Death and PPE release and Super Powers

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Axelmania
Knight

Death and PPE release and Super Powers

Unread post by Axelmania »

Do you think a superhero with Multiple Lives would release their PPE when the power is triggered?

Or should it only be the final 'true death' so to speak?

Same Q about any other reincarnation-type abilities, though the only which comes to mind is Enlightened Immortals from Mystic China.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Death and PPE release and Super Powers

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I can see a few ways to go about that. But my initial thought was that they power uses up what PPE the char had to fuel the resurrection or staying aliveness of the Multiple Lives Super ability, so none is released.

On the Final Death yes.
--------
With the immortals that re-incarnate (or when a Deity picks out someone they want to re-incarnate) then I would have it that all of the PPE goes with the soul to its rebirth.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

I'm in agreement with Drewkitty~..~
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

This is a situation for which the rules are ambiguous. Arguments about what should happen are inherently predisposed towards people making entitled proclamations, which don't really forward the conversation. Better instead to investigate edge cases, and see if potential results fit within useful game constraints.

While of course I could be wrong, I think the most exploitable case for this would involve the sacrifice of a 15th level Immortal 36-40% Godling with a super ability roll of 71 -75% Super Abilities & Magic, with the major powers of Multiple Beings/Selves and Multiple Lives. Their P.P.E. would be (3d6x10+P.E.+14d6+56)x16, for a maximum of 13 total possible series of 16 sacrifices each separated by a decreasing amount of time (6d6xprevious level in minutes) and for a subsequently diminishing amount. With a whole series of high rolls and a ready source of P.P.E. the systematic destruction of a high level godling with something around 200 souls worth of P.P.E. could maybe be enough to summon a demon planet as found in Rifts WB35 or DB12, provided a summoning ritual measured in hours. For such a contrived circumstance that seems reasonable, and so I'm inclined to think that examples which might actually arise in-game probably aren't a big deal.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Rules as written, they'd release PPE any time they died, just like anybody else.

It could be interesting to rule another way, though. Like if the PCs are up against a Multiple Lives villain, they could potentially determine when he/she was truly dead by the PPE release.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”