Pregenerated Characters and group niches

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I pre-gen all my chars and pick one for the game, if a game comes up. But I only game online these days so that is easy for me to keep my chars on my comp and just e-mail them to the GM.

If you are playing from paper, then have whoever has the books ether meet one on one with each player during the non-game time to make their chars, or to lone them to the players for the same reason.

The reason I said for them to meet one on one is that its easyer to sceduale two people to meet then it is for three or more.

I have most of the books, but it takes me several days to make a fully filled out char, but most of that is making up the background and what type of chariter the char will have. OCC and other stat stuff can be done in a couple hours if you set your mind to it.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Talavar
Hero

Unread post by Talavar »

By group niche you mean character type or role that all groups need? I've never found this to be a big deal in Rifts, but there are character types that come in handy. It's always useful to have a character good at ranged fighting, and another good at melee fighting, a magic user is always handy, as is a psionic character, and in modern settings someone who is knowledgeable of high technology. There can be a lot of overlap though, and characters that can fill more than one role. Take a techno-wizard in Rifts, they're a magic user, but they also know high-tech stuff.

I've never found much use for dedicated healers or thieves in Rifts like I have in some other gaming systems; it's too easy for other character types to have a healing ability of use, like a psychic or a magic user.
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Unread post by dragon_blaze_99 »

My fev game was one I GM about 5 years ago when I pre-made over 20 PC for a 5 player group put them in envelopes marked 1-20 player rolled D 20 highest number picked first they could not change the character and had to play it when a character died they picked from the remaining envelopes, some of the character got used as NPC when I need one fast too. is was great I think every group should try it once.

Dragon_blaze
The mind is the gateway to the future
Ethics are so annoying. I avoid them on principle

Return to “G.M.s Forum”