New Stuff!!!

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: New Stuff!!!

Unread post by Guy_LeDouche »

Ziggurat the Eternal wrote: It's a fair darn bit too. The part I was worried about it about half a gig. Of plain text files. many, many plain text files.

Man, Zig, I wish there was something I could say about this. The only thing that springs to mind is "That sucks". Not much consolation, I'm sure.
Fairy tales begin with "Once upon a time". Southern fairy tales begin with "Y'all ain't gonna believe this s**t!!"

XBL Gamertag: Guy L3D0uch3

If Keanu Reeves had played Thulsa Doom, he would have told Conan to contemplate on the Tree of Whoa..
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

I got it all back. minor exception of a few files. But i can rebuild. I have the insanity.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:Worst part was, I have the only database I know about with all of the fan works. And I do mean all of it. From all those old fan sites. You know, the ones that no longer exist? Like geo-cities sites and stuff? Yeah those ones. All that information? Lost. As in no longer exists as far as I can tell.
Care to share copies? via email perhaps?

I misspoke, I don't have all of it. I have what I liked. And I am working on a google files site or whatever it's called. I have about half a gig, but its all in sections, with some items in multiple folders because i have copies in more than one catagory. so it'll be a while.

Lots of the stuff was too lame/bad for me to keep it, though i remember most of it. Most of it way too fanboy and OP. The largest contribution I think I can make is the Big Ef'in Spell Book I have yet to see hosted anywhere since the original site went down, Along with the most comprehensive version of the The Net OCC/RCC Book. Has no less than 3 different takes on jedi lol.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
Witchcraft
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Witchcraft »

Just a quick post to applaud you for your work. Love the stuff I've read. Cheers!
There is no spoon.
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Anything new? I hope there is.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

maybe ill get revamped after the new splicers sourcebook comes out. who knows? I hope i do. I'm kinda Palladium-ed out.

Kirby77
D-Bee

Re: New stuff!!!!!!!!

Unread post by Kirby77 »

Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:nothing like a good old fashioned triple post.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Living Body Armor-Ablative Armor
AKA Shell Suit It should be noted that I do not fully understand the ablative concept, and do not care to look it up.
The newest in a long line of experimental armors, the Shell Suit has shown a lot of progress, and is the first viable subject out of dozens of tests. In fact, it is some of those dozens. When the experts at House Ashe could get any of their projects past the first testing stage, the gave up and tried to start over. A few months later, some one got the idea of gathering all the parts of their previous concepts, and put them into one whole. Mix a bunch of failures together and they will make a success, crazy amiright?
Well it worked, the test armors are still in the experimental phase, but the Regeneration, Growth, and Mod Muscle features have all been proven a success. In fact, some of the features have meshed in unsuspected ways, leading to surprising benefits. One of those ways is the Natural Mobility. Natural Mobility was not engineered into the armor, it was a sideeffect.
The armors' main defense is a quickly growing shell, and to maximize the mobility, the growth areas were limited to ensure there was no overlap, which might severely hamper range of movement. As the major muscle locations were what they needed to protect, they were the obviouse place to start, followed by protecting the internal organs and whatnot. Unfortunately, the enhanced Mod Muscle underlayer had the nasty effect of pulling apart the growth layer. This would actually turn out well. It divided the growth layer along all the lines a human body uses to move. the result is a sculpted suit of armor that looks like a body builder with no skin.
All the growth plates still touch, but in such a way as movement is not hampered at all, and the Mod Mucle further makes enhances mobility by carrying all the weight of the armor.
As it is still an experimental armor, actual protection varies wildly, but the Librarians and Engineers are sure that, when perfected, it will be the best suit of armor available.

MDC Protection Ratings Each location has its own defense rating, and that of its shell on top of it. The shell has double the mdc of the location, and regenerates very fast.Shell=*
Main Body-5d6+30(*=MDCx2) for example, a main body with 35 mdc, would be protected by a shell with 70 mdc.
Head-3d6+20(*=MDCx2)
Arms and Legs-3d6+30(*=MDCx2)
Weight- 15lb naked, 3x when fully armored.
Armor Regeneration- Due to the engineering of the shell, a layer of carapace will be grown, then a layer of growth tissue repeated ad nauseam. This causes a father re-growth cycle, as each layer of growth tissue penetrated will immediately begin regenerating itself, and the carapace, at an astonishing rate, and not just from the bottom up, but every angle.
regenerates 1d6 per melee to the shell, 3d4 per minute to the body. Destroyed shell will be regenerated upon the first bit of mdc being replaced, destroyed limbs will take 12 hours.
Natural Mobility- the armor moves in the perfect range of motion as the human body. No Penalty.
Mod Muscle ExoSkeletal Augment- Raises PS to Splicers PS of 20.
Trade Value- Approx. 50,000 quid.
Some Notes- Due to the complex nature of the armor some enhancements cost more, and others are impossible. This list will be posted later as my brain is dieing from the activity. general notes will be that it costs an extra 5 bio-e per 20 bio-e,or fraction thereof, for any enhancement that would displace the shell, or alter it substantially. Also, the Shell Suit may be change to start with some kind a weapons, like bone spurs, free of cost. i dunno yet.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Thats all for now, my new robots are almost done tho, and I'm still working on my new enhancements. Not sure how I'll finish them tho, as I'm not so hot with enhancements. All commentary welcome.

how much Bio-E does this enhancement cast?
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Sup kirby. Thats a suit of armor. Like dragon scale living armor, if memory serves. Haven't reread it. So no bio-e cost. No idea what to price it as for an enhancement either. But we can start the bidding at 50 bio-e and see how the community feels about it.

Return to “Splicers®”