enhancing undead minions brainstorm - mummifying your zombie

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Axelmania
Knight

enhancing undead minions brainstorm - mummifying your zombie

Unread post by Axelmania »

Wondering what thoughts would be, if you had already animated a corpse with Create Zombie, to then subsequently also cast Create Mummy on that corpse.

Maybe allow it to create some kind of boosted mummy/zombie?

I also wondered (since they were SDC creatures traditionally) if the MDC skeetons (temporary minions with durations) introduced in Mystic Russia might be possible enhancements for mummy/zombie too, also changing them from SDC to MDC?

I think I remember something in one of the new vampire books about zombies/mummies being MDCish but I can't remember if that's a permanent upgrade to the spells or just some way they interact with only vampires specifically?

Prior to that, I guess "Life Ward" (ironically) might've worked as a backup system if you could get them some light MDC armor.

Not quite as good as permanent MDC though since the way around life wards is you just snipe the armor, then leave them alone for an hour for the LW spell to expire, then mist them when they revert back to SDC.

Is there maybe something like if you cast Animate Dead or Create Zombie on an MDC corpse that it would stay MDC, or would traditional rules just kind of always revert it to SDC creatures?

The idea of MDC becoming SDC upon death seems supported by the ability to eat meat from a slain Fury Beetle, but then you can also preserve a Fury Beetle carapace as armor to wear...

So either some of the MDC stays MDC and other parts degrade into SDC (maybe it depends on whether you're cooking or tanning?) or else maybe some MDC creatures have unmentioned HP/SDC underneath that SDC?

Fury Beetles having unmentioned HP/SDC is probably a controversial proposal since there's a "MDC only" wing of interpretation that I recall being held by some in forums and also had some support in some book or another (conversion?)

The necromancer OCC ability of merging dead limbs to other people seems like something you could also use to build up your animated dead: like put the skull of a demon like a Magot atop the human corpse, and now you have a Magot-headed humanoid skell doing fun stuff.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”