Caffeine+lack of sleep+youtube = The Pit!

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

9voltkilowatt
Adventurer

Caffeine+lack of sleep+youtube = The Pit!

Unread post by 9voltkilowatt »

Ok, I'm writing this at 5 in the morning so please excuse all the horrible grammar and sopyt but one crazy assed idea came to me while watching these 2 music videos on youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52xoRLh2dWw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGCyNOleWbU

while watching those I started to envision a new region and just wanted to get some ideas written down before i forgot them. Granted what i have so far isnt ground breaking but im picturing a fairly odd new setting that can be slotted right into any pre-existing campaign.

------------------------------------------------------

an area thats the remains of a failed house, a fledgling community that was over run by its own creations

survivors and later occupants have undergone rapid cellular mutation creating atleast 2 distinct seintent races - Bio freaks (those that have mutated in entirly random ways) and the <NEED NAME> (a distinct new off shoot of humanity, starts with a preset list of modifications but can gain further by returning to the Pit to spend time in contact with the "One Life".

The One Life - a Deity concept that has grown amongst Pit dwellers, most view it as the source of life, love ad safety. the name is also used to refer to the giant cavern spanning organism(s) from which all Pit dwellers are spawned.

the cavern system has become an almost entirely alien landscape where creatures roam freely and life is cheap and yet precious. visitors would find themselves surrounded by a vast array of flora and fauna that can catch even the grizzled survivors of this world off guard (good place to put all those weird and kooky creations im sure most of you have :) ).in essence, the pit is undergoing its own micro version of what the earth went through to get us where we are today ...just at a breakneck speed.

races/creatures originating from here would also be an ideal solution for those wanting to add psionics to their game as the rate of birth and death in such a relatively confined area would likely be enough to reach the "potential" for such an event

...and lets not forget that all that rapid evolution has probably spawned more then a few creatures that could have what would be easily mistaken for super powers :)

please keep in mind that these are barely lucid notes written by a semi-conscious mad man...

Return to “Splicers®”