Texas Star

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rockwolf66
Hero

Texas Star

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

hey everyone,

I have a group of PC's on Vinny's forum who are mostly GunXYZ. Currently they are competing with each other to see who's the best shot. So far they have gone 3 out of four rounds with rifles. They want to try handguns. Now their prospective boss has issued them Identical Glock 19 handguns. Now in order to make this a challange for them I am letting them try a Texas Star. the problem is that I really don't have rules for a Texas Star.

The Star consists of five metal plates ballanced on metal arms. when all the plates are there the Star is stationary. once the first plate is shot off the star starts swinging at random. so What rules would cover a Texas Star?
"Having met a few brits over here i wonder about them. The Military ones I met through my dad as a kid seem to be the most ruthless men on the planet..." -Steve Hobbs
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas

Unread post by mobuttu »

I would say.

1) Called shot -3 to hit due the small size of the plates. Difficulty to hit 8.
2) Every time a plate is hit increase the difficulty to hit by -1xnumber of plates beaten due to random movement, thus:

1st plate: -3 (11+ to hit)
2on plate: -4 (12+ to hit)
3rd plate: -6 (14+ to hit)
4th plate: -9 (17+ to hit)
5th plate: -13 (21+ to hit)

3) Whoever beats all five plates in the shortest time wins (including reloading time - roll versus PP or appropiate skill).

Just my 2 cents to start discusion :)
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Watched more then just the vidio posted here....so these are mods I sujest to mobuttu's sujestion

1st plate: -3 (11+ to hit)
rest of the plates: -6 (14+ to hit)
Add in a GM penilty of 1d6 or 1d12 for each shot, yep the GM rolling too each time the player shoots. ;) :P
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”