Rifter 71 and 72

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Rifter 71 and 72

Unread post by Fell »

What did you think of the Rifter ?
Last edited by Fell on Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dan Frederick
Prysus
Champion

Re: Rifter 71 and 72

Unread post by Prysus »

Fell wrote:Combined? Maybe, per latest weekly update

http://www.palladiumbooks.com/index.php ... Itemid=183

At first it sounded cool. But not sure after thinking about it.

I do wish the Store would be updated. I want to re-sub but can't at 71. The Rifter Sub is still at 68, 69, or 70.

:)

Greetings and Salutations. If you have a current subscription and you simply want to renew before it lapses, you don't need to select an issue at all. Simply click the "Resubscription" button and location (the two required fields). You should automatically be renewed when your current one expires (so issue #71 if that is the case).

If you're subscription ended a while back and you're looking to start a new one starting at Rifter #71, then I think you have to wait for the issue to actually come out. I could be wrong as I don't follow their store closely enough (especially not when I don't need to order anything at the time), but I'm thinking you simply can't start a subscription with something that doesn't exist yet. So if you want to start a new one, then you'll have to start with one already in print (which could mean waiting until #71 is released so you can select it).

If you still feel unsure, you can always call them and order by phone. Hope that helps. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Fell »

Gotcha

What do you think about the idea of combining the two issues?

I'd miss having two cool color covers :)

If the two issues were combined, do you recall the full color Palladium Catalogue?

It would be cool to see a full color Rifter.

Every piece of art in color ect.

That would be cool IMO.
Dan Frederick
Lori
Wanderer

Unread post by Lori »

Fell wrote:Gotcha

What do you think about the idea of combining the two issues?

I'd miss having two cool color covers :)

If the two issues were combined, do you recall the full color Palladium Catalogue?

It would be cool to see a full color Rifter.

Every piece of art in color ect.

That would be cool IMO.

Full color Rifter Yes! Though they probably wouldn't be able to do for cost reasons...

Still it's a wonderful idea!
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by whassupman03 »

Hello...

That does sound really cool to me. :-) I wonder though: What will be in the double issue if it comes to fruition? And what will be in there even if they are still two separate issues? Just curious of course. Personally I would settle with knowing which games would be featured in this duo of masterpieces. :D But anyway, please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good night.

whassupman03 8)
I don't normally kill zombies, but when I do, I use the...

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
mercedogre
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: I ******* hate the atmosphere of the conversations here on these forums

Unread post by mercedogre »

double issue at regular price? or jack up the price?
You'll take my life but I'll take yours too
You'll fire your musket but I'll run you through
So when you're waiting for the next attack
You'd better stand there's no turning back
Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Fell »

mercedogre wrote:double issue at regular price? or jack up the price?

Would imagine a higher price but I have no idea.... K.S. Said he probably wouldn't do a double issue but I think it would be awesome if he did, if it was full color Ed.
Dan Frederick
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Hello...

mercedogre wrote:double issue at regular price? or jack up the price?

I would bet that it works both ways. Gamers buying the issue outright would possibly buy it at an increased price due to the fact that it is two issues in one, and subscribers with issues left on their subscriptions would probably get it for the usual price. Let's face it: Asking for more money from subscribers who haven't received their full allotment of issues would be devoid of tact. :wink: But I can conceive an increase in price for those who buy the issue outright. Even so, one couldn't increase the price of a new subscription fairly, unless one were to add issues like this to every year. :roll: Personally, I'd prefer that this double issue, should it come to fruition, would be a special case - I would rather have four issues a year rather than two small ones and a really big one, unless one were to increase the amount of issues yearly to five. Still, please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good night.

whassupman03 :mrgreen:

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

I think a combined issue would work, and I would suggest the price cap at $20.95 (same price as the RT Marines sb)
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Fell »

UPDATE! The Rifter® #71 & 72 Double-Issue – 224 pages – Fall 2015

Look forward to it.
Dan Frederick
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Hello...

Fell wrote:UPDATE! The Rifter® #71 & 72 Double-Issue – 224 pages – Fall 2015

Look forward to it.

I am looking forward to it too. :-) Hmm... it looks like at a minimum there will be material from Dead Reign, Palladium Fantasy, Splicers, and the ubiquitous Rifts.[sup]1[/sup] Looking forward to it indeed! :-D What I wonder though is whether it will count as two issues on subscriptions or one. Even so, I'm really hoping that we get another one after this! :ok: But anyway, please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good night.

whassupman03 8)

Sources:

[1]: http://www.palladiumbooks.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=802:palladium-booksr-weekly-update-september-3-2015&catid=52:weekly-updates&Itemid=183

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I was hoping someone add some thing for BtS.
Last edited by gaby on Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

......a sneaky way to fulfill the promise that they will have the rifters out on-time every-time and skip a due date.

After getting that out of the way....
They have been doing really good for 70 issues which is 17 years of publishing on-time every-time. Yes, yes some of them have been a month or two late but the next ones weren't. And it's not like the years and years we have been waiting on all the RT 2nd ed books. Or to say any of the other gamebooks delays.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Hello...

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:......a sneaky way to fulfill the promise that they will have the rifters out on-time every-time and skip a due date.

After getting that out of the way....
They have been doing really good for 70 issues which is 17 years of publishing on-time every-time. Yes, yes some of them have been a month or two late but the next ones weren't. And it's not like the years and years we have been waiting on all the RT 2nd ed books. Or to say any of the other gamebooks delays.

Well at least in this case the issues are spread more throughout the year - last year I got my four issues rather quickly, so there was a very expansive time in the later months where I didn't get anything because my subscription was finished so quickly. I ended up setting my Super-Subscription Offer back to start with the issue I missed at the end of the year just so I could keep in sync with how it was timed, and it may possibly be that way for a while. But either way, I am definitely looking forward to it. :-D Even so, please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good night.

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Hello...

Fell wrote:Edited

It's Official

Cool!

In most conditions I don't post twice in a row on a thread, but I thought this was interesting. The Rifter #71 & #72 Double Issue is available for pre-order here, and it is $26.95, so it's definitely more expensive, but manageable when compared to buying two normal issues. However, I don't know if it will be included in subscriptions, but I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't. :roll: Personally, I have one issue left on mine, so I'm hoping that it will be sent to me when it's ready. But anyway, I thought that such news is good news either way. Even so, please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good night.

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
Lori
Wanderer

Unread post by Lori »

whassupman03 wrote:Hello...

Fell wrote:UPDATE! The Rifter® #71 & 72 Double-Issue – 224 pages – Fall 2015

Look forward to it.

I am looking forward to it too. :-) Hmm... it looks like at a minimum there will be material from Dead Reign, Palladium Fantasy, Splicers, and the ubiquitous Rifts.[sup]1[/sup] Looking forward to it indeed! :-D What I wonder though is whether it will count as two issues on subscriptions or one. Even so, I'm really hoping that we get another one after this! :ok: But anyway, please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good night.

whassupman03 8)

Sources:

[1]: http://www.palladiumbooks.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=802:palladium-booksr-weekly-update-september-3-2015&catid=52:weekly-updates&Itemid=183

Let us know how this shakes out...

I'm curious if they will issue you the double issue, if your down to a single issue left of your subscription.
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Hello...

Lori wrote:Let us know how this shakes out...

I'm curious if they will issue you the double issue, if your down to a single issue left of your subscription.

Yeah, I'm hoping that I get this, since I have been looking forward to it. Not getting the double issue of The Rifter in the mail will disappoint me quite a bit. :-( Even so, I will let you know in either case. But anyway, thank you for your concern, I really appreciate it. Please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good day.

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

I just hope everyone enjoys the Improve Advice I offer. For those who are long time gamers, I
hope it brings back a lot of memories.
Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Fell »

Reagren Wright wrote:I just hope everyone enjoys the Improve Advice I offer. For those who are long time gamers, I
hope it brings back a lot of memories.

Look forward to it.

Dan Frederick
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Hope when you get it,you will give a review.
FluidicAztec
Explorer

Unread post by FluidicAztec »

So if my subscription ends with 71 should I renew with 73?
Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Fell »

I was wondering how that will work too. Sure they'll eventually say.

NEXT RIFTER:

Need a tear out sheet(s) with some of MadManMike's paper mini's.

Really want some Rifts ones :)

And a code to download the mini's from DriveThruRPG so I don't have to tear out the mini's lol.
Dan Frederick
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Hello...

Lori wrote:Let us know how this shakes out...

Lucky me (And everyone else who are down to one issue on their subscription)... I received my copy of the double issue today through the usual Media Mail. Glad I could keep my promise to answer some questions. And it's great by the way! :D

FluidicAztec wrote:So if my subscription ends with 71 should I renew with 73?

My thinking is that people can wait until the next Super-Subscription Offer (So long as there is one, but I believe it's likely) and start with The Rifter #73. For people who haven't taken advantage of previous offers of the same caliber, you can choose the issue to start off from, so if you missed an issue, you can start with the previous issue, and you can usually score a bonus with the offer as well. However, my thinking is that you may not have to due to the timing of the latest releases of The Rifter, but I can't confirm that. That's up to Palladium and the timing of the seventy-third issue's release. But yes, the double issue includes the seventy-first and the seventy-second issues, but people don't have to worry about not receiving it if they only have one issue left on their subscription; after all, I got it! :-) The Rifter #73 is up next. Even so, please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a Happy New Year!

whassupman03 8)

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Just received my compliemntary copies - My finest ever piece of writing got altered! For the Ninjas & Superspies adventure, Chapter 13 was originally entitled "Coop De Grace". I loved it.
I can only assume it was believed to be a spelling mistake but alas, it wasnt! :fl:
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Fell »

The Dark Elf wrote:Just received my compliemntary copies - My finest ever piece of writing got altered! For the Ninjas & Superspies adventure, Chapter 13 was originally entitled "Coop De Grace". I loved it.
I can only assume it was believed to be a spelling mistake but alas, it wasnt! :fl:

I am still waiting for my copies .... I live super far away (California).

Your N&S adventure was well done.
Last edited by Fell on Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dan Frederick
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I like to see a review of the Yokai of Japan?
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

The Dark Elf wrote:Just received my compliemntary copies - My finest ever piece of writing got altered! For the Ninjas & Superspies adventure, Chapter 13 was originally entitled "Coop De Grace". I loved it.

I will properly correct my copy immediately.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”