Warmount and rider question

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Solarius
D-Bee

Warmount and rider question

Unread post by Solarius »

Somoene please explain how combat bonuses work with an outrider and a mount. I read it as when your on the mount you add X amount of attacks and bonuses to your own as per the mount descrip and skill descrip. I have a player who says you add the beasts attacks as well so it can use all its attacks as well as your own.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Re: Warmount and rider question

Unread post by Shark_Force »

huh. i always read it as being a combination of your abilities and the mounts (plus the bonus you get from appropriate skills that only apply when mounted, etc).

i don't think it's intended for both you and your mount to get attacks; rather, i personally interpret as you essentially becoming a fused being that acts as one, interchanging which of your bodies is making each attack however you wish.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

When linked to the mount with the neurological connection, the rider controls all the attacks with a thought. Combat bonuses are also stacked.

Attacks and Cobat Bonuses of the soldier + combat bonuses and attacks of the EDIT: host armor + host armor combat skill + combat bonuses and attacks of the mount + warmount combat.

Long story short, a mounted outrider is a thing to be feared.

When not mounted, the pilot and the mount operate independantly, so in combat it would be as though the player had two characters.

1. Outrider = Combat Bonuses and attacks of the pilot = combat bonuses and attacks of the host armor + host armor combat skill.
2. Mount = Combat Bonuses and attacks of the mount.

If you think this can get confusing, try playing a high level packmaster.
Last edited by The Galactus Kid on Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Solarius
D-Bee

Unread post by Solarius »

ok thx alot i wanted to make sure i wasn't shorting my player or he wasn't abusing me lol
The Galactus Kid

No problem. Glad I can help.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Guy_LeDouche »

Solarius wrote:ok thx alot i wanted to make sure i wasn't shorting my player or he wasn't abusing me lol

You'll both be abusing each other to some extent. :lol: As GK said, mounted Outrider's are ridiculously powerful. They'll mow through a lot of enemies fairly quickly. But, to some extent, they need to be.

Normally, they're one of the largest things on a battlefield which means any mounted Outrider is walking around with a giant bullseye on them. As one of the largest and more obvious targets on a battlefield, any Outrider is in for a world of punishment. While an Outrider's bonuses will definately be high, they're going to need it. The enemy is going to come gunning for them.
Fairy tales begin with "Once upon a time". Southern fairy tales begin with "Y'all ain't gonna believe this s**t!!"

XBL Gamertag: Guy L3D0uch3

If Keanu Reeves had played Thulsa Doom, he would have told Conan to contemplate on the Tree of Whoa..
The Galactus Kid

Guy_LeDouche wrote:
Solarius wrote:ok thx alot i wanted to make sure i wasn't shorting my player or he wasn't abusing me lol

You'll both be abusing each other to some extent. :lol: As GK said, mounted Outrider's are ridiculously powerful. They'll mow through a lot of enemies fairly quickly. But, to some extent, they need to be.

Normally, they're one of the largest things on a battlefield which means any mounted Outrider is walking around with a giant bullseye on them. As one of the largest and more obvious targets on a battlefield, any Outrider is in for a world of punishment. While an Outrider's bonuses will definately be high, they're going to need it. The enemy is going to come gunning for them.

THIS!!!

Return to “Splicers®”