how does a person of Good alignment learn Demon Magic?

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: how does a person of Good alignment learn Demon Magic?

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Alignments can go up as well as down.

A villian could start as Evil, become good through years or centuries of Redemption, and then fall to temptation and revert to being anarchist or evil again.

Armageddon Unlimited, for example, has the Heroic Hellion class, which are demons who have become good, albiet having to fight instincts that urge them to evil. There are options for Spellcasting Hellions. So right there is one. A demon who learned Soulmancy can become good, then drop to being Anarchist again.

((After all, if demons did not have freewill, they could not be evil, merely Automations. While difficult, demons can aspire to be good, and some attain it.))
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Candy wrote:So I guess another question might be how long you can go avoiding the casting of a spell without forgetting it, since practicing that skill would be OOC for someone wanting to rise above Anarchist alignment.

You don't forget spells for lack of use. You don't lose any skill, spell, or ability for lack of use.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

I would also point out that a number of the spells are not *inherently* evil and one of the entire *points* of this is temptation and corruption.
The good person might honestly look at a few of the less bad spells and say "I can handle this, I can use this responsibly for good"... and they may even *mean it* when they say it. And some of them might even manage to do just that with out slowly justifying more and more and more until the ends justify the means and they are patting the sobbing child tied to the alter and saying "I just want you to understand that this is to make the world better"
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

It is the slippery slope.

It is staring ito the abyss so long it stares back at you.

It is the road paved with good intentions.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”