Supernatural beings, creatures of magic, and the werewolf

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Supernatural beings, creatures of magic, and the werewolf

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

according to recent books, a supernatural being is inhuman and immortal.

so where does that leave the werewolf? it used to be a supernatural being. but it is mortal, and it is not inhuman in the same sense. it is not the inhabitant of some other realm of existance inpinging on ours, it is a living, breathing being, albiet with the ability change forms. it does not vanish when killed, the body stays around.

so is a werewolf now considered a creature of magic? a werewolf is a mortal that uses magic to change shape.

or is a werewolf a D-bee, and not a SupB or a CoM at all?
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

I'd vote creature of magic for were-creatures; it seems a better fit than supernatural, though both are somewhat fuzzy definitions.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

ok, heres a follow up.

normally, creature of magic is an RCC. so if a article or book was to come out with OCC's the CoM could take, would it still count as a CoM?
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

glitterboy2098 wrote:ok, heres a follow up.

normally, creature of magic is an RCC. so if a article or book was to come out with OCC's the CoM could take, would it still count as a CoM?

Yes.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

To quote the fist part of the first line in the were-beasts entry in monsters and animals book.

These cretures of magic....
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Zazshann wrote:I use the same rule for weyrwolves in rifts as I do for supervehicle creation in HU2: Does it really have to make sense? Yes, a sportscar can zip along at mach 1 and have three engines and still look like a normal car. Yes, a Weyrwolf has many characteristics of both Supernatural creatures AND creatures of magic. Does it really matter what they are made of when they are tearing your face off as long as the silver knife in your hand still works?

We are assuming you meant WEREWOLF... :P :D :lol:
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan

Return to “G.M.s Forum”