Look at what I found, The Behemoth is not as useless

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Warmaster40k
Dungeon Crawler

Look at what I found, The Behemoth is not as useless

Unread post by Warmaster40k »

Okay, I was reading the warmount thread with Slappy's great stuff, and I saw the mention of the behemoth having a minimum range of 1100 ft. So I read the description, and this is what I have to say. The 1100 feet is true, for indirect fire. How ever because the the guns can be raised and lowered 90 degrees, with a swivel of 180, you can shoot a robot or other threat straight ahead. Any one else notice this. BTW im looking for my Rogue Houses doc on my computer to post soon.
I am the Omega, I am the thread killer, my post is death.
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Look at what I found, The Behemoth is not as useless

Unread post by Guy_LeDouche »

Here's from the main book:

Maximum Effective Range: 11,000 feet (3353 m; over two miles/3.2 km) with a minimum effective range of 1100 feet (335 m); cannot use the cannons to hit anything closer than that.

I don't think the Behemoth (or any other War Mount) is "useless"; rather than all around versatility, each War Mount fills its own particular niche. Even the Stider (a War Mount I loathe) is the perfect unit for recon, scouting, hit-and-run feints, running messages, etc. Sure, it will get pasted in heavy combat, but hopefully the Outrider knows better than to charge headlong into a serious fight.

In the case of the Behemoth, it's artillery support. And, like any artillery unit, it's going to be rather sub-par at close combat. Granted, certain enhancements and the Outrider's own armor can help in the area, but ultimately its still an artillery weapon. Played to its strengths, its a juggernaut.

As with most weapons, form follows function.
Fairy tales begin with "Once upon a time". Southern fairy tales begin with "Y'all ain't gonna believe this s**t!!"

XBL Gamertag: Guy L3D0uch3

If Keanu Reeves had played Thulsa Doom, he would have told Conan to contemplate on the Tree of Whoa..
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Agreed.

BTW, anyone know where that 'giant warmounts' entry is? I recall something about a giant millipede that can act as a mobile base or House.....
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Warmaster40k
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Warmaster40k »

That would be a rifter article.
I am the Omega, I am the thread killer, my post is death.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Guy_LeDouche wrote:Here's from the main book:

Maximum Effective Range: 11,000 feet (3353 m; over two miles/3.2 km) with a minimum effective range of 1100 feet (335 m); cannot use the cannons to hit anything closer than that.

I don't think the Behemoth (or any other War Mount) is "useless"; rather than all around versatility, each War Mount fills its own particular niche. Even the Stider (a War Mount I loathe) is the perfect unit for recon, scouting, hit-and-run feints, running messages, etc. Sure, it will get pasted in heavy combat, but hopefully the Outrider knows better than to charge headlong into a serious fight.

In the case of the Behemoth, it's artillery support. And, like any artillery unit, it's going to be rather sub-par at close combat. Granted, certain enhancements and the Outrider's own armor can help in the area, but ultimately its still an artillery weapon. Played to its strengths, its a juggernaut.

the behemoth is far from useless, imo it's actually quite good :)

finding the bio-E to equip it with something that can shoot within 1100 feet as a backup weapon should be far easier than finding a different war mount a weapon that can shoot 11,000 feet :)

as to general utility, i consider the zephyr to be very good as an all-purpose war mount, provided you don't have it exclusively fly (sometimes, it's much safer to stay on the ground). although it is lacking in melee enhancements, when you consider it's used in combination with an outrider who wears host armour, i think it does the job just fine.
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Ah, ok, thanks Warmaster. I'll look though my Splicers files for it. :)
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Guy_LeDouche wrote:Here's from the main book:

Why do you loath it?

Return to “Splicers®”