Board index » Palladium Books® Multimedia » Rifts® Movie

Post subject: John Carter
Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:44 am

D-Bee

John Carter comes out tomorrow. Personally, I am a fan of the Mars books and look forward to it, though I have the usual 'will they butcher the story' fears. Still, it looks good and I hope it does well so we get more.

I also hope it does well because it is a big budget sci-fi/fantasy epic with lots of creatures, gizmos, special effects, and computer grapics. And it's made by Disney. Sound familiar? If John Carter does well it may help the Rifts movie happen. If Disney takes a bath on this one, they may not be excited about another movie hitting a lot of the same buttons.

Post subject: Re: John Carter
Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:59 pm

D-Bee

Well, I saw this movie and enjoyed it thoroughly. It differed from the books substantially, but in reasonable ways. Unfortunately, it fared very poorly at the box office. Hopefully this won't negatively affect Disney's view of this type of movie. Maybe they will decide to try Rifts instead of Mars sequels.

Post subject: Re: John Carter
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:54 am

Explorer

enginesoul wrote:
Well, I saw this movie and enjoyed it thoroughly. It differed from the books substantially, but in reasonable ways. Unfortunately, it fared very poorly at the box office. Hopefully this won't negatively affect Disney's view of this type of movie. Maybe they will decide to try Rifts instead of Mars sequels.

I didn't know there was a book before I saw this movie (should've known, I guess.) But yeah, this one was a lot of fun! I was quite surprised it did so poorly at the box office.