Going Nuclear

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Going Nuclear

Unread post by ffranceschi »

I have just finished reading the awesome "Project "Bruce" Cruise Missile" and I am wondering: is there the equivalent of a Nuclear Weapon made by the Houses? I mean a "Biological Nuclear Weapon", not a virus that kills people or rusts machines but a weapon that blows everything in the blast radius, super heats, makes a crater, causes radiation sickness, etc. I think that this kind of weapon would be a last resort one but who knows...besides without the "radiation", it would be a formidable one!
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
taalismn
Priest

Re: Going Nuclear

Unread post by taalismn »

To be truly nuclear you'd either need fissionable metals in critical mass quantities(a no-no with the nanoplague) or large amounts of fusionable isotopes of hydrogen or helium...and some means to trigger them into fusion....wouldn't be easy. I'd favor the latter for organic systems(you might be able to use organic lasers to provide the triggering zap), but I imagine the first devices would be rather large and cumbersome and not at all easily battlefield deployable(maybe as a deadman 'spoiler' munition under an outpost or enclave about to be overrun.
Developing and deploying strategic(i.e. kiloton-megaton range) weapons of this sort might make a good adventure hook.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
ffranceschi
Adventurer

taalismn wrote:To be truly nuclear you'd either need fissionable metals in critical mass quantities(a no-no with the nanoplague) or large amounts of fusionable isotopes of hydrogen or helium...and some means to trigger them into fusion....wouldn't be easy. I'd favor the latter for organic systems(you might be able to use organic lasers to provide the triggering zap), but I imagine the first devices would be rather large and cumbersome and not at all easily battlefield deployable(maybe as a deadman 'spoiler' munition under an outpost or enclave about to be overrun.
Developing and deploying strategic(i.e. kiloton-megaton range) weapons of this sort might make a good adventure hook.

Thanks, I really like you answer since I am no expert in nuclear weapons.

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

How does this work for ya??

Organic Cruise Missle
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
ffranceschi
Adventurer

NMI wrote:How does this work for ya??

Organic Cruise Missle

That´s exactly what I was thinking about. The name: "Kamikaze Organic Cruise Missile" is not cool though. I prefer something like Omega Cruise Missile (OCM)!

Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

ffranceschi wrote:
NMI wrote:How does this work for ya??

Organic Cruise Missle

That´s exactly what I was thinking about. The name: "Kamikaze Organic Cruise Missile" is not cool though. I prefer something like Omega Cruise Missile (OCM)!

There is something in the Legion adventure that might have that covered for ya, if it makes the edit.

Return to “Splicers®”