Vampires and TW gear

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

asajosh
Hero

Vampires and TW gear

Unread post by asajosh »

I know vampires can use modern weapons. Since they have a significant amount of PPE, can a master or secondary vampire channel it to use TW weapons/gear? Vampire Kingdoms doesnt get that specific.
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: Vampires and TW gear

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

asajosh wrote:I know vampires can use modern weapons. Since they have a significant amount of PPE, can a master or secondary vampire channel it to use TW weapons/gear? Vampire Kingdoms doesnt get that specific.

IIRC, vampires are psychic, which means they can use TW gear.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

keanpf wrote:Thats kind of a GM judgement thing. personally, i wouldn't allow it unless the vampire is a magic class. The PPE is just the residual life force that exists in all beings, i believe that vampire's just have more of it than others. I would think that having PPE is different than the ability to tap it and charge weapons with it. Also, most TW weapons require spells to recharge them. Now i haven't actually read the vampire kingdom book, but i would say that if they don't have any spells, they can't recharge it, and if they do, than they can be cause they have the ability to use their PPE for spellcasting.

Um TW gear doesn't require that a spell is cast on the item, just that the user has sufficient PPE (and the ability to direct it). The spell is already in the item, it just needs power.

I'm thinking that they should be able to use TW weapons, but most just choose to rely on their natural powers.
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

asajosh wrote:
keanpf wrote:Thats kind of a GM judgement thing. personally, i wouldn't allow it unless the vampire is a magic class. The PPE is just the residual life force that exists in all beings, i believe that vampire's just have more of it than others. I would think that having PPE is different than the ability to tap it and charge weapons with it. Also, most TW weapons require spells to recharge them. Now i haven't actually read the vampire kingdom book, but i would say that if they don't have any spells, they can't recharge it, and if they do, than they can be cause they have the ability to use their PPE for spellcasting.

Um TW gear doesn't require that a spell is cast on the item, just that the user has sufficient PPE (and the ability to direct it). The spell is already in the item, it just needs power.

I'm thinking that they should be able to use TW weapons, but most just choose to rely on their natural powers.

Actually, in the original Rifts book, you did use spells to charge/activate most TW gear.
This was phased out in later books, and now you just channel in straight PPE or ISP.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Ya I remeber that now, that was the FIRST rule that my first GM changed. And every GM after that has always used the "TW devices are PPE powered", so I've litterally NEVER played that TW items are charged by pumping in spells themselves. :oops:

But back to the main issue. Any precidence for Vamps using TW gear (or forbidding it)?
Carl

Return to “G.M.s Forum”