Field Surgery Bonus

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SirSpamHammer
Explorer

Field Surgery Bonus

Unread post by SirSpamHammer »

Where it says... Base Skill:16% +4% Per Level of Experience and then it says...+14% if the character is also a Medical Doctor.

Does that that mean my character being a Body-Fixer, can add that +14% to the base skill?

I know it sounds so simple, it's easy to figure out, but I'm just perplexed as to why this gets done differently from the other medical skills.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: Field Surgery Bonus

Unread post by Warshield73 »

The +14% applies to anyone with the skill Medical Doctor and I believe the reason for the bonus is to separate those attempting this that are doctors vs those that are just paramedics or even with just first aid. That was always my interpretation.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
SirSpamHammer
Explorer

Thanks for clarifying that for me and just so you know. Medical Doctor is one of the Mandatory O.C.C. skills for Body-Fixer. So, I added that bonus.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Like I said that was just my impression. This is a skill that is in several games all with the same bonus for an MD so it just makes sense but don't mistake it for a definitive answer.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
SirSpamHammer
Explorer

Well, seeing as my G.M. is unresponsive to that question. It seems like the best way to go.

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”