PPE costs

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

shiiv-a
Adventurer
Comment: I see people as people first, anything else is secondary

PPE costs

Unread post by shiiv-a »

IF a being goes to a world that has low PPE resources and has to expend double the normal PPE needed for a spell to work.

does the same hold true for someone BORN on that world that takes up a magic type class?
Creator of the Chi grenade. Used in game by Kevarin [GM] and self as Mai - Civilian Martial artist that got amped via experiment. Ghost weapons and shirts rule.

Nano Missiles - used once and GM banned further use. They weren't THAT bad. and did stop a demon scout ship from returning with valuable info.
asajosh
Hero

Re: PPE costs

Unread post by asajosh »

shiiv-a wrote:IF a being goes to a world that has low PPE resources and has to expend double the normal PPE needed for a spell to work.

does the same hold true for someone BORN on that world that takes up a magic type class?

Off the top of my head I would say "yes", reason being I think the low magic worlds are meant to be low magic for every body, natives and tourists alike. :D
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
shiiv-a
Adventurer
Comment: I see people as people first, anything else is secondary

Unread post by shiiv-a »

hmm .. k ..

guess that sorta makes sense.

the way i sorta saw it was more along the line of 'new magics on that world' would be 'normal cost for the natives and double for the others .. because of it being a combo of Genetics and enviornment symbiosis

thus outsiders would have to spend twice the native's PPE to learn and cast the spell .. BUT .. by the same mark, any spells taught to the locals while ON that world .. WOULD and forever more cost twice the PPE.

so in otherwords, it would sorta balance ... but who knows ..
*shrugs*
Creator of the Chi grenade. Used in game by Kevarin [GM] and self as Mai - Civilian Martial artist that got amped via experiment. Ghost weapons and shirts rule.

Nano Missiles - used once and GM banned further use. They weren't THAT bad. and did stop a demon scout ship from returning with valuable info.
KillWatch
Champion

Unread post by KillWatch »

Wouldn't super high be pre elf dwarf war level?

Also I don't understand why the world makes so much of a difference. I can understand for ley line walkers shamans geomancers and warlocks. but just your basic mage whose energy is supposedly within themselves, or priests whose power comes from their connection to their gods. Or is this another bit of logic I have to throw out the window for the game
The entire experiment may ultimately not work. But as Tiger Woods tears into the springbok, his mouth crimson with blood, he looks to have all the makings of a natural-born killer.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”