Board index » Palladium Books® Multimedia » Rifts® Movie

Post subject: Re: RIfts MMORPG
Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:26 am

D-Bee

Honestly folks... I don't see Rifts becoming anything other than an Pen and Paper game. Although there is a nice fan base for the table top game, there is no base for a multi-million dollar big screen production or an MMORPG that will do this game justice. I have played Rifts for many years and I still play every weekend to this day, but for this game to make it to the big screen or MMO, there is going to have to be a crud load of advertising which is very expensive and although Palladium Books can pay their bills and make some money, doesn't mean they have the funds to throw into starting yet another project.

Kev and Maryann, I love you guys and everyone else that works here, and I don't want you all to think I'm being negative, but we've been waiting a LONG time since it was first posted that Jerry Bruckheimer would be directing a Movie based off the game.

And now, there is a new MMORPG that is having it's release day today called "Rift". If you want an MMO that could possibly stand a chance and IF you are looking, go with Trion Worlds. Their Rift Game has a few million players. Their servers are lag free the graphics are beautiful and they use the latest technology to deliver it to you.

I'm still buying books, so don't think I've stopped. :-) I've got to go to get my Psi-tech ready to get killed by my GM's NPC.. :-( Take care guys and gals, love yall!!!

Chris Girone
Soundwerx Karaoke
http://www.soundwerxkaraoke.com

Post subject: Re: RIfts MMORPG
Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:40 pm

D-Bee

There is nothing that automatically unbalances things in rifts... if you design it right. Technically...any dragon in any fantasy game should just automatically kill and eat anything it meets, yet all of us have our stories of how we beat this demi god or that ancient dragon... you just suspend your disbelief for the sake of fun.
Design rifts mmo as skill based within the occ's, learn from all the crap mmo's released and utilize rifts ability to appeal to sci fi AND fantasy and you make a great game with tons of profit.