Board index » Across the Megaverse® » Guild of Magic & Psionics

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:39 pm

D-Bee

I've been searching for a couple hours and haven't been able to find anything definite. Is an Undead Slayer automatically noticed by a DogBoy/Psi-Stalker? Thanks.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:18 am

Supreme Being

Comment: This space for rent.
They'd be noticed like any other practitioner of magic.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:54 am

Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.
I'd lean towards Undead Slayers being more on par with a supernatural creature than a PoM, myself. They've been permanently turned into an MDC creature.

All Palladium Articles
Two Tales of Tellene

Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:48 pm

Supreme Being

Comment: This space for rent.
Mark Hall wrote:
I'd lean towards Undead Slayers being more on par with a supernatural creature than a PoM, myself. They've been permanently turned into an MDC creature.

Fair point, and one I wouldn't dispute.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:35 pm

Monk

I would of used the words 'Magically Enhanced Being' rather than 'MDC creature'. But the core meanings is similar enough.

Crimson
Eleven
Delight
Petracor

I don't respond to people I've blocked, unless they are quoted.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:21 pm

D-Bee

For the purposes of the Dog Boys, I definitely consider them to be magic users, because their large base PPE and their tattoos acting like spells. So depending on the species of Dog Boy, they should have percentage chance of detect them within 50 feet + 5 feet per level. If they use a tattoo, then the range jumps to 400 feet + 50 feet per level. But even then it's a skill roll by the dog boy. It's possible they won't notice, depending on their level, since it's a skill it maxes out 98% chance somewhere around 12 level. So it's not "automatic" despite how it feels when you are trying to sneak into a Coalition City. Larger the number of dog boys the greater the likelihood you'll be detected by one of them.

The supernatural question is a lot more fuzzy. Traditionally supernatural in the palladium sense is referring to the Supernatural Evil of some sort. On pg 368 of RUE, there is the discussion of the ability of even weak psychics to detect these kinds of forces. Now depending on how you choose to interrupt the notion of Supernatural you could come up with several different answers. Traditionally Supernatural means having both MDC in an magic rich environment and Supernatural Attributes in a magic rich environment. All the examples listed have both. In the case of the Undead Slayer, they have MDC in magic rich environment, but no corresponding supernatural strength. So I would list them as a creature of magic instead of Supernatural. So sort of like halfway to supernatural. But that being said, even then Supernatural while it's easier to track when using magic, without using magic, you have a slight better percentage chance of evading Dog Boys. The problem is that they can start detecting you at a lot further range. So they get more tries to sense you. But it's still not automatic. If they are all Wolfhounds instead of Foxhounds, you might have a chance to pull it off. But the Coalition usually puts a mix to maximize the advantages for detection at checkpoints of Dog Boys and Psi-Stalkers.