coexisting multiple psi/spell castings rules?

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Axelmania
Knight

coexisting multiple psi/spell castings rules?

Unread post by Axelmania »

I feel like I saw some somewhere but I can't remember where, like if you wanted to layer a dozen TK Force Fields up to stop a nuke or 10x Sheltering Force to stop 1D6x10 MD of incoming attacks. Was there a prohibition?
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: coexisting multiple psi/spell castings rules?

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

In any case to have multiple casting of spell/psi you would need the appropriate amount of time. You can't erect 5x TK Force Fields as one action total, it still will require the appropriate number for each TK FF you raise for example.

Mages I have no idea (I don't see a reason you couldn't provided the spell allows for deploy and forget)

Psychics. It depends. Psionics for Mutant Animals (HU2E pg170) states they can only use 1 power at a time, implying that psychic can normally use more than one power. Some powers might also be limited to just 1 active instance at a time (but might still be able to manifest as multiple interactions). TK FF specifically mentions it can be cast more than 1x, limited only by ISP and requiring the psychic to be conscious.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”