Rifter Splicers Collected?

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

DevastationBob
Dungeon Crawler

Rifter Splicers Collected?

Unread post by DevastationBob »

Is it a possibility the official Splicers material in the Rifters be collected in a new sourcebook?
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."
Shark_Force
Palladin

Re: Rifter Splicers Collected?

Unread post by Shark_Force »

DevastationBob wrote:Is it a possibility the official Splicers material in the Rifters be collected in a new sourcebook?

I'd say it's fairly unlikely. there's already something like 4-5 small (i think ~96 page) sourcebooks submitted right now. Kevin said those would be done this year, but i wouldn't hold my breath; i expect that's at *least* two years worth of splicers material in the pipeline, quite possibly as much as 4 years worth frankly; Kevin always hopes he's going to get stuff finished really fast, but he very seldom does. I'm not saying it *can't* happen... I'm saying that my expectation is for it to not happen, based on past experience with palladium.

so... most likely, any effort on publishing splicers material will go towards the stuff that hasn't seen print yet, i would presume. realistically, Kevin has to go with the main moneymaker (rifts) if he wants to have enough money to keep PB in business, which will then allow them to make all the other cool shiny stuff we love... eventually. so the amount of time Kevin can afford to spend on splicers is limited, he's the only editor for non-rifter material that I'm aware of, and there are at least 2 and a bit books that pretty much *need* to come out first (vampires 'cause it's almost done, then northern gun 1 & 2 because people paid for them something like a year ago, and many of them are already really really upset about not having the books several months ago when they were promised them... and honestly, i can't blame them for feeling upset about that).

realistically, about 4-6 books come out of PB every year apart from the rifters. we can expect maybe 1 splicers book this year if that trend continues (which it has done so for quite some time). if we get only one, would you rather it be new stuff, or stuff that's already available (and also, i should mention, at least in the rifters i own that have splicers material in them, there is often other material in them that is very useful unless you only play splicers... )

Return to “Splicers®”