Thumper Bio-Grenade Launcher

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Wooly
Adventurer

Unread post by Wooly »

Intro:
I just picked up Splicers through the Christmas in July offer. I really should have picked it up sooner but I always dismissed it minor unsupported game that should have been a Rifts Dimension book. How wrong I was! It was the Rifter articles in #50 and #51 that made me curious. Well since I am about to be laid off this week (just for a few weeks such is the fickle nature of construction work) I have prepared a delightful little toy for you all to use in your Splicers games. Please note I have never played Splicers but I am well versed with the Palladium system. I have always had a fondness for grenade launchers and shotguns because I like their versatile nature both in real life and in game play. Some of the rules below are based on the Sovietski S-12/S-13P Змей “Zmey” Dragon Assault Shotgun which I created (and didn't completely finish) for Rifts. You can view it here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=114767

The Thumper is named for the distinctive thumping sound it makes when fired. This is a heavy eight barreled muzzle loading bio-weapon that uses compressed air to lob grenades. Air is stored in an a expandable internal bladder and discharged in a powerful blast to hurl grenades farther then they can be thrown. A series of membranes and cartilage pistons function as a compressor to keep the air bladder full. The organisms barrels will expand and contract to form a nearly airtight seal around any matter inserted into it. This allows the launcher to fire a large variety of bio grenades and special rounds designed for it. May be used as a hand held weapon (13,000 Credit value) or as an integral host armor weapon (launcher alone 10 Bio-E points). A favorite of Roughneck infantrymen this versatile weapon is usually employed in lieu of another heavy weapon. It is useful for less than lethal (riot) situations, area denial, marking target, and close quarter battle operations.

Blooper under barrel Bio-Grenade Launcher
The Thumper is also grown as a smaller single barrel organism which is suitable for mounting under the barrel of other rifle like bio-weapons, it is known as the Blooper. Grenade effects remain the same but range is reduced to 600 ft (unless noted as less). The smaller size of the air bladder and biological compressor means it must pause 3 melee actions between shots. Takes 1 melee action to load.

Mega Damage: By type of round. See below

Rate of Fire: One or two grenades may be fired per melee attack

Maximum Effective Range:800 feet (243.84 meters)

Payload: 8 individually loaded barrels. The air bladder automatically refills while firing. But if fully discharged rapidly (discharging full payload in 1 melee round) it will take 1D4+1 melee actions to refill the bladder. Each barrel takes 1 melee action to load.

Bonus: None

Bio-E Cost: 10 Bio-E points as a integral host armor weapon. Grenades must be purchased separately.

Prerequisite: None

Ammuniton Types:

Chig Grenade: As described on pg. 137 Splicers RPG. Ignore maximum effective thrown range.

Screamer Grenade: As described on pg. 104 Splicers RPG. Ignore effective thrown range. Receives no additional bonus to strike as it is not thrown weapon.

Bio-Incendiary Grenade: "Its shake and bake, and I helped!" A thick, dark brown chitinous orb (the size of a large grapefruit) filled with a volatile bio-chemical that reacts with oxygen on impact. 1D12 M.D. to a 10 ft (3.04 m) radius per grenade. A target hit will continue to burn taking an additional 1D12 M.D. per melee round lasting 1D6 melee rounds or until it is extinguished. Anything or anyone that attempts to running through the flames or touches the flames will receive 1D8 M.D. Water will not dowse the incendiary compound (though flame retardant chemicals will). The only way to dowse the incendiary compound is to roll in dirt or sand for one entire melee round (take double damage that round) or to be dowsed with fire retardant chemicals which puts the flames out in 1 melee action.

Chemical Grenades: As described on pg. 100 Splicers RPG. Any chemical used in the Chemical Sprayer maybe contained in a softball sized "puff ball" spore that detonates on impact with the target (or ground, building, etc) spraying an aerosol form of the selected chemical producing the listed weapons effect in a 10 ft radius. Cost is 3 Bio-E points per grenade. Sleep, stench, stick-um and tearing chemical grenades are very useful as a less than lethal weapon against other humans.

Light "Bulb": "Let there be light!" Appears as semi-transparent plant bulb filled with liquid. On impact this grenade filled with genetically engineered bioluminescent plankton that explodes into a glowing goo, bathing a 30 ft radius in bright light for 1D4+1 minutes. Various colors are available for signaling and marketing targets. A broad leafy plant based parachute can be attached by stalks and is deployed when the grenade is 600 feet (182.88 m) in the air (also triggering the chemical reaction). This allows the light bulb to effectively be used like a parachute flare (ideal for signaling or illuminating night operations). With parachute deployed the glow bulb loiters in the air for 1D3+1 minutes or until shot down.

Smoky Ink Grenade: "Man! I can't see sh*t." A baseball sized semi-transparent sphere filled with thick, viscous, black liquid. On impact with the target a oily vapor is released similar to a light fog. Reducing visibility in a 30 ft radius to 200 ft for humans and organic optics (-1 to strike, parry and dodge). However the mist sticks to glass, metal and ceramics of robots rapidly (within 2 melee actions) and builds up to the point that the robot's optics are useless and the machine must rely on non-visual sensors. Reduce all combat bonuses by half. or spend 1d4 melee actions every round wiping the inky coating off.

Thorn round: "I like to keep this handy...for close encounters." A self contained tubular round which looks like 3 x 3 inch, thick dark green rose stem, replete with tiny thorns. Inside is a bio-explosive primer and charge. The round is detonated by the compressed air of the Thumper impacting against a membrane in the base of the round. A spray of thorn flechettes are fired in a thigh cone. 20 Flechettes per shell. 4D6 M.D. Range: 200 ft Will spray a 3 ft area (Patterning rule may be applied).

Solid Slug: A "live" round, this creature resembles a giant (the size of a mans forearm) slug its head covered in semi-conical chitinous armor. The compressed air of the Thumper stimulates the explosive flesh in the tail of the creature causing it to explode launching its gory remains and its thickly armored head into the target. 5D6 M.D. Range: 400 ft. (Knockdown rule may be applied but the Thumper/Blooper fire a large enough round that it can knockdown creatures the size of a draft horse or smaller).

Optional ammunition rules:

Patterning rule: Shotgun ammunition such as buckshot, pellets, and flechettes spread out as they reach maximum range. Every 50 ft of range subtract 1D4-1 S.D.C./M.D.C from the damage roll of a successful hit to take this patterning into account. Modern buckshot patterns at roughly 1” per 3 ft (1 yard). But this is highly variable based on how the ammunition is loaded (i.e. type of powder and wadding), barrel length, choke diameter.Game masters use your discretion.

Knockdown rule: When the slug shell is used, man sized targets and smaller must roll a D20 against the attacker's roll at a -6 penalty. They must surpass the attacker's strike roll or be knocked down, suffering the loss of initiative and one attack.
“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” - C.S. Lewis
NMI
OLD ONE

Re: Thumper Bio-Grenade Launcher

Unread post by NMI »

nice! I likes it
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

I does too.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Guy_LeDouche »

Quality work. I plan on shamelessly stealing this and putting it to use.

Glad to see another Splicer convert. Welcome aboard! TONS of excellent, fan-made items on the boards, be sure to look around.
Fairy tales begin with "Once upon a time". Southern fairy tales begin with "Y'all ain't gonna believe this s**t!!"

XBL Gamertag: Guy L3D0uch3

If Keanu Reeves had played Thulsa Doom, he would have told Conan to contemplate on the Tree of Whoa..
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

'Blooper'...even though I know it's the nickname of a genuinely lethal single-shot weapon capable of blowing the snot out of anybody caught in its blast area, I still have to fight off a smirk and a giggle when I hear that. :lol:

-Up to when I get blown away by it... Failed my roll versus Humor Factor :fool: :shock:

Good work there.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Wooly
Adventurer

Unread post by Wooly »

Submitted to the Rifter!
“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” - C.S. Lewis
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

Very nice Wooly.

@taalismn.....Yeah the name made me laugh too :lol: until you're on the receiving end
The Dragon Has Spoken
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I agree with everyone. This is a great creation. Please keep them coming.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Wooly
Adventurer

Unread post by Wooly »

New Ammunition Types:

Bio Luminescent paint rounds. Both normal paint and the Glow in the dark vareities for marking targets.

Grappling Hook: A reinforced bone grapnel with a sharp point designed to stick into soft material like earth or hook onto protruding objects to aid in climbing. Often attached to a spool of super strong monofilament line the grappling hook allows can be used for vertical or horizontal climbing. Range is 300 ft.

Fire Suppressant Foam round

Air Bursting counter defilade round.

Spiders Web net round.
This stick ball of super strong spider silk like substance explodes on impact with the target any hard surface and covers a 3 meter diameter circle on the ground or wall. While the web round does no damage it immobilizes a man sized or slightly larger target for 1D4+1 melee rounds in a sticky web of 2D8+4 MDC spider silk. Only explosives of flame based weapons will completely remove the web. Shooting ones way out with a kinetic energy (rail gun) or laser weapons is rather futile as the web covers a large surface area.

Complete write up to follow.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

How about a grenade that causes at least low grade earthquakes?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

Submitted to the Rifter!
wow
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
Wooly
Adventurer

Unread post by Wooly »

ZINO wrote:Submitted to the Rifter!
wow

Do you mock me sir?
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Wooly wrote:Submitted to the Rifter!

You did said that. Aug 07, 2012.

Any news?
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
Wooly
Adventurer

Unread post by Wooly »

abtex wrote:

You did said that. Aug 07, 2012.

Any news?

None. :(
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

maybe it was a different Wooly. up 9 messages.

sorry if i am wrong :thwak: :thwak: :frust:
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
Wooly
Adventurer

Unread post by Wooly »

abtex wrote:

maybe it was a different Wooly. up 9 messages.

sorry if i am wrong :thwak: :thwak: :frust:

I have no idea what you are trying to communicate friend.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

How about a grenade that sends out a LARGE amount of foam to protect the target of the grenade instead of harming it,making it a "bumper " grenade?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Tangler: upon impact/detonation, the seed-pod blooms into a large mass of thorny tenacle-vines that restrict & crush the target. If used as a land-mine like ordinance, the plant goes for the nearest movement source within 1 meter.

Skunker: Similar to the Bio-Luminescent paint rounds, these ammo pods splash a foul smelling substance upon impact. Good for combat training, playing pranks or as a warning to others.
Last edited by BookWyrm on Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Wooly
Adventurer

Unread post by Wooly »

Love the grenade ideas guys!

Here is the piece Chuck did to illustrate this weapon: https://anonmgur.com/up/5c6cf15cce10756 ... cc4b8b.jpg
The Reaper Man
D-Bee

Unread post by The Reaper Man »

After reading this and looking at the concept art for it. Well anyone who has played Metal Gear Solid 4 should know what I am thinking.

Archangel + this weapon = Raging Raven
As the great Premier decreed, "Go out among the unknowing and spread the word. THE SPLICE MUST FLOW"

If I've posted it by all means use it just tell everyone "yeah this was made by that guy who wrote that one thing" or something like that.
BookWyrm
Champion

Chig-Bolas (better known as the 'Double-thump'): A crafty Geneticist came up with this ammo, a pair of Chig-Grenades attached to each other by a thin but stretching line of sticky spider-silk-steel. The ammo unit appears as two Chig-Bombs pressed together. Once launched, the two separate in-flight, connected by the strand which stretches out to wrap around the target. The Chigs detonate on impact with either the target or each other.
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
darkguyver
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: I have writing disability so if need me retype please let me known thank for read and posting please be respectful

Unread post by darkguyver »

Wooly wrote:Intro:
I just picked up Splicers through the Christmas in July offer. I really should have picked it up sooner but I always dismissed it minor unsupported game that should have been a Rifts Dimension book. How wrong I was! It was the Rifter articles in #50 and #51 that made me curious. Well since I am about to be laid off this week (just for a few weeks such is the fickle nature of construction work) I have prepared a delightful little toy for you all to use in your Splicers games. Please note I have never played Splicers but I am well versed with the Palladium system. I have always had a fondness for grenade launchers and shotguns because I like their versatile nature both in real life and in game play. Some of the rules below are based on the Sovietski S-12/S-13P Змей “Zmey” Dragon Assault Shotgun which I created (and didn't completely finish) for Rifts. You can view it here: http://forums.palladium-megaverse.com/v ... 8&t=114767

The Thumper is named for the distinctive thumping sound it makes when fired. This is a heavy eight barreled muzzle loading bio-weapon that uses compressed air to lob grenades. Air is stored in an a expandable internal bladder and discharged in a powerful blast to hurl grenades farther then they can be thrown. A series of membranes and cartilage pistons function as a compressor to keep the air bladder full. The organisms barrels will expand and contract to form a nearly airtight seal around any matter inserted into it. This allows the launcher to fire a large variety of bio grenades and special rounds designed for it. May be used as a hand held weapon (13,000 Credit value) or as an integral host armor weapon (launcher alone 10 Bio-E points). A favorite of Roughneck infantrymen this versatile weapon is usually employed in lieu of another heavy weapon. It is useful for less than lethal (riot) situations, area denial, marking target, and close quarter battle operations.

The Thumper is also grown as a smaller single barrel organism which is suitable for mounting under the barrel of other rifle like bio-weapons, it is known as the Blooper. Grenade effects remain the same but range is reduced to 600 ft (unless noted as less). The smaller size of the air bladder and biological compressor means it must pause 3 melee actions between shots. Takes 1 melee action to load.

Payload: 8 individually loaded barrels. The air bladder automatically refills while firing. But if fully discharged rapidly (discharging full payload in 1 melee round) it will take 1D4+1 melee actions to refill the bladder. Each barrel takes 1 melee action to load.

Bio-E Cost: 10 Bio-E points as a integral host armor weapon. Grenades must be purchased separately.

Ammuniton Types:

Chig Grenade: As described on pg. 137 Splicers RPG. Ignore maximum effective thrown range.

Screamer Grenade: As described on pg. 104 Splicers RPG. Ignore effective thrown range. Receives no additional bonus to strike as it is not thrown weapon.

Bio-Incendiary Grenade: "Its shake and bake, and I helped!" A thick, dark brown chitinous orb (the size of a large grapefruit) filled with a volatile bio-chemical that reacts with oxygen on impact. 1D12 M.D. to a 10 ft (3.04 m) radius per grenade. A target hit will continue to burn taking an additional 1D12 M.D. per melee round lasting 1D6 melee rounds or until it is extinguished. Anything or anyone that attempts to running through the flames or touches the flames will receive 1D8 M.D. Water will not dowse the incendiary compound (though flame retardant chemicals will). The only way to dowse the incendiary compound is to roll in dirt or sand for one entire melee round (take double damage that round) or to be dowsed with fire retardant chemicals which puts the flames out in 1 melee action.

Chemical Grenades: As described on pg. 100 Splicers RPG. Any chemical used in the Chemical Sprayer maybe contained in a softball sized "puff ball" spore that detonates on impact with the target (or ground, building, etc) spraying an aerosol form of the selected chemical producing the listed weapons effect in a 10 ft radius. Cost is 3 Bio-E points per grenade. Sleep, stench, stick-um and tearing chemical grenades are very useful as a less than lethal weapon against other humans.

Light "Bulb": "Let there be light!" Appears as semi-transparent plant bulb filled with liquid. On impact this grenade filled with genetically engineered bioluminescent plankton that explodes into a glowing goo, bathing a 30 ft radius in bright light for 1D4+1 minutes. Various colors are available for signaling and marketing targets. A broad leafy plant based parachute can be attached by stalks and is deployed when the grenade is 600 feet (182.88 m) in the air (also triggering the chemical reaction). This allows the light bulb to effectively be used like a parachute flare (ideal for signaling or illuminating night operations). With parachute deployed the glow bulb loiters in the air for 1D3+1 minutes or until shot down.

Smoky Ink Grenade: "Man! I can't see sh*t." A baseball sized semi-transparent sphere filled with thick, viscous, black liquid. On impact with the target a oily vapor is released similar to a light fog. Reducing visibility in a 30 ft radius to 200 ft for humans and organic optics (-1 to strike, parry and dodge). However the mist sticks to glass, metal and ceramics of robots rapidly (within 2 melee actions) and builds up to the point that the robot's optics are useless and the machine must rely on non-visual sensors. Reduce all combat bonuses by half. or spend 1d4 melee actions every round wiping the inky coating off.

Thorn round: "I like to keep this handy...for close encounters." A self contained tubular round which looks like 3 x 3 inch, thick dark green rose stem, replete with tiny thorns. Inside is a bio-explosive primer and charge. The round is detonated by the compressed air of the Thumper impacting against a membrane in the base of the round. A spray of thorn flechettes are fired in a thigh cone. 20 Flechettes per shell. 4D6 M.D. Range: 200 ft Will spray a 3 ft area (Patterning rule may be applied).

Solid Slug: A "live" round, this creature resembles a giant (the size of a mans forearm) slug its head covered in semi-conical chitinous armor. The compressed air of the Thumper stimulates the explosive flesh in the tail of the creature causing it to explode launching its gory remains and its thickly armored head into the target. 5D6 M.D. Range: 400 ft. (Knockdown rule may be applied but the Thumper/Blooper fire a large enough round that it can knockdown creatures the size of a draft horse or smaller).

Patterning rule: Shotgun ammunition such as buckshot, pellets, and flechettes spread out as they reach maximum range. Every 50 ft of range subtract 1D4-1 S.D.C./M.D.C from the damage roll of a successful hit to take this patterning into account. Modern buckshot patterns at roughly 1” per 3 ft (1 yard). But this is highly variable based on how the ammunition is loaded (i.e. type of powder and wadding), barrel length, choke diameter.Game masters use your discretion.

Knockdown rule: When the slug shell is used, man sized targets and smaller must roll a D20 against the attacker's roll at a -6 penalty. They must surpass the attacker's strike roll or be knocked down, suffering the loss of initiative and one attack.

Real like this can see it as side mount on Swarm lord armor
Image/Image

Megaversal Ambassador®
darkguyver
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: I have writing disability so if need me retype please let me known thank for read and posting please be respectful

Unread post by darkguyver »

Wooly wrote:Intro:
I just picked up Splicers through the Christmas in July offer. I really should have picked it up sooner but I always dismissed it minor unsupported game that should have been a Rifts Dimension book. How wrong I was! It was the Rifter articles in #50 and #51 that made me curious. Well since I am about to be laid off this week (just for a few weeks such is the fickle nature of construction work) I have prepared a delightful little toy for you all to use in your Splicers games. Please note I have never played Splicers but I am well versed with the Palladium system. I have always had a fondness for grenade launchers and shotguns because I like their versatile nature both in real life and in game play. Some of the rules below are based on the Sovietski S-12/S-13P Змей “Zmey” Dragon Assault Shotgun which I created (and didn't completely finish) for Rifts. You can view it here: http://forums.palladium-megaverse.com/v ... 8&t=114767

Ammuniton Types:

Real like this can see it as side mount on Swarm lord armor
Image/Image

Megaversal Ambassador®
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

Anybody ever think of a cement grenade? Basically a grenade made of bio-technology created cement.
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
BookWyrm
Champion

abe wrote:Anybody ever think of a cement grenade? Basically a grenade made of bio-technology created cement.

A variation on the 'Light "Bulb" ' round, but instead of the paint, the chemical spreads fast & solidifies upon impact. The round itself is an opaque gray instead of semi-transparent. When used in conjunction with the parachute, a mid-air burst covers a large area (10ft sq.) in the 'plant-crete'; anything or anyone caught in the splash-down suffers a -10% on movement as it hardens.
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

How about a rust grenade for use against the machine?
BookWyrm
Champion

abe wrote:How about a rust grenade for use against the machine?

As above, but instead the rust-colored bulb spreads an oxidizing organic 'goo' that accelerates oxidation & rusting on metals, especially on the forces of The Machine. The exact process is a closely guarded secret among the Gardeners. If the grenade bursts mid-air, the 'goo' spreads over a 15 ft area, inflicting up to 10% additional damage per round until the target(s) fall apart.
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Wooly
Adventurer

Unread post by Wooly »

What a fun thread to revisit! I carried a M203 grenade launcher for a time as an infantryman. They are devastating weapons that go from great to excellent in the hands of a skilled grenadier who can lob grenades at an angle into hardened positions.

A “carom” round for banked ricochet shots would be the cats pajamas!

An eye ball “camera grenade” round that can be lobbed into a room allowing the operator to get a glimpse into an area coupled with a motion activated or command detonated bio-explosive.

A grenade filled with “toe popper” submunitions that can be scattered over a target for early warning , arena denial and minor damage to cripple extremities/ damage external sensors.

Counter Defilade round. A powerful fragmentary round that can be automatically set to detonate over or inside a target area. A laser is used to “paint” the target area and the round will automatically explode when it reaches that point. A h
Wooly
Adventurer

Unread post by Wooly »

I’ve re-hosted the Thumper illustration Chuck Walton did on comission for me at GenCon 2015.

https://ibb.co/hj2BfS
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

I remember that, very cool indeed.
The Dragon Has Spoken
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

How about a goofy grenade to slow down living enemies?
BookWyrm
Champion

abe wrote:How about a goofy grenade to slow down living enemies?

Another variant of the 'cement' grenade, the 'goofy' performs like it's predecessor only the material doesn't harden completely, becoming a thick, brown-colored goop that hinders movement but doesn't stop it completely (-5 penalty). The material is colored brown to differentiate itself from the grey colored version. The prototype of this grenade was developed by a Geneticist wanting to play a bad prank on a Roughneck that made the comment "I'd rather wade through Dracos droppings than be assigned weapons-testing." Needless to say, the accompanying scent was later removed.
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

How about combination Grenades, like say a combination cement and rust grenade? Or a grumpier grenade that makes machines attack each other?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

BookWyrm wrote:
abe wrote:How about a goofy grenade to slow down living enemies?

Another variant of the 'cement' grenade, the 'goofy' performs like it's predecessor only the material doesn't harden completely, becoming a thick, brown-colored goop that hinders movement but doesn't stop it completely (-5 penalty). The material is colored brown to differentiate itself from the grey colored version. The prototype of this grenade was developed by a Geneticist wanting to play a bad prank on a Roughneck that made the comment "I'd rather wade through Dracos droppings than be assigned weapons-testing." Needless to say, the accompanying scent was later removed.

A nice variant would be the “grumpier” grenade that make organic creatures cranky taword the machine.
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
taalismn
Priest

I think NEXUS's various personalities have agreed amongst themselves to simply kill anybody /thing making lame puns.
It's an autocorrect/grammar-check thing.

Most of the Houses, the smart ones at least, have agreed to similar policies, since miscommunication in the field can lead to death, so they don't tolerate lame wordplay either. If you're lucky, you might wind up as a biotic without any vocal cords. If you're unlucky, you might find yourself staked out for NEXUS to use for target practice or the makings of a necrobot.

Splicers is that sort of world.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

When I said “creatures” I meant non-mammal creatures as they are immune to nanoplauge!
taalismn
Priest

It doesn't matter; if something is provoked to attack NEXUS and poses a threat, NEXUS. regardless of the personality, will destroy that something by one means or another,
If it is shown that the attack was deliberately provoked by another agency, such as one using a device, biological or technological, NEXUS will go after that agency/person and destroy them.
Getting rid of a lame punster is just another plus to the final equation sum 'eliminate annoyance' for NEXUS, whose original programming was, after all, for vermin destruction.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

Wooly wrote:
ZINO wrote:Submitted to the Rifter!
wow

Do you mock me sir?

NEVER !!MY GOOD SIR
LOVE YOUR WORK I AM HUMBLE BY IT
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

Upgrade to the cement grenade:earthquake grenade! It completely solidifies in flight and causes a 3-4 richter earthquake in a 2-12 mile radius of its landing zone!
taalismn
Priest

abe wrote:Upgrade to the cement grenade:earthquake grenade! It completely solidifies in flight and causes a 3-4 richter earthquake in a 2-12 mile radius of its landing zone!

So...even supposing there's somehow a mechanism in the Splicers universe that could pack an earthquake effect in a roughly 40mm -sized projectile(there isn't), you'd deploy a WMD with a 2d6 mile radius area of effect within 800 ft of your position?

Can you tell what's wrong with this picture?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Locked for Necro Posting!
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again

Return to “Splicers®”