Kali's Dakini

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

krispy
Hero
Comment: Luck favors the prepared

Kali's Dakini

Unread post by krispy »

This is something that I have been stewing over for a while now and considered if for the Meal Storm Comp but decided to scrap that thought and post the raw idea for you

Tell me what you think of the general idea & I will expand on it

Kali’s Dakini…The Death Weavers….the Diamond Back (nickname from Splicers)

Kali is one twisted personality and it is reflected in this nightmare factory

The Dakini is a 45 ft long 3ft diameter snake that has the scaled body of a snake (diamond shape scales) made from composite armor with a high tech version of the legendary Damascus Steel

This sleek killer robot was built to stalk/haunt the ruined cities of this planet. Not only is she a perfect stalker and ambush hunter, she also has another purpose

Weapons & abilities:

Power Cells: Due to the shape of the robot, knowing where to place the power source was an interesting decision. There are 4 power cells built into the design but only one is active at one time.

One power cell is within the head of the Dakini as a last resort backup while the other 3 are placed through the length of the robot (1 in every 10 ft section of the robot) with the power cell in the first 10 feet of the body being the primary

Shed Skin: though the Dakini cannot literally shed her skin small channels along the edges of her diamond scales can secrete a sticky substance that allows her to camouflage her body by allowing things to stick to her

Mother snake: There are ports near the base of her neck to which cable snakes can exit…she can store up to 8 cable snakes within her

Cheese Grater: All the scales on her body can tilt so the point of the diamond armor plates acts like a claw

Spitting Cobra: much like the fabled snake the Dakini Spits “Shiva’s Blood” and can also inject it with her venom fangs with each bite

Shredder Teeth: in the real world snakes have a second row of teeth that assist them in consuming their prey. This second pair of teeth are called “Pterygoid Teeth” which basically allow the snake to crawl over the victim allowing it to consume it…..for the Dakini the Pterygoid teeth can do this but also slide back and forth rapidly (like a electric knife for Sunday roast) to shred any flesh that she has latched onto

Death Weaver: not only is this robot a skilled killer she also has another purpose. Where the digestive system of a real snake would be the Dakini has the facilities to convert unfortunate souls to Necro Bot, Necro Borgs and maybe ….maybe the Mecha Zombie - http://madjaguar.deviantart.com/gallery ... 4#/d2qkeuj

(I hope you don’t mind Premier but I love that pic and ive wanted to know more about the Mecha Zombie for ages and I thought that maybe the Dakini could also make them….in limited numbers)

Rough scale – she can make one of these necro’s per hour. She can also eat 3 people at a time but that affects her D/P/S bonuses …..

There are a few more weapons systems I have to iron out but this is the main concept

Hope you like and I will expand on it
connecting the dots
krispy
Hero

Re: Kali's Dakini

Unread post by krispy »

Im sorry :-( not one of my best performances. im glad i didnt invest anymore time into this bomb :puke:

trust me im :nh: & :mad: with myself :thwak: stupid brain dont do that again

sometimes you strike out....coming from Australia i dont know what a good batting average is in baseball but i hope its a little above average
connecting the dots
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

You still can. The idea is sound.

Looks like some of the proto-type rescue robot snakes just on the bad guy side.
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

abtex wrote:You still can. The idea is sound.

Looks like some of the proto-type rescue robot snakes just on the bad guy side.

thanks mate, but i think i might scrap her and salvage the parts towards other ideas
connecting the dots
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Is there any progress here?
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE

Return to “Splicers®”