The Great House Espada

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MethosDarkblade
Wanderer
Comment: The Dark General of the Apocalypse and the right hand man to the Horseman of Death

The Great House Espada

Unread post by MethosDarkblade »

This is my first attempt at something for Splicers, I'm still working on the new OCCs that are unique to this house.

The House of Blades

Known as the House of Blades, The Great House Espada is a small house with power that they do not advertize. Though many of the recruits are from two nearby retro villages, the traditions of the great house are passed from parent to child. The majority of the soldiers live within a mountain fortress that towers above the jungle foliage. They have called the mountain fortress Tizona.

Because they are located in the middle of a jungle, House Espada has gained much in the way of genetic engineering, using the natural and alien plant and animal life of the jungle to construct new and improved biotechnology. The end result, House Espada possesses two new weapons in the fight against the machine. The first are the Pride Lords. These warriors are used for jungle warfare against the machine and are slowly reducing the number of pack masters within the Great House. Though many Pack Masters and Falconers feel a sense of impending doom for their style of warrior, Warlord Porfedio has decreed that these two dwindling warriors will be revitalized with new blood as he feels the number of both of these worthy warriors should be higher. But the end result is that Falconers and Pack Masters have slowly begun to die out for the much more impressive Tigres and their Pride Lord masters.

The second new warrior to come out of great house is the use of Animal Biotics. The head Librarian has instituted a program under the watchful eyes of Warlord Porfedio to create animal/human hybrids. These new Biotic warriors may become larger or smaller than their animal brethren and surprisingly has natural abilities that cannot be duplicated into any other Biotic (Animal Psionics). These random x-factors allow the librarian to create a second-class citizen among the populous that could be exploited. However, Warlord Porfedio prefers to allow these new warriors to gain independence through warfare and any Animal Biotic that performs its duty with integrity and honor will be allowed full citizenship without prejudice. Though only a handful have been allowed this honor, it is still a worthy carrot to prod these animals into destroying the machine. (See Animal Biotics, coming soon on how to create these unique style of warriors)

Despite being in the jungle, the great house has made many allies and has shared some of its secrets with two great houses in particular. In exchange for continued supplies for their growing army, including food and biotechnology, Warlord Porfedio has given up his house’s designs for the Pride Lord to Barren Marsh and to Achilles. These two great houses do not utilize the Pride Lords in the same capacity as Espada’s Pride Lords but both houses agree to help Espada in a time of need and to prevent other houses looking at this great house as a target for conquest. This has worked well for several years. What Barren Marsh and Achilles do not know is that Espada has perfected the Animal Biotic and the warriors available are almost twice what everyone believes.

If there is one house that the Espada despise, it is House Paladin. Though the Great House Paladin barely acknowledges the Espada’s existence, the Espada have begun to conduct raids on the great house, using their own Skin Jobs to infiltrate and destroy supply lines. If Paladin were to figure out that the Espada have been conducting these raids, even with the added Animal Biotics, the Espada would still have an uphill battle as the Paladin forces are still stronger.

If there are any weaknesses in Espada, it is the reduced number of gardeners living in the great house (only 12 in great house, all stationed at the mountain fortress of Tizona) and the lack of superior airborne biotechnology. Archangels are at a distinct disadvantage in the jungle as are war mounts like the Zypher and the Draco. Only Falconers are useful enough to be used in the jungle environment. Although they do exist in the great house, their numbers are far lower than any other house. What they lose in air superiority, they make up for it in amphibious assaults. The jungle in which they inhabit has numerous rivers, ponds, and even a beachfront to the great ocean. In fact, Espada has some of the best amphibious warriors in the world. They have sent several warriors to other houses as trainers for amphibious assaults. To this day, only Achilles has taken their training to heart.

(More to come later)
Methos Darkblade

If you smell who the rat is cooking.

Super or otherwise, you are just a man, while I am a God!
-Darkseid

That was fairly ruthless father. I hope I made you proud.
-Aqualad

Always better to crash the mode
-Impulse
krispy
Hero
Comment: Luck favors the prepared

Re: The Great House Espada

Unread post by krispy »

good start. i like how you have incorporated the home brew H.Paladin into the story.

i am interested to see the many unique O.C.C.s of the House in the Pride Lord, Tigres & Animal Biotics
connecting the dots
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Looks good keep it comming.
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I like it. Are you ready to post more new material?
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
MethosDarkblade
Wanderer
Comment: The Dark General of the Apocalypse and the right hand man to the Horseman of Death

Unfortunately I've been dealing with unemployment and eviction so much if the work on the splicers material has been sidelined (including a major update to the Tigres).
Methos Darkblade

-Darkseid

-Aqualad

-Impulse
Aramanthus
Monk

I understand. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I know things will improve.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
MethosDarkblade
Wanderer

In the next few days, I'll be unveiling major updates not only for the house but the pride lords and tigres and the introduction to the Animal Biotics.
Methos Darkblade

-Darkseid

-Aqualad

-Impulse
Aramanthus
Monk

Sounds great. I know we are all looking forward to seeing new things.

HH....FIE

Return to “Splicers®”