New GM, Rules Clarifycation/Questions

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas

Unread post by mobuttu »

1) Yes.
2) Depends on the WP.
3) Dunno.
4) Yes. Unless new Physical skills are adquired that modify those stats.
5) No.
6) Dunno.
7) Yes, they are. See New West OCCs.

Hope this helps. :)
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: New GM, Rules Clarifycation/Questions

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Janus Methedor wrote:Hello! I have a few questons. Thanks in advanced to all whom respond.
1) Are the ancient WPs bonuses cumulative with hand to hand and PP bonuses?

YES. absolutely. Says so repreated even :)

2) When dealing with the weapons that have RoF equal to melee attacks how do the Modern WPs work? Can they still get the aim (+3) bonus or do they revert to the M:WPs giving +s depending on the level of the character?

Yes. actually, there is no difference. if you aim, you get the bonuses but still must sacrafice actions

3) What Advantages do humans have in ROBOTECH in comparison to say, the Sentinals Aliens?

Human Ingenuity.

4) Are stats absolutly static aside from skills?

Yes

5) Can you chose physical skills more than once? Like getting body building more than once and geting the bonuses multiple times.

Nope. Only once per skill.
6) Is it posable within the game for a MD to bring a character back to life with, of course a skill roll or is it ony reversable with magic and the like?

depends on how you mean. If they have a heart attack, then yes, they can be brought back. if you mean they've been dead for hours? no. if they get to the body before brain death, there IS a chance of reviving them. but not after. and then, they will need highly sophisticated bionic technology to really have a chance in most cases.

7) Are there any rulse for dual weilding guns?
Thanks For Reading[/code]

Yes, it is ONLY possible for character with W.P Paired Firearms, which is an OCC ability and can NOT be taken as a skill.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

1) yes
2a) One aimed shot per APM
2b) unless the modern weapon gives a bonuse to strike, you always use the MWP bonuses, as per the level of the char.
3) Numbers, non-of the years of oppression.
4) HP goes up per level, usully +1d6, other then that and PPE and ISP, stats are static unless something changes them. New skill, act of a god/deeamon/sSNbeing.....etc.
5) No is the cannon answer
6) Only magic can bring a char back from the dead. Unless some SN being decides to bring them back.
7) unless the char has sharp shooting or triad assain H2H, they can only use one modern weapon at a time.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Janus Methedor wrote:4) Are stats absolutly static aside from skills?

Yes

Not quite. There are augmentation processes (juicer conversion, bionics and cybernetics, bio-wizardry, gene-splicing, etc.) that can raise stats along with various equipment that can accomplish similar things. :)

Edit: Stats can be reduced as well through things like physical injury and other such circumstances.
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
demos606
Hero

Unread post by demos606 »

For number 7, I direct you to the paired weapons skill in Rifts: Ultimate. To use 2 firearms without penalty is a skecial skill restricted to a small handful of OCCs, to simply imitate hollywood and barely hit the broadside of a barn is well within the skills of anyone with paired weapons.
What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world. - R E Lee
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - G Orwell
Rali
Hero

Unread post by Rali »

There are always ways to modify a characters stats (with a GM's approval). Lowering a stat is probably the easiest. Brain and/or psychological damage/trauma can lower a person's ME, MA and/or IQ; Excessive physical damage/trauma can lower a characters PS, PE, PP, Spd, SDC, and/or HP. I'm pretty sure (I don't have my book in front of me) that there are also rules in the addiction section of books to cover stat changes due to drug use.

Raising a stat usually takes more time and GM intervention/approval. Bioengineering, Drugs, and Cybernetics are just some of the ways to raise a stat (but usually come at a high price). The hardest stats to change are the Mental stats, though MA is probably the easiest if you have the down time to go to charm school. :lol:

Janus Methedor wrote:5) Can you chose physical skills more than once? Like getting body building more than once and geting the bonuses multiple times.

If your GM allows it, but it's usually frowned upon in general. I've considered allowing it on rare occasions (to fit a character profile), but at the cost of halving the skills bonus each time it's taken.

Janus Methedor wrote:6) Is it posable within the game for a MD to bring a character back to life with, of course a skill roll or is it ony reversable with magic and the like?
There is no rule specifically (TTBOMR) that says it is impossible for a Medical Doctor (MD?) to attempt to bring a dead character back to life. There are "miracles" happening every day, however, this should be considered within reason. But then, in the realm of sci-fi, a Mad Doctor (MD?) could always try to do a Re-Animator :twisted:

Janus Methedor wrote:7) Are there any rulse for dual weilding guns?

Apart from the skill in the Rifts: New West book, no. However, thats not going to stop someone from doing it anyway. If someone insists on doing a John Woo, just have them fire wild with a penalty.

The Rules Books are just the starting point.
AtB Warehouse Blog (New Animals, Adventures, Bestiary, and More)

That's REAL LIFE. I'm talking PALLADIUM. Confuse the two at your own peril :)
~Nekira Sudacne

Unread post by Guest »

Janus Methedor wrote:Hello! I have a few questons. Thanks in advanced to all whom respond.
2) When dealing with the weapons that have RoF equal to melee attacks how do the Modern WPs work? Can they still get the aim (+3) bonus or do they revert to the M:WPs giving +s depending on the level of the character?
3) What Advantages do humans have in ROBOTECH in comparison to say, the Sentinals Aliens?
5) Can you chose physical skills more than once? Like getting body building more than once and geting the bonuses multiple times.
6) Is it posable within the game for a MD to bring a character back to life with, of course a skill roll or is it ony reversable with magic and the like?
For which game?
verdilak
Adventurer

Unread post by verdilak »

Kuseru Satsujin wrote:For which game?

I thought that each game was compatible with the other, hence the Megaverse.
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Thanks For Reading

1) Outside of Ninjas & Superspies/Mystic China, yes. In N&S/MC, your W.P. bonuses don't combine with your Hand to Hand Combat/Martial Art Form bonuses unless you have an associated Weapon Kata for each weapon.

2) There's no relationship between ROF and strike bonuses for modern weapons. In older games, an aimed shot costs one attack and gives a +3 bonus to strike (or more, depending on the character's skill level). In the current ranged combat rules, an aimed shot costs two attacks, and provides a +2 bonus, on top of whatever strike bonus the character has for the particular W.P. at that particular skill level.

3) Read the book and find out.

4) No.

5) No.

6) Bring out of a coma, yes. Resurrect the dead, no.

7) Yes. See Rifts New West, HU2, or Systems Failure.

This message has been moved to the GM's Forum, where the topic is more applicable and appropriate. If you have a problem with how this post was handled please direct all inquires to deific.nmi@gmail.com, including the url to the post in question.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
The ineffible GM
Explorer

Unread post by The ineffible GM »

EPIC wrote:
verdilak wrote:
Kuseru Satsujin wrote:For which game?

I thought that each game was compatible with the other, hence the Megaverse.

that's the rumor ...

By 'compatible' it really means is "Relatively easy to convert"...
especially if you purchase the full size book that tells you the rules for converting characters, and what the new stats for everything in the new setting. Well, actually there's more than one.
"Otaru taught me that blue skies mean happiness"
- Lime, from Sabre Marionette J, episode twenty five
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mouser13 »

Warwolf wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

Yes

Not quite. There are augmentation processes (juicer conversion, bionics and cybernetics, bio-wizardry, gene-splicing, etc.) that can raise stats along with various equipment that can accomplish similar things. :)

Edit: Stats can be reduced as well through things like physical injury and other such circumstances.

Also, Drugs can also increase abilities.
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas

Unread post by mobuttu »

Janus Methedor wrote:7) Are there any rulse for dual weilding guns?

I think Battle mage from FoM also has dual paired weapons as an OCC skill.
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o

Return to “G.M.s Forum”