House Solarious

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jedrious
Adventurer

House Solarious

Unread post by Jedrious »

House Solarious is one of the few Great Houses that does not reside underground; rather they inhabit one of Gaia’s largest nature preserves. They have survived the wrath of Gaia through one main fact: the Librarian, Solarious, has only ever produced Gardener Host Armors. By focusing exclusively on one variety of Biotech, Solarious has managed to develop some unique creations.

Name: Ænt
For most Gardeners, their primary weakness is their lack of mobility; the Ænt was developed to mobilize Solarious’ forces in order to bring maximum firepower into any engagement.

Bio-E Cost: 60+
Growth Time: 1D4 hours for an immature plant (Æntling), 3D6 days to develop into a mature plant.
M.D.C.: Æntlings have two legs for fortifications that take up less than 5 square feet, and four legs for larger fortifications, with 5 M.D.C. each that gain an additional 5 M.D.C. every day until fully matured, in addition, the M.D.C. of the bonded Plant Fortification acts as the creature’s Main Body M.D.C..
Effect: Ænts are mobile gardens in their own right, beginning as creatures similar to gorehounds, and eventually growing into creatures of similar size to War Mounts when they are Elder Ænts. Ænts do not produce effects in and of themselves, rather a Gardener may plant a single Plant Fortification onto a seedling and it will grow and develop without needing to be planted in the ground. An Ænt sapling cannot be planted without first being grafted to its first bonded Plant Fortification.
Additional Penalties: Plant Fortifications grown on an Ænt mature at half the speed of Plant Fortifications grown in soil.
Control Bonus (in addition to the bonuses above): As the Bonded Plant Fortification, however, a Plant Fortification bonded to an Ænt counts as one more Fortification than the number of bonded Fortifications on the Ænt (see Elder Plant Bonus) towards a Gardener’s limit.
Elder Plant Bonus: As an Ænt becomes an Elder, it is able to be bonded to additional Plant Fortifications, once the bonded Plant Fortification gains its first Elder bonus, a new sapling may be bonded to the Elder Ænt, once this new Fortification becomes an Elder another sapling may be bonded, and so on and so forth. An Ænt’s legs gain 5 M.D.C. per month after maturity.
Ænt Vital Statistics:
Speed:
Running: as per Speed Attribute.
Leaping: 5 feet (1.5 m) up and 10 feet (3 m) across.
Digging: One quarter Spd in dirt, cannot dig in concrete or rock.
Swimming: Not possible.
Flight: Not possible.
Statistical Data:
Height, Width, and Length are all dependent upon the bonded Plant Fortification(s), use the largest of the Fortifications, all others inhabit the same space.
Weight is determined by combining all of the bonded Plant Fortifications together.
Cargo: Only what can be carried.
Physical Strength: 3D6+6 Splicer Strength.
Trade Value: Limited. Will only obey the Gardener that created it, if its creator Gardener dies it will listen to Solarious and only Solarious.
Bio-Regeneration Rate: As per bonded Plant Fortification(s).
Horror Factor: 8.
Senses & Features: As per Plant Fortification(s) and Photosynthetic Metabolism, also a Gardener may spend additional Bio-E to enhance their Ænts, any Host Armor modification can be made, however, these modifications cost 5x as much Bio-E and apply to all future Ænts, once an Ænt has left the sapling stage it can only be modified by being bonded to a Plant Fortification.
Feeding and Sleep Requirements: Photosynthetic Metabolism, requires 4 hours of Sunlight per day.
Alignment: Same as creator Gardener.
Attributes: I.Q. 1D8+5 (low human), M.E. 2D6, M.A. 1D6+4, P.S. 3D6+6 (Splicer), P.P. 3D6, P.E. 3D6, P.B. 1D6+4, Spd 5D6+10 (MPH).
Number of Attacks per Melee: 2, Plant Fortification(s) each individually gain their own actions.
Combat Bonuses (in addition to possible attribute bonuses):
In addition to the bonuses for Photosynthetic Metabolism, +2 to Initiative, +1 to strike for all Plant Fortifications, +5 to save versus poisons, toxins and diseases and +4 to save versus Horror Factor.
Equivalent (instinctive) Skills of Note: Botany (80%), Identify Plants (not animals) (75%) Land Navigation (65%) and Dowsing (98%).
Combat Capabilities: Can kick, but knows no other combat moves. Hand to hand damage is based on the P.S. of the Ænt. Ænts can also use whatever ranged or melee Bio-Weapons have been grown on them.

Name: Topiary Spore
The Topiary Spore is a devious trap developed by Solarious, by grafting in DNA from various beasts and even Biotech, the Topiary Spore was developed to baffle the Machine’s (and rival Houses’) sensors and senses by mimicking the thermal and electromagnetic signatures of common Bio-Tech such as Gorehounds and War Mounts. This trait is used to draw in a reconnaissance unit to be subjected to the highly corrosive spores that constantly surround the fortification. The Machine is at -75% to recognize the Topiary Spore as a trap as opposed to an ordinary Splicer Unit, whereas Splicers must make an Operate Bio-Equipment roll at -60% to recognize the ruse, members of House Solarious make this roll at no penalty; Humans operating machine sensors, such as Technojackers, must make either a Read Sensory Equipment or Machine Technology roll at the same penalty as the Machine. Immature Topiary Spores are approximately the same size as a Gorehound, mature Topiary Spores are about the same size as Host Armor, Elder Topiary Spores have been known to dwarf even the largest of the common War Mounts.

Bio-E Cost: 55
Growth Time: 2d6 minutes to grow from a sapling to an immature plant, 3d6 weeks to grow from an immature plant to a mature plant.
M.D.C.: 15 as an immature plant, 2d4x10 as a mature plant.
Damage: 1D6 MD per melee of exposure and 1d6 melees after exposure for an immature plant, 2D8 MD per melee of exposure and 3D6 melees after exposure for a mature plant. Flora and Biotech creations with Photosynthetic or Thermosynthetic Metabolisms are immune to the spores.
Range: Creates a cloud with a 20 foot radius around an immature plant and 80 foot radius for a mature plant.
Payload: An immature plant has 1d4 hours of spore production before it dies, spores must be released in 10 minute increments, mature plants never stop releasing spores.
Control Bonus (in addition to the bonuses above): When under the control of the Gardener, the penalty to recognize the Topiary Spore is increased to -89% for the Machine and -74% for Splicers not of House Solarious. In addition, controlled Topiary Spores deal an additional die of damage per melee.
Elder Plant Bonus: Topiary Spores gain an additional 1d4x10 M.D.C. for each six months after maturity, in addition for each year of maturity their spores deal an additional die of damage and are spread out an additional ten feet.

EDIT: Edited with clarifications
Last edited by Jedrious on Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
krispy
Hero
Comment: Luck favors the prepared

Re: House Solarious

Unread post by krispy »

I like the idea of the House being in a nature preserve, and being comprised of Gardener HA.

If you are trying to keep the theme of plant like creations for the House, may I suggest that this Ænt be a WM for an Outrider, and not a creation for the Gardener.

The Outrider can enhance the WM with plant weapons (maybe with cannon ball versions of the Topiary Spore Plant)

If you wish to keep it as a creation for the Gardener, may i suggest:
*If the Ænt was created as a means to mobilize forces, maybe they should be a little faster than 5D6+10mph, as the lowest starting speed a Gardener can have is 70mph

*So this Ænt is a bipedal giant plant beast, which has a number of plant fortifications that make up its body?? Besides the legs, what is the base mdc of the main body of the Ænt ?? as the plant fortifications have to be placed on the body of the Ænt….does it have arms??

I like the concept of the Topiary Spore Plant, but am confused as to this baffling of the sensors concept….most sensors (organic or robot) are designed to pick up thermal, electrical, barometric, humidity, wind direction, etc etc. so splicer or the machine would use sensors to scan past the shroud of a forest to determine the presence of animal life/robots in it, not the plants. Plants are usually identified by visual cues…..my mind keeps telling me that if you splice a plant with animal dna as well, then maybe it will create an anomaly on the scan

May I suggest, that you try to make the plant a little more inconspicuous, and/or concealed, e.g growing in between the cracks of a rock face, under the leaves of a larger plant
connecting the dots
Jedrious
Adventurer

Unread post by Jedrious »

Edited with clarifications
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I am hoping that you continue to develop this. I like it.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE

Return to “Splicers®”