Question about Splicers and Rifts Earth

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

MethosDarkblade
Wanderer
Comment: The Dark General of the Apocalypse and the right hand man to the Horseman of Death

Question about Splicers and Rifts Earth

Unread post by MethosDarkblade »

How do you guys with both use Splicer's characters with the world of rifts. Without an engineer or librarian, the host armors do not gain abiltiies, nor does a pack master gain new hounds.

Is there any house rule you would use for this situation?
Methos Darkblade

If you smell who the rat is cooking.

Super or otherwise, you are just a man, while I am a God!
-Darkseid

That was fairly ruthless father. I hope I made you proud.
-Aqualad

Always better to crash the mode
-Impulse
demos606
Hero

Unread post by demos606 »

Most folks that mix Splicers and Rifts Earth seem to just have whole Houses rifted in to avoid exactly the headache you presented.
What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world. - R E Lee
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - G Orwell
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

to expand on PFTA.....

They might be turned into Super Inventions, from PU2.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

I came up with a back story for a small house in NA that avoided the tired cliche of being rifted....
the one question i have is....Host Armor is a living organism; all living organisms have PPE; so whats the PPE of the Host Armor?
Right now i use a quick conversion of Bio-E = PPE. But i would be interested in hearing how anyone else handles this...
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

PslyderFTA wrote:Though you've gotta wonder. . .

Pay no heed to the thoughts flitting around in my head about methods to use Nanotech Plague against Mechnanoids. . .tee hee.

What change one nasty menice in for another?
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

duck-foot wrote:
Damian Magecraft wrote:I came up with a back story for a small house in NA that avoided the tired cliche of being rifted....
the one question i have is....Host Armor is a living organism; all living organisms have PPE; so whats the PPE of the Host Armor?
Right now i use a quick conversion of Bio-E = PPE. But i would be interested in hearing how anyone else handles this...

thats a potentuialy huge amount of PPE for a mindless hiost armor. id go with minumum PPE 10 and max would be BIO-E x 1/2.
well one side effect of my method is it does make the armor a target for those critters that feed off PPE...
still a multiple of .5 does sound a bit better...
I am still playtesting the modifications and backstory for the host armors in rifts I will have to let you know how it works out.
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

actually i'd leave the splicers constructs as having no PPE. if you go by BTS2, PPE is the raw potential for development. in psychics, it becomes ISP and psychic powers. in some humans, it becomes better strength, higher intellegence.
in mutant anmals and splice constructs, it becomes Bio-E for genetic alterations.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

glitterboy2098 wrote:actually i'd leave the splicers constructs as having no PPE. if you go by BTS2, PPE is the raw potential for development. in psychics, it becomes ISP and psychic powers. in some humans, it becomes better strength, higher intellegence.
in mutant anmals and splice constructs, it becomes Bio-E for genetic alterations.
well by having the Bio-E equal the PPE it creates a variable PPE in the armor....as the character/armor advances in levels the Bio-E/PPE increases and as the armor "grows" new/better systems it expends the Bio-E/PPE. Basically only the remaining Bio-E counts towards PPE (with the armor always having a minimum of 2d6 permanent PPE). so far it seems to work. but then its still being tested...a level gain for the player is coming up...so that should tell me if its going to get out of hand or not.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”