Chi-Town Information

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Ahulane
Explorer

Unread post by Ahulane »

There are no official maps of the inside of Chi-Town or any of its related superstructures...I think they said they were going to leave it blank and let players envision how they think Chi-Town should look like.

Think of it as a super-skyscraper like 250 + stories tall and covers as much space as a small city...if you look at pictures of it from RUE there is a comparison for the size of it and the size of the buildings in the burbs around it...it easily dwarfs the tallest buildings in the burbs height wise...

Personally when I try to describe Chi-Town to my players I make the slums and lower levels look similer to the slums in FF7...with the massive support beams (though this is for the crummiest levels in Chi-Town...the levels the CS doesn't even bother to monitor because its like the burbs its so bad)...when you reach the upper levels it starts to look like the downtown city in Judge Dread where Rico goes to the pawn shop at...so that'd be the 1st few levels since its an entry way to the burbs...after that its more militerized and ritzy with more of a futuristic look to it...smooth rounded buildings made of mega-crete and MDC metals to give it a polished look like the buildings in Equilibrium...the higher you go the fancier it gets...though only people with enough cash or a high enough security clearance (for military peoples) can access these levels in my games.

I have to say though that the movie Judge Dread has by far the best example of what Chi-Town and the burbs would be like...their Mega-City is just an open top version of Chi-Town that encompasses what would be the burbs...
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Chi-Town Information

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Keldane wrote:Hey, all, I'm building a bit of a radical campaign. I won't go into much detail on it, but suffice to say I need as much information on the layout of Chi-Town as I can get. Can anyone point me in the direction of any suitable resources?

Nothing substantial, just that the upper levels are for the higher class (AKA The lofties) and the lower levels are slums.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Chi-Town "suffers" from the Lady of Pain Syndrome.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

here is the way i've always envisioned it.

Chitown is a large multi-level structure, obviously. each level is hundreds of feet tall, and contains several 'sub-levels' within. on each of these sublevels, you have buildings and roads. some of these buildings extend between multiple sublevels, and in other area's there are gaps in the floor of sublevels to create large open sky's for the lowest sublevel.

like so
and so
and this
more from the above
and more

while these come from robotech (and i would have used the DYRL versions if i had them, for the much darker and grittier look), use that kind of layout, and just fill them with people and buildings using the Judge Dread style. :)

there would be 5-6 'blocks' of such layers stacked ontop of each other. each floor in these blocks would be a 'level'.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Thats the way I sort of figured Chitown was like. It looks cool! I couldn't look are the first three pics. I also figure the Center in phase world is like that too.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas

Unread post by mobuttu »

Taking into account Coalition got many technology from Lone-Star Complex, and that this complex it is also multi-leveled, you could take some hints from Lone Star World Book.

I know it's not the same, but can be useful to figure out something.
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

mobuttu wrote:Taking into account Coalition got many technology from Lone-Star Complex, and that this complex it is also multi-leveled, you could take some hints from Lone Star World Book.

I know it's not the same, but can be useful to figure out something.

except

A.) chi-town existed long before the CS found the lonestar facility.
b.) the colaition built a chitown style fortress city ontop of the lonestar facility after finding it.
C.) every megastructure has levels. we usually call them floors.

aside from both being built by the united states, chitown and the lonestar labs proably have little in common structurally. one is a massive skyscraper city, the other is a subterranean lab.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas

Unread post by mobuttu »

Judge Dredd comics could also be helpful. See Megacity-1; it's a fortified multi-leveled city.
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o
DocS
Adventurer

Unread post by DocS »

Chi Town, Coalition city, but the city don't know what the city is gettin,
The Crem de la creme of the CS world, in a show with everything, but Yul Brenner...

I get my kicks above the Waistline, sunshine...
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

DocS wrote:Chi Town, Coalition city, but the city don't know what the city is gettin,
The Crem de la creme of the CS world, in a show with everything, but Yul Brenner...

I get my kicks above the Waistline, sunshine...

:ok:

One town's very like another, when your head's down over your pieces, brother.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Don't forget...

The Mackinaw river runs either underneath, or right beside, the city.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
T-Willard
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: A soldier is more than his equipment.

Unread post by T-Willard »

You could base the inside of Chi-Town on the maps to the Archology in one of the later Shadowrun books. There was an arcology that failed to a malovent AI, and it had maps for it IIRC.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”