HU2 & BTS compatability...

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: HU2 & BTS compatability...

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

PlainDre wrote:Greetings. I'm new to Palladium. Love all of the different game themes. :)

I'm big on hero settings, hence I bought the HU2 & VU2 books. I'm planning on running a campaign with my friends and I'd like to incorporate supernatural critters and expand the spell list in my future campaign.

My question: Are the critters and magic spells/trinkets from BTS compatible with HU? (Didn't see it specified under the book description).

I know that Nightbane is compatible with HU, however BTS is more compelling to me.

I look forward to any response. Thanks.

PlainDre

ALL of palladiums games are compatible with each-other system-wise. so yes, you can take the attributes and stats right out of one into the other no problem.

However, as far as usefulness goes........no, not really. BTS is intended for a lot more low-powered games. Some of the more powerful demons may fit, but otherwise not really.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

PlainDre wrote:Thank you for your response.

I guess I should have specified my question. I'd like to include vampires into the campaign. I know that Rifts has the vampire kingdom book, however, they are MDC creatures...whereas the HU series deals with SDC.

Is it safe to say that the vampires in VK can be converted to SDC (direct correlation)?

Thanks.

PlainDre

Find the NIGHTBANE RPG
It is SDC setting.
Has NIGHTBANES, Vampires, Wampyres (1/2 vamps), Nightlords, Hounds, and more...
You can make Vampire-like Nightbane too, Were-animal Nightbane, Hellraiser Nightbane, Ghost Rider Nightbane, Termimator Nightbane...

PALLADIUM VAMPIRES are HP Creatures in every PB game, even RIFTS. MD Weapons do not do any damage to them period. Only Silver, Wood, and Sunlight harms them inflicting HP damage.

HEROES UNLIMITED itself has Vampires already (better than the other versions) in the MEGA-Hero section under the IMMORTAL Mega-Power. HU2 Vamps are the best PB Vamps to use honestly. The can be Blood Drinkers, PPE Vamps, Life Force (HP) Vamps, etc...and easy to make them a "race" of vamps like normal vamps...

HEROES UNLIMITED also has Werecreatures...Lycanthrope Major Power. You can build them as True Werecreatures if you wish.

I prefer to use Heroes Unlimited and Nightbane for Monster making...
If your looking for alot of Monsters in SDC check out PB Fantasy's books too.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

This message has been moved to the GM's Forum, where the topic is more applicable and appropriate. If you have a problem with how this post was handled please direct all inquires to deific.nmi@gmail.com, including the url to the post in question.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning

Return to “G.M.s Forum”