Kaiju Farm

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

89er
Adventurer

Kaiju Farm

Unread post by 89er »

“Senator Teigs, I respect that you put your House, but you are not the first House we have allowed to this, and you will not be the last. Our Kaiju Farms aka Monster Islands are part of a joint effort by nearly a dozen Houses to produce Siege Mounts, as we are currently calling them, War Mounts created for mass warfare, sieges, and mass destruction. If your House chooses, we can guarantee House Artemis its own Kaiju Farm, complete with two Siege Mounts of your choice. Yes, it will take outrageous amounts of time and resources to create them, but we already are making one. A combination of two giant fossil’s DNA we found, one like a massive gorilla, the other a huge bipedal lizard. So, will you accept?”

A Idea inspired by taalismn, Kaiju Farms are massive mobile submersible Bio-Factories whose purpose is to create Siege Mounts (Working Title). Imagine having Godzilla as a War Mount, along with all he fellow kaiju, but all forged of Splicers-Tech. Now imagine if you could create your own.

Kaiju Farms aka Monster Islands- Holds enough room for the massive Gene-Pools, their caretakers and room on the surface where fully mature Siege Mounts may roam, giving the impression of an island.

Siege Mounts-Gigantic War Mounts who must be piloted like House Artemis’s Kraken. With two humans giving up their humanity to command the beast.

Here’s hoping Slappy reads this and that any one might draw this idea(cough, cough, Premier, cough).
89er
Adventurer

Re: Kaiju Farm

Unread post by 89er »

I just realized, 500th topic, WOOT :D
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Guy_LeDouche »

89er wrote:I just realized, 500th topic, WOOT :D

WOOT indeed!! You should get some chocolate, free appetizers, or something.

Here's 1500 Bio-E, though, to help get the Kaiju Farm going. :D
Fairy tales begin with "Once upon a time". Southern fairy tales begin with "Y'all ain't gonna believe this s**t!!"

XBL Gamertag: Guy L3D0uch3

If Keanu Reeves had played Thulsa Doom, he would have told Conan to contemplate on the Tree of Whoa..
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Now that is a very cool idea. Giant monsters attacking the machines! And having the something like Godzilla as a warmount would be very cool!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

i'd suggest looking to fossil dinosaurs as possible sources of DNA for this. sure, they aren't as large as your thinking, but they'd make great mounts. imagine an armored Seismosaurus with built in heavy artillery cannons. or fast moving T-rex shock troops.. Ankylosaurs would make great tanks...

the house could use DNA extracted from various fossils as a start, mix them with DNA from existing animals to form complete creatures, and then tweak them to produce the mounts.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

oh YEAH....
I'll take some turbo-farting supersonic giant pterodactyls, thank you...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

If you have ideas, post them, for NEXUS will be trembling in their boots.
Aramanthus
Monk

Dual cannon Triceratops could be pretty cool too.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

Would a japanese flavored ghosts town realize they were supposed to yell "godzilla" and then run screaming?
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:Would a japanese flavored ghosts town realize they were supposed to yell "godzilla" and then run screaming?

HAHAHAHA! Then the military will have to muster the obligatory (but useless) counterattack while some tweed wearing scientist comes up with a way to save the day.
Fairy tales begin with "Once upon a time". Southern fairy tales begin with "Y'all ain't gonna believe this s**t!!"

If Keanu Reeves had played Thulsa Doom, he would have told Conan to contemplate on the Tree of Whoa..
taalismn
Priest

Guy_LeDouche wrote:
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:Would a japanese flavored ghosts town realize they were supposed to yell "godzilla" and then run screaming?

HAHAHAHA! Then the military will have to muster the obligatory (but useless) counterattack while some tweed wearing scientist comes up with a way to save the day.

Android animatronic drones with bad lip-synching, and SDC tanks and equipment come out from the robot factories under the city.....

Hmmmm.....nuclear metabolism for extra-large warsteeds? Must eat a set amount of fissionable material every six months or a weight of robot powerplants in that same time frame? Drawbacks include radiation hazards and detectable with geiger counters?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

taalismn wrote:Android animatronic drones with bad lip-synching, and SDC tanks and equipment come out from the robot factories under the city.....

AHH!! Help us, Jet Jaguar!

taalismn wrote:Hmmmm.....nuclear metabolism for extra-large warsteeds? Must eat a set amount of fissionable material every six months or a weight of robot powerplants in that same time frame? Drawbacks include radiation hazards and detectable with geiger counters?

A good idea. In some of the later Godzilla movies (starting with 1984, I think), Godzilla makes it a point of attacking a nuclear power plant and a Soviet nuclear submarine to somehow feed on the f material. Of course, much like you said, this brings in a host of problems. In the unaltered 1954 original, the Big G is highly radioactive, causing sickness in the local population and poisoning water sources up to a quarter m :D ile away. As if the atomic breath wasn't bad enough.

Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

89er wrote:“Senator Teigs, I respect that you put your House, but you are not the first House we have allowed to this, and you will not be the last. Our Kaiju Farms aka Monster Islands are part of a joint effort by nearly a dozen Houses to produce Siege Mounts, as we are currently calling them, War Mounts created for mass warfare, sieges, and mass destruction. If your House chooses, we can guarantee House Artemis its own Kaiju Farm, complete with two Siege Mounts of your choice. Yes, it will take outrageous amounts of time and resources to create them, but we already are making one. A combination of two giant fossil’s DNA we found, one like a massive gorilla, the other a huge bipedal lizard. So, will you accept?”

A Idea inspired by taalismn, Kaiju Farms are massive mobile submersible Bio-Factories whose purpose is to create Siege Mounts (Working Title). Imagine having Godzilla as a War Mount, along with all he fellow kaiju, but all forged of Splicers-Tech. Now imagine if you could create your own.

Kaiju Farms aka Monster Islands- Holds enough room for the massive Gene-Pools, their caretakers and room on the surface where fully mature Siege Mounts may roam, giving the impression of an island.

Siege Mounts-Gigantic War Mounts who must be piloted like House Artemis’s Kraken. With two humans giving up their humanity to command the beast.

Here’s hoping Slappy reads this and that any one might draw this idea(cough, cough, Premier, cough).

My senses were buzzing and now I know why, smile! What a masterpiece of an idea 89er & Taalisman!! I just fwd the link to Slappy ASAP to see just what Sen. Tiegs has to say about it :D . Slappy ‘s been chained to the table typing away as of late so I gotta see if he ‘s doing OK. I wish we could give away some of the content that we have in the works, as you are right inline for one of the concepts, but the idea of a “monster island” genesis for Splicers is literally awesome!!! An island that is far enough out on the oceans, hidden deep in the fog banks, far away & secluded from any NEXUS detection devices or aerial scout patrols, let alone something that might be emergency submersible.

I could easily picture an appointed Council made up of designated members of Houses monitoring the Island(s) Kaiju Farms projects and Krakens being used as large tow ships to transport the sleeping Kaiju giants until its time to awaken them upon arrival at the shore. Most likely most of these would be NPC controlled Warmounts (I assume) but building innovative campaigns utilizing them would be a wonderful addition to Splicers. The resources applied to grow & sustain one would be tremendous, but the effects & aftermath of them would be well worth it, as long as the Outriders maintained control and didn’t lose their minds in the process with so much Bio-E being experimented with, :wink: .

I can picture fossil DNA/RNA samples as part of the concoction as well as some new prospects. I can say this though, I wouldn’t count NEXUS out yet, after you all see what’s been brewing. You’ll hate us for it later, I am sure.

I think your idea would be a wonderful article for a future Rifters!
Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

Guy_LeDouche wrote:
taalismn wrote:Android animatronic drones with bad lip-synching, and SDC tanks and equipment come out from the robot factories under the city.....

AHH!! Help us, Jet Jaguar!

Now thats the BOY!!! Heck, If NEXUS manufactured enough of those, hmmm.... :eek:

taalismn wrote:Hmmmm.....nuclear metabolism for extra-large warsteeds? Must eat a set amount of fissionable material every six months or a weight of robot powerplants in that same time frame? Drawbacks include radiation hazards and detectable with geiger counters?

A good idea. In some of the later Godzilla movies (starting with 1984, I think), Godzilla makes it a point of attacking a nuclear power plant and a Soviet nuclear submarine to somehow feed on the f material. Of course, much like you said, this brings in a host of problems. In the unaltered 1954 original, the Big G is highly radioactive, causing sickness in the local population and poisoning water sources up to a quarter m :D ile away. As if the atomic breath wasn't bad enough.

Oh, that aint good... less it was a rival House that was "accidentally" being seiged.
taalismn
Priest

You'd either have to add 'radiation protection' as an Bio-Enhancement, or assign Nuclear Metabolism biomechs only to suicide combat squads who live apart from the rest of the House...RadFreakers, the Necro-Luminates, or the Radiatii....
Heck, maybe a House that's discovered a way to shield themselves from radiation, and live in a region that got nuked with dirty nukes so badly that even the Machine doesn't venture often into the area(radiation interferes with sensors and communications)...They use the deposits of fallout to grow their infant atomic biomechs...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

That just sounds entirely too well thought out. You've been working on this in secret haven't you? And you DIDN'T SHARE!!?! YOU SUCK! j/k :mrgreen:
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
taalismn
Priest

Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:That just sounds entirely too well thought out. You've been working on this in secret haven't you? And you DIDN'T SHARE!!?! YOU SUCK! j/k :mrgreen:

Nah....my brain's just wired wrong....darn near no social skills, but I can BS up a sci-fi idea in minutes....Statting it out on the other hand is another matter....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Social Skills? Wha? Never heard of those before....

j/k I'm in Customer Service. Which kinda sucks even with social skills. Now I can't cook up a good sci-fi idea all that fast, but when I put my mind to it I can stat out just about anything, and it usually aint all that bad either.

taalismn
Priest

Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:Social Skills? Wha? Never heard of those before....

j/k I'm in Customer Service. Which kinda sucks even with social skills. Now I can't cook up a good sci-fi idea all that fast, but when I put my mind to it I can stat out just about anything, and it usually aint all that bad either.

Supposedly, social skills allow you to mate...or so I've heard...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

taalismn wrote:
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:Social Skills? Wha? Never heard of those before....

Supposedly, social skills allow you to mate...or so I've heard...

Not necessarily, this whole maying business is much more complicated than the interwebz would have you believe. Even extensive knowledge of various mating habits, a quick wit, and relatively good looks do not necessarily guaranty you anything. Matter of fact, They seem to make it harder, while treating people like garbage, women especially, makes you a desirable person. Money helps too, Along with groups of idiots who serve no purpose but to make you look good. Besides, human contact is sssooo overrated. Trust me, I do it all the time.

89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Premier wrote:My senses were buzzing and now I know why, smile! What a masterpiece of an idea 89er & Taalisman!! I just fwd the link to Slappy ASAP to see just what Sen. Tiegs has to say about it :D . Slappy ‘s been chained to the table typing away as of late so I gotta see if he ‘s doing OK. I wish we could give away some of the content that we have in the works, as you are right inline for one of the concepts, but the idea of a “monster island” genesis for Splicers is literally awesome!!! An island that is far enough out on the oceans, hidden deep in the fog banks, far away & secluded from any NEXUS detection devices or aerial scout patrols, let alone something that might be emergency submersible.

I could easily picture an appointed Council made up of designated members of Houses monitoring the Island(s) Kaiju Farms projects and Krakens being used as large tow ships to transport the sleeping Kaiju giants until its time to awaken them upon arrival at the shore. Most likely most of these would be NPC controlled Warmounts (I assume) but building innovative campaigns utilizing them would be a wonderful addition to Splicers. The resources applied to grow & sustain one would be tremendous, but the effects & aftermath of them would be well worth it, as long as the Outriders maintained control and didn’t lose their minds in the process with so much Bio-E being experimented with, :wink: .

I can picture fossil DNA/RNA samples as part of the concoction as well as some new prospects. I can say this though, I wouldn’t count NEXUS out yet, after you all see what’s been brewing. You’ll hate us for it later, I am sure.

I think your idea would be a wonderful article for a future Rifters!

Thank you for your kind words Premier,and I hope slappy gets some fresh air, even masterminds of all that is organic need a break. :wink:

taalismn wrote:You'd either have to add 'radiation protection' as an Bio-Enhancement, or assign Nuclear Metabolism biomechs only to suicide combat squads who live apart from the rest of the House...RadFreakers, the Necro-Luminates, or the Radiatii....
Heck, maybe a House that's discovered a way to shield themselves from radiation, and live in a region that got nuked with dirty nukes so badly that even the Machine doesn't venture often into the area(radiation interferes with sensors and communications)...They use the deposits of fallout to grow their infant atomic biomechs...

Nice idea, just let me get my PIP-boy 3000 out.

Now for my first Splicers kaiju roughdraft:

K 001-ZIZ
"aka Big Bird or Stormwing"

In myth, the Ziz was a massive griffin-like beast whose wings could block out the sun. Now imagine a gigantic four-winged griffin, and it’s made of Splicer-tech.

As for armaments this is what I have so far.

-Crystalline Plasma Feather Rockets: Borrowed from House Shiva’s Agni Plasma Bird, the feathers of the wings can be fired for devastating results.
-Massive beak and talons for carving up robots.
-Can generate hurricane force winds with a flap of its wings.
-Raindance Rockets-Special organic rockets housed along the back that create clouds of acidic rain.
-Thunderstorm Array: Hundreds of spikes are launched from the belly into the ground. Then electricity is fired from special horns into the spikes, connecting them into a massive web of lightning.

So, comments and suggestions, Let’s hear ‘em.
taalismn
Priest

Nuclear Eggs...

Or, failing that...Fuel Air Explosive rotten eggs...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

-Thunderstorm Array: Hundreds of spikes are launched from the belly into the ground. Then electricity is fired from special horns into the spikes, connecting them into a massive web of lightning.
Oh Yeah, F++++ Yeah.

I can really see this working, and would love to see it statted. I would avoid the "Godzilla" concept, but the Samsahara(or big turtle thing) used by Shiva is UnGodly and Epic. I would love to see more things along these lines. But my question is, could your giant target survive the Machine? It almost seems like a waste of resources. A Spectacular waste, but a waste none-the-less. **** it, I want one too. I'm throwing out some resources of my own, But what to write up?

Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

THIS is a wonderful idea!

Of course...what will the Machine counter with?

Could it be Mecha-Kaiju?
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Spinachcat wrote:THIS is a wonderful idea!

Of course...what will the Machine counter with?

Could it be Mecha-Kaiju?

:twisted: As pointed above, it would a massive waste of resources. But, who cares?

DEFINATELY Mecha or Bio-Mechanic Kaiju!!!! Even better, to steal a page from Godzilla, the Machine's Bio-Mechanical Kaiju are built using the bones or DNA of defeated Splicer Kaiju. This way, the Machine could somehow harness the genetic memory of Resistance tactics, hideouts, leaders, etc. A few pics for inspiration:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/godzilla/images/1/19/Kiryu_Neo.jpg

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/godzilla/images/8/89/Mechagodzilla_Neo.jpg

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/godzilla/images/7/7a/Cyber_Godzilla.jpg

Aramanthus
Monk

Nice links. I like them! Thank you for sharing the links!

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Just thinking of a mech-zombie based on a scavanged Kaiju carcass...(shiver)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

taalismn wrote:Just thinking of a mech-zombie based on a scavanged Kaiju carcass...(shiver)

This ought to really produce a shiver or two:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/godzilla/images/b/b2/Mechani-Kong_Neo.jpg

taalismn
Priest

Guy_LeDouche wrote:
taalismn wrote:Just thinking of a mech-zombie based on a scavanged Kaiju carcass...(shiver)

Nothing like a giant nuclear-powered ape that REALLY wants your girlfriend, to ruin your day...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

taalismn wrote:
Guy_LeDouche wrote:

Nothing like a giant nuclear-powered ape that REALLY wants your girlfriend, to ruin your day...

:nh: :nh: :nuke: :frazz:

Dude...you went there.

kong was an awesome game tho...

Back on a train of thought worth posting, I was thinking of a t-rexinator. or something like that.

taalismn
Priest

A giant ankylosaur with heavy ballistic missile launchers in among its armored plates, maybe?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Call me crazy, but I was actually thinking Exactly the same thing, but thought it might be too slow. So I went with a Tyrannosaurus instead. I'm gonna take him down a weird route tho. BTW, when we talk Kaiju, we are talking Kraken Class monstrosities, right? I don't wanna make something awesome when we're supposed to be making regular Warmounts. You know what, I'll try my luck on one of those Ankylosaurs too. All I gotta do is get my Splicers book back from my friend. :-?

Quantum07
Explorer

Unread post by Quantum07 »

Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:Call me crazy, but I was actually thinking Exactly the same thing, but thought it might be too slow. So I went with a Tyrannosaurus instead. I'm gonna take him down a weird route tho. BTW, when we talk Kaiju, we are talking Kraken Class monstrosities, right? I don't wanna make something awesome when we're supposed to be making regular Warmounts. You know what, I'll try my luck on one of those Ankylosaurs too. All I gotta do is get my Splicers book back from my friend. :-?

First, I will never give you your book back. MUHAHAHA. Ok, after that, here is an american horror classic, the blob. I based it roughly off of the Plasmolder and such, but here are some rough ideas off the top of my head.
Size: Starts at 1 ft, but grows based on the size of what it eats. And it can eat anything. Grows to the combined size of everything it has eaten, divided by 2 due to metabolic burning.
MDC: 10 per foot in diameter
SPD: 5 MPH (at small sizes, ambush predator, larger is just a tank)
Attacks: 3 per melee
Engulf: Cannot create pseudopods, but is focused on consuming. When anything is hit by the ungulf attack, if it is no more than twice the size of the blob, it is engulfed. Engulfed targets take 1D6X10 MD acid damage. Enzymes allow it to digest even things completely immune to acid, thus doing full damage to everything. Only way out is to kill it before being digested. Anything inside may attack using whatever weapons it has, but also may be shot by friends as projectiles pass throught the blob.
Cannot see, but can feel whichc direction attacks come from, and move towards one attacker until engulfed.
Takes no damage from projectiles and physical attacks, but full damage from energy attacks. Cold based attacks do double and cause the blob to expell any undigested food at the source. Can only be controled by a plasmolder.
Aramanthus
Monk

Now that would be an awesome creature, especially if you could direct it at the Nexus and it's forces.

HH....FIE
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Reminds me of a Warmount I created, nevertheless, a grand idea indeed.
And yes, we are crafting Kraken-sized giants with a side of fires and onion rings and a Neapolitan shake.
taalismn
Priest

The idea of a blob and a snake, maybe....a mass colony serpent made up of thousands of smaller worm like components that could break up and reform, into the original large unit or smaller serpents...is attracted to metal, especially robots...
If a serpent-colony encounters a 'bot, it swarms it, entangling the robot in a restricting cocoon of worms that cut the 'bot off from communications with its host Machine, while the worms digest the bot's outer components with acid...the worms then wrap around the skeletalized robot, and use it as a frame to go attack other robots...sorta like a Rifts WormWraith...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

That is a very cool idea. It would be cool to see the machines watch as a snake controled robot frame attacked a bvase of operations.

HH....FIE
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

haven't worked everything out yet, but this is what I got so far.

Leviathan MkII Aprox. 6500 mdc(will work out the dice later) Has concentrated bioenergy lasers on the claws, dealing 1d4x100 mdc once per melee each. capable of ten minutes of sustained fire before it has to stop. 2 pair super light cells per leg, mega hydrocutter in mouth, Aqua-Thrusters for speed an maneuverability underwater. 264 Organic Rockets w/ 3mile range. Claws inflict 4d6x10 cutting, 2d6x10 striking. Stomp does 2d6x10+25 on 10' tall on less. Used as a Kraken escort. Like cruisers guarding a carrier.

Tyrant-Tyranosaur around 8000-9000 mdc. Fire breath, back mounted missile pods, shoulder mounted heat cannons, light cells near the eyes, needle death blossom in under belly, and spore launcher located in the pelvic region. :mrgreen: Cuz' I can be immature at times.

Sting Ray-Scorpion 1500-4000 mdc.(not Kraken Sized) Claws hold a missile "pod" launcher. Launches pod for up to half mile, Pod splits revealing for smaller missiles.All 4 Missiles do 4d6 md and have 1/2 mile range. Omega cannon in tail. Duel shoulder mounted casting cannons. Covered in acid pod with increased payload, range, and can be used as AOE.

Thats all for now. Let me know what you think and I'll russle up some flavor text along with better stats.

89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

taalismn wrote:The idea of a blob and a snake, maybe....a mass colony serpent made up of thousands of smaller worm like components that could break up and reform, into the original large unit or smaller serpents...is attracted to metal, especially robots...
If a serpent-colony encounters a 'bot, it swarms it, entangling the robot in a restricting cocoon of worms that cut the 'bot off from communications with its host Machine, while the worms digest the bot's outer components with acid...the worms then wrap around the skeletalized robot, and use it as a frame to go attack other robots...sorta like a Rifts WormWraith...

Downright diabolic, but what if the Machine makes a similar version? Still, it’s a keeper.

Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:haven't worked everything out yet, but this is what I got so far.

Leviathan MkII Aprox. 6500 mdc(will work out the dice later) Has concentrated bioenergy lasers on the claws, dealing 1d4x100 mdc once per melee each. capable of ten minutes of sustained fire before it has to stop. 2 pair super light cells per leg, mega hydrocutter in mouth, Aqua-Thrusters for speed an maneuverability underwater. 264 Organic Rockets w/ 3mile range. Claws inflict 4d6x10 cutting, 2d6x10 striking. Stomp does 2d6x10+25 on 10' tall on less. Used as a Kraken escort. Like cruisers guarding a carrier.

Tyrant-Tyranosaur around 8000-9000 mdc. Fire breath, back mounted missile pods, shoulder mounted heat cannons, light cells near the eyes, needle death blossom in under belly, and spore launcher located in the pelvic region. :mrgreen: Cuz' I can be immature at times.

Sting Ray-Scorpion 1500-4000 mdc.(not Kraken Sized) Claws hold a missile "pod" launcher. Launches pod for up to half mile, Pod splits revealing for smaller missiles.All 4 Missiles do 4d6 md and have 1/2 mile range. Omega cannon in tail. Duel shoulder mounted casting cannons. Covered in acid pod with increased payload, range, and can be used as AOE.

Thats all for now. Let me know what you think and I'll russle up some flavor text along with better stats.

Great ideas, my only suggestion is that we could try to make more Chimera-like kaiju, like a giant alligator/catfish/mandrill that launches penguin torpedoes.
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

I'm normally on the Splicer's side, however, I'll play devil's advocate with some anti-Kaiju weaponry. Like above, rough draft and ideas; better stats and "fancy descriptions" if anyone's interested.

High Explosive Armor Piercing Missiles (HEAP): Resembling a long metal arrow, the High Explosive Armor Piercing missile is designed to first penetrate large or hardened targets, then detonate its explosive payload inside the target. Against man sized or slightly larger Splicer units, the missles are only marginally effective. Against Splicer Kaiju, the results can be devastating. Damage is per standard AP missile, however, a HEAP missile receives an additional +3 to strike. However, this is not a “standard” bonus to strike. For the purposes of dice rolls, these are Natural Bonuses to Strike, meaning that now a die roll of 18, 19, or 20 on a 20-sided die, before other bonuses to strike are applied, actually counts as a Natural 20!

MASER weapons: Microwave Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation, or MASER is a devastating weapon that literally cooks its target from the inside out. Can be used as a directed energy beam for tremendous damage or as a wide angle beam against multiple targets. The worst part: some of damage passes through Host or Living Armor and inflicts S.D.C. and Hit Points damage to the pilot. Against Splicer Kaiju, the MASER inflicts severe damage and slows regeneration to a crawl.

Kelvin Cannon: The Kelvin Cannon fires a ball of energy that literally flash freezes the target (or a portion thereof), causing considerable damage and significantly impairing mobility and reactions. In some extreme cases, the target may actually disintergrate under the weight of its own mass.

Nanoplague Injector: With a name like this, three guesses what this does? :D Nanites directly into the bloodstream!!

Proteus Drones: Small probes, about the size of the Hunter probes, designed to bore into Splicer Kaiju and destroy vital organs, etc. Extra points if you can guess why I called them Proteus Drones.

Aramanthus
Monk

Very nice! It's nice to see both new monsters and the weapons used to fight them.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Give the Kaiju dog-, man-, or horse-sized symbiotes/parasites like 'Godzilla's 'lice', able to fall off and operate semi-autonomously to wreak further havoc on the machines...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

taalismn wrote:Give the Kaiju dog-, man-, or horse-sized symbiotes/parasites like 'Godzilla's 'lice', able to fall off and operate semi-autonomously to wreak further havoc on the machines...

Thats kind of what i did for my contribution to the Rifter giant monster issue. My Gulgoth monster actually kept gargoyles, gurgoyles, alu, and other troops of hades in its cranial cavity and stomach, only for them to be released upon enemy forces.

Or better yet, make it a full gestalt. Have your kaiju be nothing but a massive swarm of insects from Slappy's "hive master" O.C.C.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Aramanthus
Monk

Those are some very cool ideas. What if the smaller creatures could breed? That way the population wouldn't necessarily fall off during an attack on the machines. And maybe allow them a rapid growth to keep the population strong after and attack.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

The Galactus Kid wrote:
taalismn wrote:Give the Kaiju dog-, man-, or horse-sized symbiotes/parasites like 'Godzilla's 'lice', able to fall off and operate semi-autonomously to wreak further havoc on the machines...

Thats kind of what i did for my contribution to the Rifter giant monster issue. My Gulgoth monster actually kept gargoyles, gurgoyles, alu, and other troops of hades in its cranial cavity and stomach, only for them to be released upon enemy forces.

Or better yet, make it a full gestalt. Have your kaiju be nothing but a massive swarm of insects from Slappy's "hive master" O.C.C.

That's where I got the 'Serpent Colony' idea from... :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

It's a very cool concept. I must remember to do this in my next game. To try something like this.

HH....FIE
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Warriors of the Megaverse Unite !

Unread post by Princedarkstorm »

NO DEANZILLAS please
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Princedarkstorm wrote:NO DEANZILLAS please

:lol: a.k.a. GINO

Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Warriors of the Megaverse Unite !

Unread post by Princedarkstorm »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :?
taalismn
Priest

Lounge Lizards of the Apocalypse?
-------------