Board index » Palladium Books® Multimedia » Rifts® Movie

Post subject: Chaos Earth
Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:54 pm

D-Bee

Comment: World domination is an artform, not an atrocity. - Lord the Juicer
Does anyone think they should make a Rifts: Chaos Earth movie first? That way it lets the audience understand how and why things are the way they are in Rifts. Kind of like walking them through the story line first. I thought of this as i watched the Mad Max movies the other day. How the first movie civilization is still somewhat there, then in the later films it all goes down hill.

Post subject: Re: Chaos Earth
Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:22 pm

Palladin

Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)
Lord the Juicer wrote:
Does anyone think they should make a Rifts: Chaos Earth movie first? That way it lets the audience understand how and why things are the way they are in Rifts. Kind of like walking them through the story line first. I thought of this as i watched the Mad Max movies the other day. How the first movie civilization is still somewhat there, then in the later films it all goes down hill.

They cna do that by doing a proper 10 minute snarrative showing the decline and fallof civilization. If done right it will look sweet AND bring everyone up to speed

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/

Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:35 pm

D-Bee

Comment: World domination is an artform, not an atrocity. - Lord the Juicer
jaymz wrote:
Lord the Juicer wrote:

They cna do that by doing a proper 10 minute snarrative showing the decline and fallof civilization. If done right it will look sweet AND bring everyone up to speed

thats true, but i think Chaos earth deserves some camera time. show people coming to terms with the effects of the return of magic, not just on the enviroment but the people who have the emerging powers. maybe not for the first movie, but maybe a 3rd or 4th, like Xmen did with the Origins movie.

Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:37 pm

Wanderer

jaymz wrote:
Lord the Juicer wrote:

Actually, they can do it in about 2 minutes. Like the opening theme to a TV show that lays out the very basic setting. Although, if RIFTS becomes a popular franchise, I would like to see a Chaos Earth movie later on down the line, like a prequel. After people have become accustomed to the world, to show it's origins.

Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:47 pm

Palladin

Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)
I think it woudl be better to do it that way. Have an actual Chaos Earth movie later on after 2 or 3 Rifts movies.

Let's get the first one done first though and worry about the rest later shall we :)

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/