will, but Splicers is by far my favorite. I've lived with it for so long that developing the world and new things for it is like coming home.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Witchcraft
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Witchcraft »

edit: for clarity and "quote" breaks

Premier wrote:After considering PB's distribution and marketing exposure of this game line, I would like to know/ask what do you think WE (the Gamers & Freelancers) could do to enhance the exposure of this game?

SPLICERS is really one game that I am so... connected to and would like to know if it is possible to polish the Splicers web up a little bit more for this game. Yes I know we need more books out for the setting to really get the UMMPFF it needs. I get it and I will do all that I can to press this with PB as much as the next Splice-head and then some. BUT are there other things that WE can do to make it hard for PB to ignore or delay producing more Splicers product? Are there things we can do to have more awareness for this game?

This has made me come to some possible ideas and questions to get a rough gauge on the Splicers web community. We have a wonderful Splicehead community that I think we could take full advantage of to enhance the exposure and gaming experience connected online:

I run a regular Rifts game and one player is a Dreadguard from Splicers. I've never run a Splicers campaign but I would very much like to. Most of my players like the "idea" of Splicers but would rather include the Splicers setting in a Rifts game rather than the self-sufficient self-contained Splicers homeworld. I mix it in when I can. Thus far I've used a bunch of references from Shai'hulud and Fremen to Yuuzhan Vong to Necrom, and lots of stuff in between...to draw the Dreadguard player deeper into the world and the story. It's a Megaverse in Flames / Minion War campaign so nothing's off limits.

Premier wrote:1b. "If" so how often?

I like the artwork and the classes / philosophy behind the characters. There is a Splicers house on Rifts earth with a librarian, engineer, a few saints, gene pool, and all the stuff a Splicer character would need to play in my campaign.

Premier wrote:2. If you are a Gamer where do you run your games the most?

My house -- with my wife's permission.

Premier wrote:3. Any games or campaigns being conducted at hobby stores, conventions or other public availed areas where the target audience dwells?

Nope.

Premier wrote:3b. Can we create a plausible list of targetable conventions (especially cons that are major in scale and where we are already planning on attending) and seek to have a Splice Master with campaign conducting and opening the game up to new "seeds" comers and well as seasoned Spliceheads?

I don't get much time to go to conventions. When I have time off I really like to vacate the premises and that starts with a plane ride at least 15 hours long -- any less than that and I might still be in my comfort zone.

Premier wrote:4. What can WE (Gamers/Freelancers) "feasibly and reasonably" do to make running games more smoother & enhancing Splice awareness?

You said it before, Reverend Walton, more sourcebooks!

Premier wrote:5. In your humble opinions, what do we need to possibly make Splicers go viral?

A comic strip and some kewl plot hooks could go viral faster 'n you can say two girls one cup. The comic strip doesn't even have to be that developed or very long -- just short BURSTS of awesome!

Premier wrote:6. How many sourcebooks do you think we need to get published to get things really rocking for this gameline?

Not many. Maybe one or two more. The game line has basically everything it needs except SUPPORT. I would compile all the sick-ass material found in the Rifters and make a Sourcebook called BY THE PLAYERS / FOR THE PLAYERS - THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Premier wrote:7. Out of all of PB's game lines that you play or collect, where does Splicers rank among them?

Rifts ranks first and then it's a pretty close tie between Nightbane and Splicers.
Last edited by Witchcraft on Tue May 21, 2013 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no spoon.
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

Premier wrote:1c. If not a Gamer, how many of you are Collectors of the material for other reasons of fancy and what would you like to continue to see or see more of?

1c. I am a Gamer, but right now I don´t have the time to play. And I am a Collector too. I would like to see more "background of the world: locations, maps, houses, etc." and Host Armors (Polar Bear, Tiger/Puma and Wolf related, with your wonderful art!).

4. A web page linked to the Palladium Books main web page with exclusive art or something that makes the people want to go/register.

5. After the web page...a Kickstarter for a SPLICERS RPG Special Edition (including all the Rifter Articles and a NEW COVER PLEASE!)...it is a gamble but what do we/they(Palladium) have to loose? Besides, after the success of the Robotech KS, they have tons of "fans" to send them the email...Palladium is right now among the ELITE 1.000.000 Dollar CLUB in Kickstarter!

6. Just one every six month. Nothing too big, 64 or 96 pages will be perfect.

7. RIFTS number 1 and SPLICERS number 1. Right now, it´s a TIE!
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
Solarius
D-Bee

Unread post by Solarius »

I enjoy the game alot and i'd put it next to Systems Failure and Nightbane in my favs. I run an online game that sadly needs players and i'd love to see a new book out for it.
darkguyver
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: I have writing disability so if need me retype please let me known thank for read and posting please be respectful

Unread post by darkguyver »

Hell yes Kickstarter for a SPLICERS RPG Special Edition I so down for this
Image/Image

Megaversal Ambassador®
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Yes. Splicers Ultimate Edition needs to happen.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
darkguyver
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: I have writing disability so if need me retype please let me known thank for read and posting please be respectful

Unread post by darkguyver »

The Galactus Kid wrote:Yes. Splicers Ultimate Edition needs to happen.

So what got do get this start it
Image/Image

Megaversal Ambassador®
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Ideas for funding Splicers Ultimate edition:

1. Organize said material in a way that retains the core and expands upon it.
2. Change the cover to something such as a Dreadguard locked in combat with a Super Steel Trooper.
3. Draw up some baby warmounts, cuteness works for new creatures.
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Do the things that worked in the past.
SOURCEBOOK ONE
WORLDBOOK ONE
Do a small micro book with pregen characters, and a pregen adventure.
ffranceschi
Adventurer

darkguyver wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:Yes. Splicers Ultimate Edition needs to happen.

So what got do get this start it

Kevin is gonna call me after NG1 releases. The first topic of my conversation is going to be this! And please, don't tell me that after the huge and impressive success of the Robotech Kickstarter (almost USD 1.500.000), we can't reach a USD 50.000 goal. We have the Palladium fan base plus the new Robotech fans from the Kickstarter (5342) plus Palladium is now a company recognized in Kickstarter. Everything counts!

And Chuck, please begin to draw the new cover: the most awesome Dreadguard in Host Armor fighting against impossible odds.

Another idea: Chris Kluge and Brandon Aten could write special articles EXCLUSIVE to include in this Special Edition so, besides all the released Rifter articles, we will have something truly unique.

The Cat is Out of the Bag and the ideas keep flowing...

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Whew, sfx(slosh… slosh…)… The Splice juices are flowing!

Franceschi, indeed you are going to get a GRAND opportunity to really express demand from a high end Kickstarter supporter as to the dire demand of more official Splicers publications. This is a major opportunity for Kevin to hear from the fanbase that Splicers is a product that strong supporters desire and want Extremely BAD.

With that being said, I have had numerous discussions with Kevin when ever possible about Splicers. To the point that I fear I don’t want to overdose the Splice to him. When we have discussed it, he is very energized and positive about it and we have discussed many possibilities and had numerous brain storming sessions for its possible future productions. The killer part is that I can’t freely disclose any of them. The more frustrating part is that I am fearful that Splicers as a whole needs to some how garner a larger demand and attention of Palladiumbooks in order for Kevin to say”, Hey… hey… WOA… OK… OK… OK… Yeah I get it from Chuck, Brandon, Kluge, Ffranceschi, Dark Guyver, Krispy, 89er, Boxee, Witchcraft, but man… This product is really in demand for something new and I need to get it out very soon!” We need this demand to scream at him in such a way that it shouts over the demand of other long overdue gameline products. This is no sleight towards them (i.e.: BTS, Fantasy, Nightbane, etc.), just that we need to really showcase some focused demands/requests.

I am all for a Splicers UEE (SPLICERS Ultra Evolution) Edition and have discussed it in major detail with PB. I have even redrawn nearly all of the original sourcebook’s War Mounts and O.C.C.s to upgrade the illustration quality on my end for the new sourcebook. This was started actually because I grew more and more disappointed with the older illustrations and simply wanted to update them with my current skill set. As I began doing this I went back through the very original script that We (the original Drunken Style Studios crew had received), man… were there some big changes. Example: One that really bothered me was the Packmaster OCC with Gore Hound illustration. Gore hounds are much larger (6 foot at the height of the head and 350-500 pounds) than what I depicted and what I was originally given in stats. I want to reflect what the adjusted stats convey for each of these items. I also think that some of the original War Mount descriptions had some facets that I would like to institute where I feel we may have missed the mark or simply where opportunity for visual improvement and design may be possible, IMHO. This is when the idea hit me that maybe a new Splicers reduex edition is in order.

However, it is very clear after discussing things with Kevin, that this “might” require some creative spare time to splice what needs to be preserved and what needs to be evolved or augmented for the newer reintroduction for this gameline. Yeah we love Splicers, and have adjusted the open setting to our own personal customizations when we see fit, but I guess there were also a few issues that just simply couldn’t be ignored and warrant attention. Some of these may be short easy fixes, but others may be more creative opportunities that need to be analyzed and walked out a little before implementing them. This has placed a slight concern in my heart that such valid issues of limited time and the need to sustain strong sales items might be reason enough to continue to shelve Splicers UEE production, who knows? I want to get the serrated chitin tendril whip cracking on the Splicers products and I have come to a strategy that may indeed work as it helps us devise a possible focus.in hope of achieving our objectives.

OBJECTIVES:
I. More Splicers Products ASAP –

A. Requests the Legion: I think if WE get a focused demand on the Legion script(s) that are already turned in by Chris “Slappy” Kluge & I which encompasses Setting expansion, development guidelines and enhancement, new O.C.C.s, War Mounts, Weapons, Robots, Numerous HLS, including a fully flushed out BIG adventure with stats that will help to give Gamers a wonderful dose of what Splicers is like. It gives a slick example as to how influential and crucial a Machine Personality can be to a campaign and that it is not just some mindless endless surplus of machine gun fodder as the enemy. It reveals that Splicers can be FAR... more than the common comparison of it being Guyver meets Terminator (great & flattering IP comparisons btw). This is also inclusive of a completed painted cover and much of the interior art is already completed or near completion. The Legion material could be strategically spliced into 2 solid large books (A World book and expansion/adventure book.

B: There is some material in the Legion manuscript that may indeed be strategically better for a Splicers UE edition, however with the original sourcebook already being 224 pages, even with re-edits, I am not sure much more can be redone and added, versus what needs to be augmented without making the book too big (as if there is such a thing). None-the-less, a Splicers UEE would be nice to have either in production or completed soon enough to that new gamers can get a fresher look into this awesome game without the previous issues in the original sourcebook. This will hopefully attract new gamers to this setting. If they see it has several books out for them to expound there experiences, it will help sort of dispel the concerns of PB’s history for lack of support of for this gameline. This is why I-A should go first IMHO. With I-A complete, sales and interest will brew and I would be more than happy to go balls out for a Splicers UEE cover and additional interior artwork. More importantly, with PB seeing the support for Splicers via sales, This will likely move PB to validating the time and resources to doing anything big like a Splicers UEE or Kickstarter (However, I am still completed to believe that RIFTS & ROBOTECH will always garner the most “PB kickstarter” attention and I would love to be proven wrong.) Sales determine results and we need to find a way to get sales for a product that currently doesn’t have strong sales. Sure more books out will get sales, but those books need to NOT take up a lot of Kevin’s time or PB’s resources. This is why I am now suggesting we push for item I-A first. The more Splicers sells the more the gameline gets PB’s attention and resources. Dead reign did it and we need to do the same. I know that Galactus Kid has some books also in production as we speak and this is why we could meet a steady demand of world building and expansions for new material for Splicers on a consistent basis. If its 1 book every 6 months then cool. Its feasible and doable with what we have as Splicehead supporters, Freelance production and the quality of the product that speaks for itself when given the fair chance

As to a Splicers UEE cover, whew, can we say either a Wrap around or a neck breaker head turner on the front MUST be in order. I am certainly open to suggestions, though I must admit, the Splice is flowing with ideas, as we speak.

C. We need to increase Splicers awareness by requesting local hobby stores and other retailers that carry RPG books to carry Splicers or to see a game campaign. Simply asking storeowners “if” they have it in stock or carry it often enough will generate some curiosity. Running Splicers at conventions is major and I like Galactus Kid’s ideas and would like to see what I can do as a Freelance Artist to assist in these ventures.

1) Pregen characters: These characters should have a full character sheet, professionally designed, illustrated and have a back story of no more than a page. Something any player can pick up, read and understand that character's motivations, where they fit with the group and how to kid of role-play them.
2) Short one shot adventure or two: Give the GM everything they need to run this one shot.
3) Include multiple bound printed copies (like you would have done at kinkos) and give them away to the players. This will allow them to run the one shot with their groups. Privateer had a GREAT model for this with their Iron Kingdoms RPG demo they ran at GenCon last year. Check it out HERE

If Convention/Campaign packages, folders and other paraphenelia can help generate interest and exposure than maybe we should see about doing it and what all can be done legally by us & or requested by PB to produce? We certainly should also seek to establish or encourage Splicers Ambassadors to increase campaigns at Cons & hobby stores.

II. SPLICERS Website: This is a great idea Franceschi, but can we do this? Are there other gamelines by PB that have independent sites from the main website? “If” not, is there a legal reason that is prohibiting official gameline websites? If so, what do we need to do to get it going and who and how would it be maintained?
ffranceschi
Adventurer

Premier wrote:II. SPLICERS Website: This is a great idea Franceschi, but can we do this? Are there other gamelines by PB that have independent sites from the main website? “If” not, is there a legal reason that is prohibiting official gameline websites? If so, what do we need to do to get it going and who and how would it be maintained?

This is the best example of what I would like to see for SPLICERS: http://student.mccinfo.net/~sedawes/hou ... /home.html.
It exudes passion!

And this one is my favorite for RIFTS but I don't like the design: http://www.kitsune.addr.com/palladium.htm.

I can contribute with some money because I don't have the skills or the time for doing something like this.

Premier

Unread post by Premier »

ffranceschi wrote:
Premier wrote:II. SPLICERS Website: This is a great idea Franceschi, but can we do this? Are there other gamelines by PB that have independent sites from the main website? “If” not, is there a legal reason that is prohibiting official gameline websites? If so, what do we need to do to get it going and who and how would it be maintained?

This is the best example of what I would like to see for SPLICERS: http://student.mccinfo.net/~sedawes/hou ... /home.html.
It exudes passion!

And this one is my favorite for RIFTS but I don't like the design: http://www.kitsune.addr.com/palladium.htm.

I can contribute with some money because I don't have the skills or the time for doing something like this.

WOW! These are jaw dropping and great examples. Thanks Ffranceschi!! Anyone interested in developing this website please let me know what needs to be done, who would be willing to help maintain it and how we may help?

I was looking at Kitsune and it looks like we may just need to cordially introduce Splicers and its fanbase to him/her and possibly Splicers might be able to to be added hopefully to his compilation of gameline materials?
mrloucifer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Unread post by mrloucifer »

Premier wrote:WOW! These are jaw dropping and great examples. Thanks Ffranceschi!! Anyone interested in developing this website please let me know what needs to be done, who would be willing to help maintain it and how we may help?

I'm the designer and maintainer of "The House of BTS" mentioned above, and I'd be up for developing Palladium fan sites at rock bottom rates. Fell free to contact me to talk more about it.

The issue on my side is that I'd need the material to submitted to it. I love the idea and game material behind Splicers, and I have the main books and some of the materials from the various Rifters, but I've never played it, so I'd question the materials I'd create for it (at least until I could get some game time into it).

So is there a lot of fan based material out there? And are the creators willing to put it on a Splicers fan site?
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Both of these is what the Megaversal Ambassadors Program are trying to do. If you are not an M.A., why not? :D
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

mrloucifer wrote:
Premier wrote:WOW! These are jaw dropping and great examples. Thanks Ffranceschi!! Anyone interested in developing this website please let me know what needs to be done, who would be willing to help maintain it and how we may help?

I'm the designer and maintainer of "The House of BTS" mentioned above, and I'd be up for developing Palladium fan sites at rock bottom rates. Fell free to contact me to talk more about it.

The issue on my side is that I'd need the material to submitted to it. I love the idea and game material behind Splicers, and I have the main books and some of the materials from the various Rifters, but I've never played it, so I'd question the materials I'd create for it (at least until I could get some game time into it).

So is there a lot of fan based material out there? And are the creators willing to put it on a Splicers fan site?

well, there's a ton of stuff already on these forums. probably some that i've missed. we've had several very prolific contributors, and a fairly large number of more occasional contributors. my folder of splicers material has 106 files in it, copied and pasted from the boards here (not all of it proofread, and some of it can be hard to read), and that doesn't include anything later than october 2010 (i only have one file later than that, which was something i wrote myself and posted here... chariots for packmasters). and i'm not entirely certain i got everything from before then either. some of those files include multiple things too.

so... presuming you can get permission from the original authors to host their submissions (note: i'm not sure i have the original authors for everything i have copied), yeah, there's plenty of good quality stuff you could potentially put on a website.
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

For rifts this site did alot of cool stuff- http://theleynet.awardspace.com/coal.html
ffranceschi
Adventurer

mrloucifer wrote:

Thanks! Now, we need someone to take the leadership of the project to coordinate things, get the proper authorization from Kevin, and talk to everyone in the forums to collect the material for the site. From my part I can help by funding the project. If we get a Leader, I will personally PM MrLoucifer about his rates, etc., to know for sure if I can fund it alone or I will need help.

We can have a special FOUNDERS page with the names of everyone who contribute (time, coordination, ideas, articles, money, etc.) to the project! This moment could be remembered forever in future generations as the people who helped RISE SPLICERS from the DARK!!!

Ok, the position of Leader is OPEN...anyone?

Return to “Splicers®”