Board index » Palladium Books® Multimedia » Rifts® Movie

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:45 pm

D-Bee

Comment: IM LOOKIN FOR PEOPLE IN LAKE HAVASU AZ. AREA TO FORM A RIFTS GROUP
MY EMAIL IS scatterbrain76@hotmail.com
that Jerry Bruckheimer can go kick rocks. I think that Joss Whedon (Serenity, Alien: Resurection, Buffy) should be our man here. I think that he'd bring the flavour or Rifts to the big screen properly. Thoughts?????

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:57 pm

OLD ONE

Comment: PROUDLY Not a member of the "Cabal of 24"
Moved to proper forum.

"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
Palladium Books 2015 Robotech RPG Tactics Tournament Rules

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:42 pm

Knight

Location: Using Shini's bake goods to take over the freelancers minds!!
Comment: Goodbye Cruel world.... Wait, I'm back.
Personally I think not, Sam Rami or Don Coscarelli

"I have a technique of my own to counter you lot! It's called 'radio comlink' SUMMON NINJABUNNY STEALTH GUNSHIP SQUADRON!"

I am a customer First and a Fan second.
Killer Cyborg wrote:
"The party IS over if Ninjabunny's not there."

Member of the Cabal of 24.

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:49 am

Wanderer

I say James Cameron. Anybody remember the terminator skelebots? And how 'bout that new movie coming out called Avatar which looks fantastic with the tribal looking aliens. It reminds me of the d-bees in rifts.

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:20 pm

Wanderer

The correct answer is: someone whose name none of us know. I want someone creative and enthusiastic and who has a lot of ideas he/she has yet to explore. Also, Jerry Bruckheimer is a producer, not a director.

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:17 pm

Knight

Thoughtful1 wrote:
The correct answer is: someone whose name none of us know. I want someone creative and enthusiastic and who has a lot of ideas he/she has yet to explore. Also, Jerry Bruckheimer is a producer, not a director.

I don't think a no name is the way to go, you want someone with a name even if it isn't big.

"I have a technique of my own to counter you lot! It's called 'radio comlink' SUMMON NINJABUNNY STEALTH GUNSHIP SQUADRON!"

Killer Cyborg wrote:

Unread postPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:05 pm

Wanderer

Ninjabunny wrote:
Thoughtful1 wrote:

I don't think a no name is the way to go, you want someone with a name even if it isn't big.

:lol: :lol:

Well, duh. Everyone has a name. I just meant someone who isn't named "Bay" "Jackson" "Spielberg" "Cameron" "Tarantino" etc.

Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:43 pm

Explorer

Comment: Joseph Prosek II Fangirl
So long as his name doesn't start with M and end with icheal Bay, because frankly, if RIFTS technology is going to be brought to the big screen, I'd like to actually be able to see it.

Is left entirely up to you.
--Edward Gorey

Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:07 pm

Wanderer

OrchestralDarkness wrote:
So long as his name doesn't start with M and end with icheal Bay, because frankly, if RIFTS technology is going to be brought to the big screen, I'd like to actually be able to see it.

I'm nothing like an expert, but I think that's probably very unlikely. At least, I really hope so.

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:19 am

Knight

I like to see the whole movie be done in CG or animated.

Killer Cyborg wrote:

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:22 am

Knight

Thoughtful1 wrote:
Ninjabunny wrote:
Thoughtful1 wrote:

Well, duh. Everyone has a name. I just meant someone who isn't named "Bay" "Jackson" "Spielberg" "Cameron" "Tarantino" etc.

will I can under stand those guys, Don Coscarelli is a well known name if you know horror and fantasy. he directed the Phantasms and beast master, he always has a good vision and get's great shots.

Killer Cyborg wrote:

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:31 am

Wanderer

Ninjabunny wrote:
Thoughtful1 wrote:
Ninjabunny wrote:
Thoughtful1 wrote:

will I can under stand those guys, Don Coscarelli is a well known name if you know horror and fantasy. he directed the Phantasms and beast master, he always has a good vision and get's great shots.

I'm not very familiar with Coscarelli, but I can absolutely guarantee you that the Bruck has no interest whatsoever in making a horror movie. Have you seen the trailer for Prince of Persia? A RIFTS movie will look like that. Style-wise, I mean. Of course there will be technology and such.

EDIT:

Ninjabunny wrote:

No. Animated feature films aren't ready for something like RIFTS yet. Unless you mean like the direct-to-DVD animated films the comic book companies have been putting out. But those are irrelevant compared to a live-action nine-figure-budget film franchise, which is the only thing Jerry Bruckheimer is interested in making. Plus, the bigger the movie, the bigger boost it will give Palladium Books.

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:14 am

Knight

Thoughtful1 wrote:
Ninjabunny wrote:
Thoughtful1 wrote:
Ninjabunny wrote:
Thoughtful1 wrote:

I'm not very familiar with Coscarelli, but I can absolutely guarantee you that the Bruck has no interest whatsoever in making a horror movie. Have you seen the trailer for Prince of Persia? A RIFTS movie will look like that. Style-wise, I mean. Of course there will be technology and such.

EDIT:

Ninjabunny wrote:

No. Animated feature films aren't ready for something like RIFTS yet. Unless you mean like the direct-to-DVD animated films the comic book companies have been putting out. But those are irrelevant compared to a live-action nine-figure-budget film franchise, which is the only thing Jerry Bruckheimer is interested in making. Plus, the bigger the movie, the bigger boost it will give Palladium Books.

I think your wrong sir, Animated will allow a much more fluid story telling device for a rifts movie. Animated films have been pushing boundary far beyond rifts for some time now, in fact on of Pally's games is Robotech which is an animated movie. In fact Rifts would be great way to gear americans toward hard hitting animation movies. Besides I think Bruck would make it all show and no glow, I'm going to see P-o-P because I am a fan of the games but I am almost positive it's going to suck hard.

Killer Cyborg wrote:

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:31 am

Wanderer

Ninjabunny wrote:
I think your wrong sir, Animated will allow a much more fluid story telling device for a rifts movie. Animated films have been pushing boundary far beyond rifts for some time now, in fact on of Pally's games is Robotech which is an animated movie. In fact Rifts would be great way to gear americans toward hard hitting animation movies. Besides I think Bruck would make it all show and no glow, I'm going to see P-o-P because I am a fan of the games but I am almost positive it's going to suck hard.

You're definitely entitled to your opinion. I think Prince of Persia looks pretty epic. It's hard to tell from trailers whether a movie like that will have the plot and depth necessary to make it really good, because the trailer is mostly about showing off the VFX and action, which is something both good movies and bad movies can have a lot of. Animated films, when they are extremely successful, can make as much money at the box office as live-action films can. But only animated films that are family comedies (Shrek, The Incredibles, etc.) are extremely successful. Yes, Robotech was an animated movie. It is an obscure anime. When Tobey Maguire makes a big-budget, live-action blockbuster based on it, that franchise will become popular and successful in the mainstream, in a way that no cartoon (no matter how well made) ever could. I want RIFTS to be the kind of movie that wins Oscars. I want it to be the next Lord of the Rings, not the next Beowulf or Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within.

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:07 pm

D-Bee

I can't believe I haven't seen anyone toss out the name Neill Blomkamp.....District 9 was great. He is fairly new to the scene and must have some great ideas rattling around up top. Besides, District 9 was an actual film up until the shootout/chase at the end, and can you honestly tell me you weren't the loudest kids in the theater when he picked up a pig with the gravity gun and shot a dude with it? A RIFTS film done by such a writer/director would be more than a boomflick - which it will NEED to stand alone from the constant action crap Hollywood tosses the masses way.
I want to check out his other short films which I've heard were even better than Alive in Joburg (the short film District 9 was based on) before I throw my full unimportant support behind him though. However, I'd think that he'd be one of the easiest to get based on the fact that he isn't a big name but has a good film under his belt. Send him some books and ask him to write a script gosh darnit. See what he plops out.