How Freaky when a game happens the next day in real life?

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SkyeFyre
Hero

Unread post by SkyeFyre »

My character once had a piece of pizza in game, and then the next day I had pizza for supper. That's about the extent of it :P .

It's weird how things happen like that though.
"If your party is doing anything but running like hell trying not to get vaporized, the GM is not running the Mechanoids correctly." -Geronimo 2.0
"Coming Summer 1994... Mechanoid Space!"
75 GM Geek Points
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Bizzarely enough, each of my players (for the IRL game) has run into an dead ringer "physicaly" at least, for their primary human PC.

..and I have met "Joe"; one of the most enduring bartender NPC's I've ever created..in the flesh...eye-patch and all
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

I don't think anything like that has happened to me, not that I can remember. But to echo DhAkael, at one point, there were three dopplegangers of me in the local area. I mean, me in the RL, not a character in game.

In one instance, I was told off by a mate who said I completely ignored him at place 'xyz' on such&such day. I told him I couldn't have been there, as not only was I working, but I was on the other side of Sydney, several hours away.

Another time, I was at work, and had two people, at different times in the same day, tell me that they saw me elsewhere and how did I fit in two jobs around the shift work (one was some shelf packer as a supermarket, the other working in a music store). On that particular day, I was working, and couldn't have been in either place. Especially considering that they were several hours apart and the time these people saw 'me' was a much smaller time frame.

All three are the same height, have the same skin/eye/hair colour, we dress the same, walk the same, have the same length hair, same build...

I've never seen or met any of them, and I'm not sure I want to.
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

A PC in a friends game got killed during a room breach to free hostages (N&SS and HU), two days later the player almost got killed doing a room breach to free a hostage.

Yes the player was a Cop in real life, SWAT when needed.

I think he still has the vest that saved his life.
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

Back when I was a kid (8th grade), I planned exactly one Top Secret game. I set it in the Middle East, cause that was in the news. I had a terrorist group bomb a military base in Beirut as part of the scenario.

Within a week this happened.

Never played Top Secret again.
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start

Return to “G.M.s Forum”