quick question based on a random thought.

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rathorc Lemenger
Hero
Comment: I am the explorer Extreme. Searcher of all things mysterious and interesting. FEAR ME.

quick question based on a random thought.

Unread post by Rathorc Lemenger »

Does anyone know what happened to the Pentagon in Chaos Earth? I can't remember seeing/reading anything about it.

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,
President of Lemenger Biologics Unlimited.
I've created a monster.-Taalismn.
Believe in the unbelieveable, and you shall become known to the unknown-Rathorc Lemenger
It is well documented that for every minute you excercise, you add a minute to your life. This enables you, at 85 years of age, to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5,000 per month-An anonymous family member of Rathorc Lemenger.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Re: quick question based on a random thought.

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

i don't think it's been mentioned yet. It would have been hit by the tidal wave at the beginning of the cataclysm.
given that said tidal wave appears to have leveled most non-reinforced surface structures (if the evidence from the rifts books on new york and florida are anything to go on), odds are that the building would be in pretty bad shape. there might be some survivors in underground sections (we know that the Republicans moved into D.C.'s subterranean areas during the following dark age, indicating that the maze of tunnels, bunkers, basements, and storm drains survived) but they'd be stuck in survival mode since communications are down completely. (in the CE mainbook we are told that communications with the coasts goes completely silent)
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Re: quick question based on a random thought.

Unread post by Glistam »

From page 10 (bold emphasis mine):
In the United States, New York City, Washington D.C., Boston, Baltimore, Savannah, Orlando, Miami and the entire Eastern Seaboard are... gone. Tens of millions of lives snuffed out in a matter of minutes! The West Coast shares the same fate.

And pages 17-18 (bold emphasis mine):
"General! Did you hear me? It... it's worse than anything we ever imagined!" That was Colonel Jared Nelson. She had forgotten he and his three assistants had come into the room with the latest report.
"New York?" She asked out of routine. "Gone."
"Survivors?"
"None."
"None, at all?"
"It's impossible to know, but as far as we can tell, none."
"Washington?"
"Confirmed, gone."

"Virginia?"
"The entire Eastern Seaboard is gone, General. From the Gulf Coast to Greenland it's... it's all... gone. Same story for all coastal communities. Gulf States too."
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”