(Magic Item)Better Unliving, Dread Marfa’s Cookbook of the I

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

(Magic Item)Better Unliving, Dread Marfa’s Cookbook of the I

Unread post by taalismn »

(Magic Item)Better Unliving, Dread Marfa’s Cookbook of the Infernal
BU, the Cookbook of the Infernal, is a limited edition printing of a tome composed by the Dread Demon Goddess Marfa during her three thousand-year incarceration at the hands of the Albanee Monks. During her imprisonment, seething with revenge at the minions who she felt had failed her, the Demon Goddess composed several hundred different recipes for killing, preparing, and eating various Infernal monsters, and etched them on the walls of her prison. When she finally escaped(due to the intervention of some incompetent
and wrong-headed adventurers), the writings were discovered and recorded by the monks, who produced a hundred or so (gargoyle)leather-bound copies and distributed them to other demon-fighting organizations. A few copies have fallen into the hands of others over the centuries, and has become a much sought-after tome by High Cooks.
Anybody possessing and reading a copy of the Better Unliving Cookbook will gain the following: +5% to Lore: Demons and Monsters, +5% to cooking skills when using any of the monsters/demons/deevils featured in the book, +1 to strike and damage Infernals, and a +1d4 to save versus Horror Factor when facing any of the monsters featured in the cookbook(because it’s apparently harder to be intimidated by a monster when part of your mind remembers it as being featured as ‘gargoyle roast with wine sauce’ or ‘poached demon locust with abomination medallions, garnished with garlic butter’).
The cookbook itself has acquired a Horror Factor of 17 for monsters, who fear its contents, especially if whoever is holding the book can quote from it, suggesting/revealing a knowledge of its contents and applications.
As a result of the (unauthorized) publishing of her ‘revenge recipes’, Dread Demon Goddess Marfa has gained an few extra points of horror factor and infamy from her fellow monsters, who consider the work a betrayal of them, and a sign of just how depraved Marfa is. Marfa herself is of a divided mind about this; on one hand she likes the added fear she gets from other monsters, but on the other hand she hates the fact that she’s not directly benefiting from the sale of the original book.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Re: (Magic Item)Better Unliving, Dread Marfa’s Cookbook of t

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Did you just demonize Martha Stewart?
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Did you just demonize Martha Stewart?

The question should be; who humanized Dread Demon Goddess Marfa? :D
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Did you just demonize Martha Stewart?

The question should be; who humanized Dread Demon Goddess Marfa? :D

You beat me to it. This is exactly what I was going to say.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”