Board index » Across the Megaverse® » Game Room Announcements

Post subject: Game Room Booking System
Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:20 am

OLD ONE

The Game Room Booking System is back.
This new version has hopefully corrected the bugs which killed the old version.Your forum/chatroom username and password will work in the booking system, although you do have to enter it separately.There are 10 Rooms SGR1-6, PFRPG Games, Rifts Games, and The Pit. Note that SGR7 has been discontinued.Please post your ongoing games when you have a chance, and please post all new games there. Please also feel free to continue posting announcements here about your game, and include a link back to your announcement from the schedule.This should make finding games to join easier.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:47 pm

D-Bee

Hi, thanks for bringing the game rooms back. :)

Just one thing, heh, how do you actually get into a game room? I've been all through the Game Room Booking Systems, and I must be dense or something because while I can make a booking, I can't figure out how to get into an actual game room. Are there instructions somewhere? Thanks...

Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:27 pm

OLD ONE

Prysmos wrote:

Just one thing, heh, how do you actually get into a game room? I've been all through the Game Room Booking Systems, and I must be dense or something because while I can make a booking, I can't figure out how to get into an actual game room. Are there instructions somewhere? Thanks...

Game Room = Chat Room
chat.php
chatrooms

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:57 pm

Knight

Comment: I like magic.
This is a really interesting scheduling system. Unfortunately you can only view one game at a time though...

Since there are great periods of empty space, do you know if it would be difficult to program something which lists all the ongoing campaigns in a big list, possibly breaking it down into systems, or listing them by time or by day or something?

That or, perhaps in the forum a sticky thread could be posted (and updated on an ongoing basis) with links to each of the games?

Like, based on a glance, there seem to be 4 scheduled campaigns that go on:
*Lady Colstrife's PW 16-21 Fridays
*DJR2001's Casual PF 14-20 Sundays
*GA's Timiro PF 17-22 Mondays
*Lady Coldstrife's Terra 16-22 Tuesdays

I am not sure which time zone these are all in though. I suspect it's not EST because I totally tried lurking for one of these and nobody was there :)

That's just looking at a week though, there might be some run less frequently (biweekly/monthly) or new ones, or ones that are just on hiatus (or the GM may not have updated the schedule) and stuff like that. A master list of current campaigns (and notes about ones which are of unknown status but were recent) would be useful for players looking for them. Also, making a GM's link a URL would be useful if they are running more than one campaign, so you could see both together (like with how LC is running 2)

Plus, even if nobody set up a list, people who observe games going on could make a note of it and stuff. Basically the chatrooms are often (every time I checked lately...) empty compared to before so there really aren't any startup games people can randomly join.

People could also list campaigns which are not being held in these chatrooms too, since sometimes people run them using other chat software, via IM, etc. That would help to distinguish it from other topics on this forum which are often proposals to start campaigns without knowing which are actually happening.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:36 pm

D-Bee

Thom wrote:
Prysmos wrote:

Game Room = Chat Room
chat.php
chatrooms

I have gone to the links you have provided to enter the chat rooms and I am unable to get in. The link to actually get into the rooms appears to be dead. I have also ensured the browser(s) I am using are java compatible and java is enabled.

Please advise.

thank you,

Tisben

Unread postPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 3:03 pm

Dungeon Crawler

Most of us are using the newer Chat rooms chat/ I don't know if there is a booking system for this?

Shawn

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:52 am

Knight

July, August

It sorta looks like the next 2 months are blank, yet people seem to be having games, is nobody actually filling it out?

I guess it's not a requirement if people just go to the Unscheduled rooms... but it would save trouble of checking every thread if it were there, even if people want to lurk and watch a game or somethin :)

Unread postPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:08 am

Megaversal® Ambassador

Does this booking system work for the newer chatrooms chat/?

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:02 pm

Knight

Hm, I think my old links don't work because when I clicked them they say April 2011. I think this is because the numbering has changed for months <10 because now it is single digits. For example here is July: calendar/month.php?year=2010&month=7&day=20&area=1&room=1

I notice if you remove the &day= that it defaults to 2011 so I think listing the day is somehow important to the location coding. Removing area/room doesn't seem to interfere with this.

I'd also like to report an error in the chat rooms. When you log into DigiChat and click the upper left icon and select "Chat Game Schedules" from the drop-down menu, it links you to this failing page: http://www.palladium-megaverse.com/chatrooms/index.html

I am hoping that the web master could correct this.

Also, I don't know about anyone else, but April seems to be empty. Is this an error? Maybe this system just isn't being used? I would like to help encourage its use on all these threads here so people can view the calendar rather than scrolling through every thread.

Going back to previous months, this is the most recent one where I have seen anything scheduled calendar/month.php?year=2010&month=10&day=20&area=1&room=1

Keep in mind guys you can just click on the day and give a description.

I am thinking of going through these forums and if I see someone scheduling something, entering it there for them. Is it okay to do this, or should only GMs or players with permission add the information on the calendar?

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:29 pm

Knight

Thom's link to http://forums.palladium-megaverse.com/calendar does not load for me.

Where do we book games now?

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:51 am

Explorer

G'day, Do any of the chat rooms work. I loved to play a game.....but I will settle for trying to run one myself. Truth Is I never done this before, so I guess its too early to try and book anything yet. I'm still looking for ideas for a campaign. I was thinking of a Australian setting since, I feel silly trying other world location I never been too. Someone did give me one idea based on Mad Max & Skippy the Bush Kangaroo. Not sure about that, it's not what I really had in mind for Rifts Australia.

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:47 am

Adventurer

Comment: Rifter Contributer 79, 81,82,83,84
most games are on our discord channel right now

and lastly, my baby, my long term project... The Dark City of Cascade - Rifter 84.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:40 am

Explorer

Having a look on Discord now. Are there any names you care to share with me?

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:03 am

Explorer

Found a game yesterday morning. Finally.