GM Help request

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Can't the Dragon hatchling just...teleport the party out with his natural teleportation ability? 5 miles away, that's farther behind the FoM.

No shame in running vs. those kinda odds. AND they can take the box with 'em.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

So the dragon blinks out, causes a rukus, and the rest of PC's escape in the confusion.

Or, if he's selfish or evil, the dragon simply blinks out and doesn't come back. 8-)
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Braden Campbell

Boone Son of Apollo wrote:Ok 1 more problem I should have mentioned. The Dragon and the Ogre will not be making it to the game tonight. Should I NPC the Hatchling to her death in her absence? She is selfish

Anarchist, or Unprincipled? Because the Anarchist character will simply leave to find a new PC Party. The other kind will growl about how stupid unteleportable mortals are, and will try to save them somehow.

And yes, role play her to best of your abilities, and give the character experience accordingly.
Braden, GMPhD

Braden Campbell

:re-reads the situation:

Ok...

The dragon blinks away. Fine...

But I can think of a half a dozen ways that this thing can go down. For example:

*the leader of the CS forces is Principled good, and is content, now that the dragon is gone, to take their stuff, and let them go, so long as they stay away from Coalition territory in the future.

* the Conservator in the Splugorth forces ('cause there just has to be one) can't hold it any longer, and attacks the CS guys. The rest of the Splugorth guys follow suit. This means our Players are either forgotten about and can run away, or join in the fight siding with the Deadboys... who, if they win, let them go as a show of good faith.

*Your Achilles Neo Human uses his/her crazy psionic powers to mind control the leader of the CS forces. See point number one. This will also net the character 1000 exp should they come up with it on their own.

*the CS guys arrest your PC party and take them to the closest detention center or forced labour camp. As the convoy rolls out, it runs into the waiting Splugorth. everyone is hauled back to Atlantis, Deadboys and PC 's alike. Can we work together to get the hell out of here?

*A full-on god from the pantheon of one of your two godling's pantheon, shows up to free them, stomping on the CS forces the way I would kick over my 3-year-old daughters toys. The party now owes the god one, and you can introduce a new quest.

*one of your psychic characters Object Reads this box to learn who it really belongs to. Leave the damned box, since its not worth dying for. Escape. Track down the owner using the psychic vision.

No one likes to die, so don't let them if you can spare them in a cool, yet somewhat plausible way. Have fun!
Braden, GMPhD

Braden Campbell

No problem.

I have to earn my PhD in Game Mastering sometimes around here...
Braden, GMPhD

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Setting off an explotion to cover the box being invsibled and having the dragon fly it out along with one of the DB looking chars in its claws, to tthe two other group memebers waiting far afield. with maybe returning for the others or straifing the the surounded members, missing w/breath weapon, in an effort to fool them like he truned/double crossed the group.

Sence an neo-human is technickly a mutant animal and the CS has laid claim to all MAs in NA he might be in trouble if captured.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mouser13 »

Braden Campbell wrote:No problem.

I have to earn my PhD in Game Mastering sometimes around here...

You sure you didn't have your Grad student write this

Braden Campbell wrote:*A full-on god from the pantheon of one of your two godling's pantheon, shows up to free them, stomping on the CS forces the way I would kick over my 3-year-old daughters toys. The party now owes the god one, and you can introduce a new quest.

Isn't that a little munckin. In fact it is a munckin card(Dues ex machice gun spelling). If you still do this one make sure the god takes the loot because their would be some phat loot in their.

Personlly I think you should not do this one only has a last possible idea, Plus I don't think any of the gods would do this they are lazy after all and should not stand up to the alantis minions. The whole RIFTS earth full of waring gods does not appeal to me.
shiiv-a
Adventurer
Comment: I see people as people first, anything else is secondary

Unread post by shiiv-a »

in response to the last comments made .. about hauling in a 'god' to clean up the situation ...

WHAT pantheon are the Godlings from? .. are they Rivals? .. do they have enemies in any other pantheons? .. you have that much power in one place .. you are certainly bound to get the attention of some other deities that you DONT wanna disturb.

just a thought .. sorry for stepping on shirttails here
Creator of the Chi grenade. Used in game by Kevarin [GM] and self as Mai - Civilian Martial artist that got amped via experiment. Ghost weapons and shirts rule.

Nano Missiles - used once and GM banned further use. They weren't THAT bad. and did stop a demon scout ship from returning with valuable info.
Braden Campbell

shiiv-a wrote:
WHAT pantheon are the Godlings from? .. are they Rivals? .. do they have enemies in any other pantheons? .. you have that much power in one place .. you are certainly bound to get the attention of some other deities that you DONT wanna disturb.

Excellent thought! I assumed tehe two godlings were from the same pantheon... but if they're not, then by all means let eh conflict fly.

And yes, sometimes bringing in a god to bail out the Players can be a bit cheezy... but not if happens only once in a while. In this case, with 2 semi-divine beings in the party though, it kind of comes with the territory. You don't get to play a godling without having to involve yourself with the gods.
Braden, GMPhD

shiiv-a
Adventurer
Comment: I see people as people first, anything else is secondary

Unread post by shiiv-a »

*steals what little credit for a wonderful point not thought of*

anyways .. *stuffs the little thing away in a small bag* .. thanks there sir. not enough kudos going on about the area at times. sometimes us smaller guys or gals tend to think of things in a different light.

me? .. would have the dragone teleport with the box .. and after hiding the box .. get a 'change of heart' and go back to try and figure out how to get the group out of trouble .. and then state that in the process of teleporting .. the box got dropped and it has NO clue where it might be now ...

the dragon STAYS in alignment .. looking out for its best interests .. and then going back to see what can be salvaged .. err who can be rescued .. if they can think quickly.

just a couple of thoughts only .. think i'll go wander off now .. need to put my stockpile of 'almost compliments together .. and one day i'll get a real one ... =p
Creator of the Chi grenade. Used in game by Kevarin [GM] and self as Mai - Civilian Martial artist that got amped via experiment. Ghost weapons and shirts rule.

Nano Missiles - used once and GM banned further use. They weren't THAT bad. and did stop a demon scout ship from returning with valuable info.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”