Board index » Palladium Books® Multimedia » Rifts® Movie

Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 10:01 pm

D-Bee

God this Movie could Quite litteraly outdo LOTR for a battle scene...Just think ....... Open with introing some characters at the Siege of Tolkeen....
Cut right to one of the big Battles.... Sorcerer's Summoning up demons.. Glitterboys fireing Boom guns... Dragons Strafeing... Giant Mechs going toe to toe with Giants/Demons/Dragons.... Dog boy packs swarming a team of Psychics and Mages under.... A Rift Opening in the Middle of the Battle..... Cyberknights on Bionic Horses Summoning Psi Swords and Charging A Company of CS Dead Boy's And SAMAS Armor..... Technowizards on Boards flying in formation then divebombing the SAMAS.... Cull Survivors from each side and send them tumbleing through a Rift....

WHoohBOY :D Every tried and true gamers trick in the book ; )

Can you imagine trying to do justice to the Shear Glory and Sweep of the Rifts Universe? WHOOF :eek: :eek: :eek:

"Outside of a dog; A Book is a Mans Best Friend
Inside a Dog, it is to Dark to Read"

Messsage On a T-Shirt Worn By a Cute Coed

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:33 pm

Adventurer

Just to see a GB "pylon in" and fire a boom gun would be worth my $10.
Seeing a SAMAS or Sky Cycle scream around a tight corner with weapons blazing would also do nicely.
Seeing a Worm Wraith in action or a Shemarrian Warrior battling a Rhino Buffalo while astride her Monst Rex would also suffice.
Heck, even seeing a Burster go wacko or a handful of Juicers going "Matrix" against skelebots would make me a happy lad.
A play on "Aliens" using Xiticix would be snazzy.

As for the release date, I think they're still deciding who's going to write up a script. I hope they stay true to the RPG books... they should have plenty of material to refer to.

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 9:06 pm

Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Comment: The Emolancer
Prospero wrote:
God this Movie could Quite litteraly outdo LOTR for a battle scene...Just think ....... Open with introing some characters at the Siege of Tolkeen....
Cut right to one of the big Battles.... Sorcerer's Summoning up demons.. Glitterboys fireing Boom guns... Dragons Strafeing... Giant Mechs going toe to toe with Giants/Demons/Dragons.... Dog boy packs swarming a team of Psychics and Mages under.... A Rift Opening in the Middle of the Battle..... Cyberknights on Bionic Horses Summoning Psi Swords and Charging A Company of CS Dead Boy's And SAMAS Armor..... Technowizards on Boards flying in formation then divebombing the SAMAS.... Cull Survivors from each side and send them tumbleing through a Rift....

WHoohBOY :D Every tried and true gamers trick in the book ; )

Can you imagine trying to do justice to the Shear Glory and Sweep of the Rifts Universe? WHOOF :eek: :eek: :eek:

..And the true finishing touch; frantic chanting chior over the wizards, mixed with heavy metal blaring over the robots and PA. The soundtrack potential here could be ground breaking.

-Mike >8]

Unread postPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 10:08 am

Wanderer

BigKab wrote:
El Magico -- DarkLordDC wrote:
Has Bruckheimer ever made a movie that wasn't cool????

Well looking over the list of movies he has was involved I can name the ones I LIKED , well somewhat. There's Black Hack Down , Crimson Tide , The Rock and Cat People gets listed because I was really young when I first seen it. It was made in '81 lol. Oh and Kangaroo Jack wasn't all that bad since Anthony Anderson carried the movie. Everything else by Jerry Bruckheimer I didn't enjoy at all, so that's 4.5 out 30 movies because Cat People gets 50% deduction because when you're older it becomes boring.

Ok lets see... I liked:

Pearl Harbor, Remember the Titans, BlackHawk Down, Gone in 60 Seconds, Enemy of the State, Armageddon, The Rock, Days of Thunder, Top Gun, Beverly Hills Cop (1 and 2), and Con Air was alright (average).

As for *EVERY* other movie on the list (i had to go here: http://www.neowebz.com/bruckheimer/films.html because i couldnt' get to his official site) I haven't seen of, or haven't heard of.

Still, In my opinion he has a great track record thus far... I think he'll do Rifts justice.

But personaly, I just hope we can see some action figures. I'd die for a Triax X-2000 Dyna-Max sittin' on my desk. *drools*

-tallon

-tallon

Tallon's Claw

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 1:53 pm

D-Bee

If they do action figures, I am sure I will go broke buying them all

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 10:38 am

Champion

NatJester wrote:
If they do action figures, I am sure I will go broke buying them all

Yeah, something tells me there'd be a few purchased for the Fortress of Servotude as well.

And Servo has engineered another good idea. -- Sentinel

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:56 am

Wanderer

I've just noticed this thread is quite old, and was wondering if anything has been set in concrete since the posting of this thread.

The info would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 7:50 am

Adventurer

Twitchfingers wrote:
I've just noticed this thread is quite old, and was wondering if anything has been set in concrete since the posting of this thread.

The writer has been hired, David Franzoni (in fact he recently mentioned it in an interview), but thats all we know right now.

Oh what A tangled web we weave ...

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:28 am

Wanderer

Maryann wrote:
Twitchfingers wrote:

The writer has been hired, David Franzoni (in fact he recently mentioned it in an interview), but thats all we know right now.

Wow so a couple more years then I guess I can wait.

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 5:42 am

Explorer

Sorry, but it seems that every product printed by Palladium needs massive editing that never ends up descent, just think about their novels. I really hope to god the writer wasn't part of that novel series.

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:46 am

Adventurer

Larry97501 wrote:
Sorry, but it seems that every product printed by Palladium needs massive editing that never ends up descent, just think about their novels. I really hope to god the writer wasn't part of that novel series.

Palladium isn't producing this project, Palladium has creative input, but not creative control. Jerry Bruckheimer studios and Disney (for distribution) are running the show. Come on, catch up, follow along :) j/k

Oh what A tangled web we weave ...

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:51 am

Rifter® Contributer

Larry97501 wrote:

No, he's a professional screenwriter.

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:37 am

Hero

Larry97501 wrote:

Larry, you ever watch Gladiator starring Russell Crowe? This fellow wrote THAT! I enjoyed the movie immensely, so I think the Rifts flick is in safe hands.

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 6:02 am

D-Bee

Mike Taylor wrote:
Larry97501 wrote:

Larry, you ever watch Gladiator starring Russell Crowe? This fellow wrote THAT! I enjoyed the movie immensely, so I think the Rifts flick is in safe hands.

He also wrote Star Trek: Nemesis if I remember right.

It was almost good enough for non-trekies to see it, if there is such a thing.

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:12 pm

Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points
Ashrune wrote:
Mike Taylor wrote:
Larry97501 wrote:

He also wrote Star Trek: Nemesis if I remember right.

It was almost good enough for non-trekies to see it, if there is such a thing.

David Franzoni didn't write Star Trek Nemesis.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:28 pm

Explorer

Demonboy® wrote:
Yipppppppie-kaiiii-yaaaaay....errr...I mean Goodness Gracious, Great Balls of Fire!!!....

oooooohhhhhh are they gonna sanitize the Coalition States with its Uber-Soldat glamorizations :lol:

:lol:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:58 am

LDMcFear™ wrote:
Demonboy® wrote:
Yipppppppie-kaiiii-yaaaaay....errr...I mean Goodness Gracious, Great Balls of Fire!!!....

oooooohhhhhh are they gonna sanitize the Coalition States with its Uber-Soldat glamorizations :lol:

:lol:

God I hope not I want to see a little elven girl nailed to the wall of a CS camp :) show what bastards they realy are.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:20 am

D-Bee

David Franzoni wrote King Arthur with Jerry Bruckheimer... really cant wait to see what they do to Rifts, cause arthur was awesome. Just make sure I see a damn glitterboy and something I've yet to see mentioned... ARCHIE!!! I got to see something about archie. Most fun book driven campaign ever.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:56 am

Explorer

blah blah blahblahblah blah blah......

ok any other news?

This is your life - It doesn't get any better than this - You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake - You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else - We are all part of the same compost heap - We are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world........

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:32 am

Wanderer

Yay I really cant wait. This could lead to a skyrocketing popularity of Rifts, seeing as it is the red-headed stepchild of RPGs. As long as it doesn't turn mainstream and become all about the money.

Post subject: Rifts Movie
Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 1:29 pm

D-Bee

I hope that its meets the fan's expectations. Like someone said in a earlier post, that it should be focused on just a small group. The D&D movie was alright with a rating of a 1.5 out of 5. I seriously hope they do a good job with this movie or they'll be just wasting a ton of cash just to produce it.

I'm sure with those 2 entities involved though(Disney and the other guy), it should be pretty decent.

Post subject: Re: Rifts Movie
Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:00 pm

Champion

psion128 wrote:
I hope that its meets the fan's expectations. Like someone said in a earlier post, that it should be focused on just a small group. The D&D movie was alright with a rating of a 1.5 out of 5. I seriously hope they do a good job with this movie or they'll be just wasting a ton of cash just to produce it.

I'm sure with those 2 entities involved though(Disney and the other guy), it should be pretty decent.

Well, with Disney involved on the distribution end it's sure to at least be marketed pretty well. Bruckheimer just doesn't seem to know how to crank out a bad movie (or at least one that doesn't do well at the box office). There's not been a single one of his that I've seen that I didn't like.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:43 pm

D-Bee

Preacher wrote:
Oh and Steve Bucieme(SP?) as a Crazy.

thats what I like to hear. I would be happy to have him in it as any of the characters, but a crazy would suit him real well...

Post subject: Rifts the Movie
Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:27 pm

I want to see Cyberknights on the big screen so bad. I hope they make Rifts Video games and stuff too!!! but just don't ruin it like D&D the movie!!!!!!!

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:49 am

D-Bee

I don't wanna see just one GB. I wanna see a GB Legion open up on some unsuspecting fool. I wanna see the "BOOM" knock people on their butts and I wanna see peoples eardrums explode from the pressure :demon: .

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:26 pm

Wanderer

This is a cool idea that can be executed badly and disappoint a lot of people. Xmen movies and recent comic based movies are cool because the directors were lifelong fans of the titles. As long as the maker has a good understanding of the vision in Rifts, it should be cool. You can't satisfy everyone, just look at the newest Star Wars efforts, but should make a movie that entertains (action, story, appealing characters) and amuses the fan element(familiar aspects of the game with attention to detail). I am stoked at the idea of Rifts flick, but don't want to expect too much from the maker of Kangaroo Jack.(Piece of crap)

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:25 pm

i think there should be juicers in the mivie bcuz they are so original i mean who else would have thought of something like that its just so cool

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:20 pm

Hero

Bane from Batman (not the movie version) was basically a Juicer.

But if you include Juicers & gratuitous drug use (that goes hand in hand with juicerdome) you will most likely have to go for broke with an R rating & I don't think Disney *caugh* EVIL *cough* has ever made a movie that was R or had drugs in it for that matter?

But that little dopy eared mouse hopped up on "juice" would be pretty hilariuos

One book to rule them all. One book to find them. One book to bring them all and in the Megaverse bind them.

As you sit down with your players and start to unfold your story, remember one thing: plot never survives contact with players.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:55 pm

D-Bee

A little birdie on the palladium staff told me at Gen-Con last year, after my having said that as long as the movie has Juicers, I would be happy, that I would indeed be happy.

I couldn't bring myself to ply him for more information, though I could tell he wanted to talk about it.

This year I will not be so merciful.

So yes, as far as I can tell, from what this little birdie told me, there ARE going to be Juicers in the film. (At least at this point there are SUPPOSED to be Juicers in the film.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:42 am

KROUTCB wrote:
Xmen movies and recent comic based movies are cool because the directors were lifelong fans of the titles.

Actually... the director of Xmen... the guy that gets almost all the credit for the movies being successful... says that he never read comic books and that he thought that it would never fly as a movie.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:34 pm

D-Bee

Brian Singer is a killer director, though. From everything I've heard, the Rifts flick is supposed to have a very good director also. And one would assume, or at least hope, that whatever director they choose will familiarize himself with the material.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:14 pm

Adventurer

YubaRaider wrote:
KROUTCB wrote:
Xmen movies and recent comic based movies are cool because the directors were lifelong fans of the titles.

Actually... the director of Xmen... the guy that gets almost all the credit for the movies being successful... says that he never read comic books and that he thought that it would never fly as a movie.

Yep, Bryan Singer (who is not going to do X-Men 3 because he's going to do the new Superman movie) never read any of the X-Men comic books.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 1:52 pm

Hero

So what are the Current know FACTS?

I think we all know about Disney, Bruckheimer and king arthur.

Do we have anything else? maybe a filming date? a release date? when the trailers will hit the theaters/tv? Actors? budget? I've been following this now for over a year and nothing new. Hell the announcement was years before that and still no sign of a movie. Instead we get a game for the N-gage of all platforms. I'd rant more about that but thats for a different thread.

So, do we have any NEW FACTS?

Post subject: A word on N-gage...
Unread postPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 11:40 am

Wanderer

SUCK!

Ok, maybe a few more words. First, when I heard that the Rifts Video game was going to be on the N-Gage system of all platforms I almost puked. I would honestly LOVE to ask Kevin what he was thinking when he went that route! Why? Look, Ive been working in game system retail for 8 years now, and while the N-gage system itself has no physical flaws, it has enough others to keep folks from buying it. One: Its made by Nokia...these guys make cell phones, and therefor (imho) have no business making gaming platforms. (Yes, and neither did Bill or Microsoft, but they actually made something WORK this time!) Two: N-gage stood no chane against Nintendo's Gameboy series from the start because they releases the system at the price of $399.99. Three: It only had 8 games at its relase date and ALL of them were somewhat old titles that had been on other systems, and none of them were anything great (not that Im gleeful about the Pokemon series either, but...) Four: ITS MADE BY NOKIA!!!

Sorry about that rant...I really hate N-Gage.

Oh, as for the movie...I cant freakin' wait! Here I am waiting for the release of a movie that has no trailer or anything yet, while everyone else almost is has been waiting in line for Episode 3 for the last month! GAHAHAHAHA!!!

Post subject: Re: A word on N-gage...
Unread postPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 12:55 pm

Hero

MDGiest wrote:
SUCK!

Ok, maybe a few more words. First, when I heard that the Rifts Video game was going to be on the N-Gage system of all platforms I almost puked. I would honestly LOVE to ask Kevin what he was thinking when he went that route! Why? Look, Ive been working in game system retail for 8 years now, and while the N-gage system itself has no physical flaws, it has enough others to keep folks from buying it. One: Its made by Nokia...these guys make cell phones, and therefor (imho) have no business making gaming platforms. (Yes, and neither did Bill or Microsoft, but they actually made something WORK this time!) Two: N-gage stood no chane against Nintendo's Gameboy series from the start because they releases the system at the price of $399.99. Three: It only had 8 games at its relase date and ALL of them were somewhat old titles that had been on other systems, and none of them were anything great (not that Im gleeful about the Pokemon series either, but...) Four: ITS MADE BY NOKIA!!!

Oh, as for the movie...I cant freakin' wait! Here I am waiting for the release of a movie that has no trailer or anything yet, while everyone else almost is has been waiting in line for Episode 3 for the last month! GAHAHAHAHA!!!

Keep in mind, Sony made stereos and TV's, but they seem to have captured the videogame market with the PS2. It's kind of ironic Nintendo shot themselves in the foot when they decided to out Sony from a deal they had in the early nintey's

"You are wise beyond your years" darkbrandon

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 3:36 pm

Wanderer

My opinion still stands...N-gage bites!!! :P

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 11:07 am

Hero

What happened here? I thought I made this thread about the movie not the N-gage...sigh...

I view KS's choice of the N-gaga for the very first Rifts game much like the SoT series...he simply wasnt thinking.

RainOfSteel wrote:

An excellent insight that hits the nail on the head with a rune-hammer.

Winter wrote:
One of the best thought out answers on this forum I have read for a while :ok:

Post subject: Re: A word on N-gage...
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:15 am

Explorer

Aequitas wrote:
MDGiest wrote:
SUCK!

Keep in mind, Sony made stereos and TV's, but they seem to have captured the videogame market with the PS2. It's kind of ironic Nintendo shot themselves in the foot when they decided to out Sony from a deal they had in the early nintey's

why the gamecube eats the PS2 for games anyday...

This is your life - It doesn't get any better than this - You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake - You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else - We are all part of the same compost heap - We are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world........

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:36 pm

Champion

Toc Rat wrote:
What happened here? I thought I made this thread about the movie not the N-gage...sigh...

I view KS's choice of the N-gaga for the very first Rifts game much like the SoT series...he simply wasnt thinking.

While I don't have an N-gage nor do I plan to ever purchase one, I'm going to withhold my "KS wasn't thinking" comments until the movie comes out and that's the ONLY platform for a Rifts game.

With the plethora of crapware out there for the PC, I find it absolutely incomprehensible that we won't see something SOMEWHERE else.

So what if the first announced Rifts deal wasn't for the almighty X-Box? Do you honestly think KS is going to sit back and say "we've got the N-gage, we don't need to pursue anything else?" Granted he's the one behind the Siege of Tolkeen railroad... but he's also the one who created our beloved Rifts game in the first place. Give the man a LITTLE credit. :nh:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:08 pm

Explorer

Ok I'll give KS alot of credit.....

Because without him and palladium, I would never picked up a keyboard and started programming, or started writing short stories, nor rebuild a few games to have some interesting units in them...

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:03 am

D-Bee

thud wrote:
And one would assume, or at least hope, that whatever director they choose will familiarize himself with the material.

yeah right, it'll be michael bay

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:32 pm

Champion

Richard Edminson wrote:
as far as i know, palladium are not actually going to have anything to do with it, it will only be "BASED" on Rifts to my knowledge.

but I hear ya! ........fingers crossed eh. :)
You will be the next to fall to my posting marithon

Post subject: LOL
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:57 pm

Where can i buy my suit of dead boy armor for the premier

Post subject: Re: LOL
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:01 pm

Dungeon Crawler

En Kanaan wrote:

That would be cool, a bunch of people show up in costume, like they do to star wars lol... :lol:

"Never leave the fat guy in charge of bringing the cake." ~ WorldofRifts

"The masses are always revolting and rejoicing, revolting and rejoicing. A cycle without end." ~ Sentinel

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:03 pm

Dungeon Crawler

Toc Rat wrote:

That reminds me Toc Rat, i had another kind of movie idea...

Coun't some one do a light hearted comedy about 6 friends who game and play rifts, have a rule lawyer, a gm from hell, munchkin etc... would be kinda funny...

Maybe a Fan-Film ?? :D

"Never leave the fat guy in charge of bringing the cake." ~ WorldofRifts

"The masses are always revolting and rejoicing, revolting and rejoicing. A cycle without end." ~ Sentinel

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:51 pm

Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.
John Kronus wrote:
That reminds me Toc Rat, i had another kind of movie idea...

Coun't some one do a light hearted comedy about 6 friends who game and play rifts, have a rule lawyer, a gm from hell, munchkin etc... would be kinda funny...

Oh, a live action KotDT? :-)

Post subject: Re: LOL
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:56 am

Explorer

En Kanaan wrote:

I Want One To!!!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:07 am

Explorer

The n-gage, does sincerely bite. Nobody I know has one, or wants one. Too much for way too little.

Whereas, i'd consider having a vasectomy if it meant having a choice between having kids or having a decently done Rifts RPG / heaven forbid, an MMORPG.

Having been a comic fan for so long, I'm accustomed to disappointment when it comes to pop-fiction I love being made into terrible movies and games. Anyone remember the old side scrolling X-men game? the one you put 2.00 into hoping it would get better but never, ever did.

Rifts doesn't get the credit that is owed to it. Hell, DND doesn't get the credit owed to it. I'm just hoping that somewhere out there in this universe, after all the karma earned by geek kind that there really is a geek-nirvana and after all of our suffering and near ascetic trials of geek life we'll be rewarded by our hardships...

... and then I remember that karma and nirvana implies re-incarnation. So we'll probably have to die first before anything really good comes along that isn't tainted by the corporate media hype and the shallow trivialization of movie producers. oh well.

You know, it's hard to please everyone and it's hard to have all these great idea's floating around in your head and then put it to celluloid/paper/computer code in a way that fits all of it.

I feel like most movies are chiefly made by deaf, dumb and blind people who were taught to make films with electro-shock re-inforcement instead of film school. Same with video game rpg's/rpg's/miniatures/mmorpg's. I just don't know.

I have high hopes for the rifts movie. If it tanks though, I won't blame kevin, or disney... that just wouldn't be right.

I'll blame jerry bruckheimer... and canada.

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:21 am

Adventurer

Comment: Dark Lord Evisceratix O'Kittensquisher
Ok why the &^%%*(&^ is everyone blaming Canada?!?

Post subject:
Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:10 am

Explorer

You mean you have not heard the song? And Americans hate to admit it when it is there fault. :D

If Archie 3 were to read every palladium book every made would his head explode immediatly do to inconsitancies, or would it take him a couple of days to reason out there is no reason and thus kill himself? ~ Rolling Bear