Rifts Inspired Movies / TV shows

For talk about the upcoming Rifts Movie.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

hup7
Wanderer

Rifts Inspired Movies / TV shows

Unread post by hup7 »

I was watching Love, Death, Robots season one a while back and noticed "Suits". If this was written by someone who had not read / played Rifts in the past I would be amazed.

Oat Studio's Rakka is another that reminded me immediately of Rifts.

What is your most Rifts-like movie / TV show?
Crimson Dynamo
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Rifts Inspired Movies / TV shows

Unread post by Crimson Dynamo »

Multiverse of Madness for the types of things rifts can lead you to.

Any movie with mixed genres or anachronisms fit the bill as well. Kung Fury, The Valley of Gwangi, Iron Sky, The Adventures of Brisco County Jr., Cowboys vs. Aliens, Firefly, Vampire Hunter D, From Dusk Till Dawn, The Man in the High Castle, Planet of the Apes... the list goes on.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

The BBC series Primeval is a good one but I think it might be more Chaos Earth. Portals opening to the past allowing monsters through to the modern world would definitely be Chaos Earth or Rifts.

If you are just looking for shows and movies that you can use to add mystery and depth to your Rifts setting really any sci-fi / fantasy show or movie set in our world or one like it can help. I used a lot of Buffy the Vampire Slayer lore in mine, especially the rise of the first slayer and scythe from the final season. Another GM had his players discover the monster from Frankenstein. I never read the books but a friend of mine added a ton of John Carter of Mars info to our Rifts Mars back in the day too.

Crimson Dynamo wrote:Multiverse of Madness for the types of things rifts can lead you to.

Any movie with mixed genres or anachronisms fit the bill as well. Kung Fury, The Valley of Gwangi, Iron Sky, The Adventures of Brisco County Jr., Cowboys vs. Aliens, Firefly, Vampire Hunter D, From Dusk Till Dawn, The Man in the High Castle, Planet of the Apes... the list goes on.

Great to see someone give this show the props it deserves. I actually put the Orbs from Brisco in my Rifts game so definitely fits right in.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Crimson Dynamo
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Crimson Dynamo »

Nice.

For a Halloween one shot many years ago, I had Ash arrive in the campaign world. The alternative ending where he wakes up in a post-apocalyptic nightmare ended up being the ruins of Chicago. :D
nelsontorres
D-Bee

Unread post by nelsontorres »

The SyFy Channel had a good one that was cancelled after just 1 Season...it was more of a "Chaos Earth" ...it was called "Aftermath" ...The series is centered on the Copeland family, a couple and their three young adult children, who struggle to survive as natural disasters, followed by the rise of supernatural beings, bring civilization to an end. The Copelands begin their journey in North Pasco, Washington and head towards Yakima in an RV, looking to survive such events as disastrous weather, unscrupulous humans, and supernatural freaks roaming the area...

Return to “Rifts® Movie”